KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The All Versus Forum

Do you want an All Versus Forum?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I want an All Versus Forum! 49 81.67%
No, I do not want an All Versus Forum. 11 18.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The All Versus Forum
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The All Versus Forum

Since Raz has shown his face here recently, I feel like I should get the ball rolling and make a petition thread for an All Versus Forum. I support this idea, as do many other members. It seems to work on other numerous websites, and I feel that this could be a fun place to pit matches.

What is an All Versus Forum? It's a place where you can pit comic book characters, movie characters, video game characters, novel/book characters, television characters, and anime characters all together in a single bout, without restriction for genre specific forums.

If created, I volunteer to mod this All Versus Forum, and will gladly accept any help offered to help mod the place.

Raz, it's your call, Meister!

Everyone cite reasons why you want this place made!

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 1st, 2011 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:45 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You're supposed to cite reasons why, Zack!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This really needs to happen. Too many sub-forums are getting bogged down, stagnating and repetitive. The Anime vesus is composed of just the Big 3 Shonen stuff, the Games versus is Link, Kain etc, the Star Wars versus is dying and the movie versus is just lame and has massive flame wars every other day.

This could really breath some life back into the forum as well as draw all the members into one place, have some really kickass debates and expand the site. I strongly urge everyone to vote for this.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:54 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because it is my idea.

*watches as the "no" votes come in*

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:55 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There should be an All Versus Forum because I get the feeling that there's hardly any more matches people can come up with in the genre specific forums.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:57 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Fo sho'. We need more match-ups.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Star Wars EU vs Harry Potter ftw!

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 1st, 2011 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:58 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the biggest reason would be because there is a demand for it and it would also broaden our pool of characters. I personally vote yes because it would open up the possibility for more interesting threads 'cause we would be able to use tv show characters. Characters from television shows have a ton more to draw from (feat-wise) than movie characters due to having multiple seasons/episodes.

The mixed genre threads in the CvF were (in large) successfull and really only stumbled and halted because we needed everyone to agree on matches to get a thread started.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jul 1st, 2011 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:01 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

There are plenty more matches you could come up with. They just won't get much traffic compared to more popular matches.

That said, I have always wanted to see Ender Wiggin beat Lelouch in a fight. So if that means it can happen, I'd like it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

Maybe this isn't as good as I originally thought.

Last edited by AuraAngel on Jul 1st, 2011 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:01 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

For it, and I'll help mod it if necessary. thumb up

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:03 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I would offer to mod but there are probably better options than me. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:04 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Maybe this isn't as good I originally thought.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:05 PM
Impediment
Endless

If this happens, I am going to need a co-mod, definitely. If none of the existing mods want to help, I'll campaign for one to be hired by Raz.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:06 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Overwhelming positive feedback so far. A lot of the reasons previous mentioned can sum up most users desires for an amalgam versus forum.

While I'm for it, I feel there is a need for someone to play devil's advocate here. In something as all encompassing as an amalgam versus forum, there's very likely to be a number of issues between users as the various formats are compared and contrasted. This could lead to many volatile flame wars.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:07 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

re posting this here: Yeah it could be good as long as it isn't done like MVC did it( as in everything is DBZ Vs Comics or Shonen vs Comics Such, that's my biggest worry but then again that's on the assumption that's all the poster knows).

But since this site does have careful moderation I say go for it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:12 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Not to mention this Forum does get made, it will get a lot of traffic. Just cause it's new and such.

I haven't actually voted yet. I'm trying to think of the downsides.

On the one hand, many people will make threads that could not have been made before. It would open up flood gates for creativity, at least for a short time.

On the other hand, flaming and trolls would most certainly increase there. To an annoying level. And if it gets too bad, a lot of people will just go to different forums.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:12 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

A large part of this site's prosperity (not trying to insult any other part of the site), is it's versus forums. The most visited forums on here is the comic book versus forums and movie versus forums. Individuals love pitting characters from their favorite franchises together. However, the strict rule of inter-medium fights somewhat impedes this fun. It limits our escapism to one medium, even though most of us undoubtedly have multiple mediums in which we find our entertainment.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:14 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Well, I would say that the genre specific matches are too limited, and there are only so many characters people will actually use in a versus thread. I notice that quite a few people just champion one or two characters and have passing interest in the rest, so things can get stagnant and slow if not a lot of people are involved. With an all versus, more combinations are possible and I guess more posters can meet each other (this point can be good or bad). But yeah, more options being available will likely revive a lot of interest in characters that normally wouldn't be usable.

Similarly, many characters span multiple forms of media and I notice that those not included in a given forum's genre are often brushed aside. This could also alleviate that a bit.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:18 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It will certainly be more creative. Just likely to be more hectic as well if not handled the right way. The rules would have to very explicit about how a thread gets started. Make the posters specify who is competing, what medium they're from, the source material in said medium, and so on.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i would love an all v. forum.. there are a lot of different characters from other types like comics, novels, tv shows, etc that can be used..

also i believe there would a lot of traffic.. not only from people in the mvf, but from every forum here on kmc..

Originally posted by Nephthys

lol..

Originally posted by Impediment
If this happens, I am going to need a co-mod, definitely. If none of the existing mods want to help, I'll campaign for one to be hired by Raz.

you are the best person for the job but i will help any way that i can

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote