KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Defiant Comics Warriors of Plasm etc

Defiant Comics Warriors of Plasm etc
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Defiant Comics Warriors of Plasm etc

I could argue Jim Shooter is as influential as anyone in creating quality comic books.
I could argue Marvel came through it's "crisis" a decade before DC and this was thanks to Big Jim. O.K. Marvel went bankrupt decades later, but that is another story.

People often forget because he could be an ass and difficult, how prodigious he was from Kid prodigy on...

The one set of series of his that I would have loved to have seen grow, was his Defiant Universe, when everyone was producing the same old shit Defiant was seriously wacky we had a crazy twist on Shazam with Charlemagne, we had the crazy Quantum Magic and we had the absolutely leftfield bioengineered world of Plasm. We also had some genuinely nutty characters like War Dancer based on South American, Aboriginal and Hindu ideas all rolled into one.

It really could have been great.

Thoughts?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 08:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

What happened to it?

-_-

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 07:17 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The early nineties comic boom and bust basically, too much product and not enough buyers. Less established and often better products crashed

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2018 07:51 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Yeah that's a bummer but not surprising. I remember loving Dark Horse's attempt at making a shared superhero universe when they made Will To Power, X, Into the Vortex, etc. I loved Will to Power, but that whole universe seemed to go belly up pretty quickly.

-_-

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:31 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blight
Yeah that's a bummer but not surprising. I remember loving Dark Horse's attempt at making a shared superhero universe when they made Will To Power, X, Into the Vortex, etc. I loved Will to Power, but that whole universe seemed to go belly up pretty quickly.
Yeah, they were good series. It was a big shame. Damn, we're all getting old.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 11:35 PM