KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP Area reaches TEN THOUSAND POSTS!

RP Area reaches TEN THOUSAND POSTS!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RP Area reaches TEN THOUSAND POSTS!

WOO-HOO!

Well, that is not bad, seeing as it started at... well, zero, obviously. it's great, though, because us little bunch of geeky weirdos hjave craved this place out of nothing at all, and created something we all enjoy and have taken great part in! For which the thanks must go to all of you, of course, because the game is nothing without the players; it is for the players it is done and by the players it goes from being simply a set of ideas, into a true story..

Only one story runing here right now, of course, but I am sure there will be more in future.

So, thanks to you all, and here's hoping we get another 10,000 on the clock soon... I have a few ideas about how this might be celebrated; I am planning an RP trivia quiz, and I thought you could use this place to ask me ANY questions at all that you have about the story- how it works, anything you are confused about, what I have planned (even BEYOND the current storyline, for the following Grand Campaign, which will cover the period between TPM and AOTC and may well see a fair few direct pre-Clone War plots, is already coming together.

And... you know... make any comments you like! This is the ten thousand post party! Enjoy yourselves!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 09:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Cool! I didn't realize it was so big.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 10:13 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Yay!
question...if we loose this game also...is it really the last?
and if we find the mausoleum....hard advancements? evil face

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 05:23 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

celebrations!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 11:18 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe, we will see who wins this one dexx, as long as I kill you you don't win anything :P

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 03:55 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you lose this game totally, Dexx, then you have to exercise hardcore danger options and actually attack the Jedi. Hmmm...

(Puts on party hat)

As for what happens if you find the Mausoleum...

(deep laughter)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 08:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah fire..i hope we'll have the chance to finally meet..in a distant future
I'd take that second option ush evil face

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 08:04 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh, goody.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 13th, 2003 08:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

How likely is it that we'll be killed anyway? So, I'll meet you guys down at the graveyard in 10 minutes, alright?

*blows up*

Old Post Feb 14th, 2003 01:35 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Things do start to get very dangerous, to be sure. Think of this as 'Level 4', if you want. You've had your gentle easings into the world, it gets hardcore now...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2003 01:06 PM
Dexx
wingless

um..i didn't...hope i'll manage anyway

Old Post Feb 14th, 2003 03:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Malastare was your gentle introduction...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 15th, 2003 02:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Not very gentle if you ask me...

Now, if Edna came back, we'd have two Force champions on the team. Edna and Takuan would be unstoppable together, and me and Chion would dance around swinging our lightsabers, and Wraith and Dak could...do stuff! Muahahahaha!!!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2003 11:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

For a start, Wraith can actually DO things, like drive and pilot and sabotage and has interpersonal and investigative skills, stuff like that... Dark Side has always badly missed having a Fallen (now joined by the Executor, as Wraith is) type around.

Though NPC wise, Saar is an Executor as well. I'll make new profiles for the new arrivals- and also Balek, Persis and Ascar- soon.

Coming soon: Some general tips for you guys!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2003 11:59 PM
Dexx
wingless

goodie
quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
and Wraith and Dak could...do stuff! Muahahahaha!!!

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2003 01:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right! Here are some tips for you guys in the game, in case you are ever stuck for ideas!

1. Jedi should never forget that they have very wide-ranging powers in the form of requiring and requistioning aid inside the Republic. Most Republican forces will fall over themselves to aid, or send aid to, any Jedi in need.

2. This is something that has been used little... very rarely have attempts been made to sense the future. If you spend a little time, remember that a Force User can get glimpses of what is to come! This can give all sorts of hints. Obviously, people like Gundark and Takuan are better at this than Galder.

BTW, this cannot be used to unravel Kuylen's plan. That is the Dark Side for you.

3. Adventurers, Ronins, Fallens and Executors all have considerable AND contemporary knowledge of the Galaxy, and the friends that come with that. Very often such a character can contact such a friend or contact to help in such a situation.

4. Renegades and Marauders have led lives in the Galaxy unlike the more Temple-bound Knights and Dark Jedi. You can try and use these to help if you wish.

5. Masters (and to a lesser extent, Scholars) have friends in high places on Coruscant, in the Jedi and maybe in politics also; the benefits of their long diplomatic careers. Another resource that can be used. Masters also tend to know what is what in the Galaxy, though their information is old and their contacts moved on.

So, for some examples, in this game so far:

1. Wraith is an Executor. He therefore knows the right people to speak to on Nar Shadda to get the info his side seeks

2. Xeth is a Renegade. He does not have a network of contacts, but in his past he has WORKED on Nar Shadda, and knows how things work there.

3. Gundy has friends like Grevor who turned up to help her. She could produce more such friends, if needed.

Within reason, I will leave the terms of your contacts and past to you. Take an example of you guys in a story working with priates, and you are stuck. If Galder wants to contact some of his previous employers as a Corsair who are pirates and might be able to help, then feel free. Or Mah might know the inside men in the organisation, or the law officials he once helped in locking some of them up. Gundark might know the Senator for the area, who can open doors. Wraith may know men who can get you into ANYWHERE... for a price.

So do not overplay it, but think about how such things can help you; especially Mah and Wraith.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 11th, 2003 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 09:42 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You've had your gentle easings into the world, it gets hardcore now...

"Gentle easings"... Was mine being sent on an info hunt just to lose some money?

Sniff... sad I liked that money...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 12:41 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Oh and Ush? Can I have a few friends from my hunting trade? Like, rich friends?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 12:43 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The gentle easing s thing was for the old sweats, rather than you, GK. But your Nar Shadda plot is pretty gentle, considering!

You can know important people in the bounty hunting trade for sure, GK. Calling them 'friends' may be overdoing it.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 01:47 PM
Dexx
wingless

I think i can make use of these future glimpses. I never tried them cuz i didn't know if i can do it that often.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 06:01 PM