KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Medivh & Dar'Khan VS. Jon Irenicus & Master Chief

Which team?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Medivh & Dar'Khan 4 44.44%
Jon Irenicus & Master Chief 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Medivh & Dar'Khan VS. Jon Irenicus & Master Chief
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Medivh & Dar'Khan VS. Jon Irenicus & Master Chief

The fight takes place in an area of about 30 square kilometers which includes: an open area, a forest and a huge abandoned tower. It's up to the combatants where they will take the fight to.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 11:49 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

What can Jon Irenicus do?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:01 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Irenicus

I don't know all that much about the character himself, but what I do know is that he's no pushover.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:09 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

If Jon's powerlevel can rival that of Elminster and Khelben (which I personally doubt) then the only fight here will be between Medivh and him, Dar'Khan will imo be disintegrated more ore less instantly against a mage of that capacity that the link gives Jon.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:17 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
If Jon's powerlevel can rival that of Elminster and Khelben (which I personally doubt) then the only fight here will be between Medivh and him, Dar'Khan will imo be disintegrated more ore less instantly against a mage of that capacity that the link gives Jon.

Yeah, I kind of intended for MC and Dar'Khan to be fodder.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:25 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

If Medivh and Jon are near equals, Master Chief and Dar'Khan are not even worth calling fodder.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:26 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Phantom Miria
If Medivh and Jon are near equals, Master Chief and Dar'Khan are not even worth calling fodder.

They are imo only equals if what is mentioned in that Bio concerning Jon's comparison to Elminster and Khelben holds true, but agreed Master Chief and Dar'Khan is just a piece of dirt on the shoe.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 12:30 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Utrigita

Dar'Khan has died a couple of times before

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 05:52 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Is this Jon before or after he drains some of the Tree of Life?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 06:10 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Nephthys
Is this Jon before or after he drains some of the Tree of Life?

After.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 07:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Then he probably wins. He has a lot of spells that instantly kill/petrify people with a wave of his hands one spell of which is a spell only he can use that kills 6 enemies in quick concession, is totally immune to fire, ice, acid and lightning, can cast time stop, has a spell sequencer of spell-strike and power-word: kill (basically he gets rid of all your magical protections and kills you, instantly (though not by game mechanics)), has a spell that duplicates his opponent and can instant-teleport (if that intro to the game is allowed where he does it). Funnily enough, I was thinking of making a thread of Irenicus vs Kain.

Also I heard somewhere that the BG team got lazy so for Irenicus' stats, spells etc they just created a copy of Elminster and switched the model.

Though I hear Medivh is pretty spiffy...

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 21st, 2009 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 08:20 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

This guy does indeed sound powerful and certainly a threat to destroy Kain.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 08:30 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

What does Kain have to do with this fight?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 01:40 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Then he probably wins. He has a lot of spells that instantly kill/petrify people with a wave of his hands one spell of which is a spell only he can use that kills 6 enemies in quick concession, is totally immune to fire, ice, acid and lightning, can cast time stop, has a spell sequencer of spell-strike and power-word: kill (basically he gets rid of all your magical protections and kills you, instantly (though not by game mechanics)), has a spell that duplicates his opponent and can instant-teleport (if that intro to the game is allowed where he does it). Funnily enough, I was thinking of making a thread of Irenicus vs Kain.

Also I heard somewhere that the BG team got lazy so for Irenicus' stats, spells etc they just created a copy of Elminster and switched the model.

Though I hear Medivh is pretty spiffy...

Nothing of that guarantee him the victory against Medivh, who not only has the means to counter all that but has at least several of those abilities and feats behind him as well.

It would for sure be a clash between titans, but it would also be quickly determined. Although because Medivh has instant kill abilities as well, he has avoided instant magic blasts, has in fact resurrected himself in the past and has precognition, I have confidence in that he will walk out of this alive. Not to mention the fact that he has in the past regulated magic on a magician to completely block him from access to magic with a thought.

But I read up on Jon Irenicus and they seem pretty equal in power. Although Medivh having precognition has me saying he has the edge. Chances are even that Jon might be more powerful, but that still doesn't grant him victory in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 01:57 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Dar'Khan has died a couple of times before

It takes some time to reform one self from complete disintegration.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 11:33 AM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
It would for sure be a clash between titans, but it would also be quickly determined. Although because Medivh has instant kill abilities as well, he has avoided instant magic blasts, has in fact resurrected himself in the past and has precognition, I have confidence in that he will walk out of this alive. Not to mention the fact that he has in the past regulated magic on a magician to completely block him from access to magic with a thought.

But I read up on Jon Irenicus and they seem pretty equal in power. Although Medivh having precognition has me saying he has the edge. Chances are even that Jon might be more powerful, but that still doesn't grant him victory in my opinion.

Two quick things, One: Yes Medivh brought himself back to life, however I don't quite see how it have a bearing in a versus battle because it doesn't appear that he is capable of immidiate bringing himself back, it appears some time is required which in a versus battle would be equal to a knock out. Two: Yes he has regulated the magic of Khadgar in the Warcraft Universe, however where Jon can imo be argued for being equal to Medivh the same can't be said about Khadgar in comparison to Medivh, however I for one doesn't see any reason to believe that Medivh will be capable of regulating the magic from the Forgotten Realms from where Jon draws his magic in the first place since it's a magic that only Mystra regulates, if Medivh tries to regulate the weave he will probably end up like Karsus (created a 12th level spell to assume control of the weave), a few seconds of God-Hood with a following level of insanity then death. Sargeras could be a factor if it wasn't for Ao saying that no other god can handle the weave.

While Precognition is good, I'm not quite sure how it will help Medivh (ore Jon for that matter if he had it), my understanding is that while their magic may be similar in effect, the initial requirements to produce the effect they desire is very different, so for instance Medivh can see that Jon while throw a spell at him, but he have never seen the handmovements ore heard the words utilized before, my point is that while he may know a attack in incoming he doesn't have a knowledge on how to per say counter it before it's already in the air so to speak, maybe I'm lacking the true understanding of precognition that are my initial thoughts on the subject and the reason why I haven't given a winner because frankly I have no idea.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 11:53 AM
Utrigita

They would have to take away the silver fire, the chosen attributes, the spellfire so they would already be making a weaker Elminster, but seeing how Simbul fears Elminster I understand why they felt the need to maybe downgrade him abit.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2009 11:57 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 were my favourite games before Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft came out so kinda torn about this one. Irenicus was a beast even when you had four high level wizards in your group. However, even Deathwing was wary of Medivh. I wonder how Medivh would deal with Time Stop.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 03:50 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

I strongly believe Medivh can outdraw Irenicus. Medivh did react to and countered an instant spell.

Perspective

Old Post Nov 26th, 2009 04:02 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

chief solos

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 01:09 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote