KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Predator vs. Wolverine

Predator vs. Wolverine
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Predator vs. Wolverine

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine from the X-Men series

against

The Predator from the first Predator film.

Scenario:

Wolvie is in the deep jungles of South America. A Yautja sees a potential prey. Logan senses something wrong and pops his claws. The Pred, seeing that the target is armed, fires a blast at Wolvie and hits him. Logan stands up and brushes it off while his healing factor kicks in. The Pred is intrigued. And, after a scan of his target, discovers that not only the skull is encased in a mysterious metal alloy, but the entire skeleton is, too. This is a trophy the Pred MUST have.

The two are pitted at the exact same spot where Arnold and the Pred fought at the final fight in the first film. The Yautja, being honorable, takes off his mask and cannon to fight Logan.

Logan, obviously, has his claws and healing factor.

The Pred, for this fight, will have his dual wrist mounted claws (on one hand only) and his Chakram, the razor sharp smart disc frisbee thingy that can be thrown and return to the user.

Also, remember: Arnold defeated the Predator with no weapons for either participant, and a booby trap log thingy. I'm giving both weapons to make the fight interesting. Jackman Wolvie is around 6'2" and the Predator is about 7'3".

Movie Adamantium against an alien alloy(s) may very well withstand each other. Nobody knows for sure.

Who takes this?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Feb 4th, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

I like the back story you wrote -- Preds would definately get hard once he saw Wolvie had a metal Skull.

As for the fight... wasn't Wolvie's healing factor like WAY f*cking uber? The scene in X3 where Dark Phoenix is blasting away his flesh and his healing factor keeps up, crazyness. What's pred's got that can kill him?

Also if this is the Preds from the first film.. why does he get the flying disk?

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:42 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I thought that it'd be a nice addition.

Too much?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Pred should keep the cannon, though not much good it'll do.

The Pred from the first film was h2h slower than a trained human. Wolverine will make him look like slow motion. The Pred has nothing that'll stand up to the claws.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:49 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I thought that it'd be a nice addition.

Too much?

Well we know little to none about what kind of metal Pred's disc (and claws) are composed of. For all we know he could decapitate Logan with the disc ( hard to imagine Pred's metal to be more durable than Adamantium). I remember Pred's claws breaking in Predator 2... maybe not.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:57 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Logan would kill the Pred h2h. Very quickly, and very efficiently.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:08 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Wolverine stomps

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Originally posted by Mindship
The Pred should keep the cannon, though not much good it'll do.

The Pred from the first film was h2h slower than a trained human. Wolverine will make him look like slow motion. The Pred has nothing that'll stand up to the claws.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Logan would kill the Pred h2h. Very quickly, and very efficiently.

I don't remember movie Wolvie having awesome speed feats. His major weapon against Preds will be his healing factor. They seem about the same speed.

Last edited by Blinky on Feb 4th, 2010 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:34 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same speed? Wolvie was WAY faster, man.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:40 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Same speed? Wolvie was WAY faster, man.

Gimme specific examples. I don't remember movie Wolvie being that fast, at all.

Edit: I know Wolvie is faster, but he does not have that much of an advantage there, from what I remember from those shit movies.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:42 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blinky
Gimme specific examples. I don't remember movie Wolvie being that fast, at all.

Edit: I know Wolvie is faster, but he does not have that much of an advantage there, from what I remember from those shit movies.

When he was fighting Lady Deathstrike, when he was blocking the wood dart thingies in X Men 3, when he was chopping away the ladder under the fire escape in Origins.

Wolvie's claws will cut right through Pred like hot butter, lop off a limb, gut him, take his head, etc;

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:50 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

When he was fighting Lady Deathstrike, when he was blocking the wood dart thingies in X Men 3, when he was chopping away the ladder under the fire escape in Origins.

Meh, ok -- still not all that impressive. But significantly faster than Preds showings. Thanks for reminding me about those scenes, been awhile since I've seen those shit films.

Wolvie's claws will cut right through Pred like hot butter, lop off a limb, gut him, take his head, etc;

Everybody knows Wolvies claws will carve up the Pred, real nice. That ain't up for debate.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:56 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's another thing, I dont see why people say they were shit, I quite liked them. A few shit casting calls, but they were good.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:57 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

That's another thing, I dont see why people say they were shit, I quite liked them. A few shit casting calls, but they were good.

You'd have to be a life-long fan of the comics to even begin to understand.

On a side note: If this was Wolvie from Hulk VS Wolverine, the Pred would have his severed head shoved up his own ass faster than he could say "What the hell are you?"

Last edited by Blinky on Feb 4th, 2010 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 03:01 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blinky
You'd have to be a life-long fan of the comics to even begin to understand.

On a side note: If this was Wolvie from Hulk VS Wolverine, the Pred would have his severed head shoved up his own ass faster than he could say "What the hell are you?"

I gotcha. Kinda like me having a problem with the movie "Shooter." I read all the Bob Lee Swagger books years ago, I am a huge Stephen Hunter fan, and despite the movie being good to someone who has never read the books, I have that problem with the movie.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 03:07 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

wolverine all day.

logan doesnt lose vs. fights

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 05:17 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unless he fights a Jedi......................

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 05:27 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Bone Claw Wolverine would even this up.

That or the Predator with Plasma cannon.

Actually either of those situations, and the dominance would be reversed, so still kinda pointless.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:43 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I gotcha. Kinda like me having a problem with the movie "Shooter." I read all the Bob Lee Swagger books years ago, I am a huge Stephen Hunter fan, and despite the movie being good to someone who has never read the books, I have that problem with the movie.
I don't know if it is like that, cause I never read the books and I still thought Shooter was pretty lame.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Wolverine as long as he keeps his distance and keeps moving/dodging cause all the Predator needs is one strike at wolverine and it's over.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:30 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote