KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

Here is why:

1. No penguin....danny devito's penguin was iconic, Nolan won't touch it...also penguin isn't intimidating enough for bale batman

2. no clayface/Mr. Freeze...either requires too much suspension of belief and special effects...not Nolan's style. Nolan prefers gritty realistic villains.

3. no Catwoman...at least as a villain. it seems contrived to have a catwoman in the nolan batman canon, what with no mention of Selina in the 2 movies so far.

4. no two-face...as the only villain. Two-face simply can't carry a movie, also two-face wasn't really even a villain in the dark knight.

5. no joker...for obvious reasons

6. no riddler...too silly, too similar to joker's style of mental games...too wacky to fit in Nolan's batuniverse

7. No rha's al ghul...I just didn't like his portrayal by Nesson.

What Nolan prefers in villain is someone who is intimidating but also believable and realistic. That removes out clowns like scarface, mad hatter, killer croc and the other two bits.

Also, NO villain can mentally torture batman like the Joker. So the nxt villain has to PHYSICALLY beat the Batman.

And that brings us to Bane!

Bane is the perfect Nolan villain. He's smart, he's powerful, intimidating and he's new. He has an interesting but unwacky backstory, his intent to rule Gotham makes an interesting plotline, and him fighting with batman will deliver a new level of action excitement to the batman movie. So I say Bane should be the next major villain.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 01:58 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Um... No...

The Reaper...

'Nuff said...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:04 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Re: Batman 3's Villain will be Baaaaane!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
Here is why:

1. No penguin....danny devito's penguin was iconic, Nolan won't touch it...also penguin isn't intimidating enough for bale batman

2. no clayface/Mr. Freeze...either requires too much suspension of belief and special effects...not Nolan's style. Nolan prefers gritty realistic villains.

3. no Catwoman...at least as a villain. it seems contrived to have a catwoman in the nolan batman canon, what with no mention of Selina in the 2 movies so far.

4. no two-face...as the only villain. Two-face simply can't carry a movie, also two-face wasn't really even a villain in the dark knight.

5. no joker...for obvious reasons

6. no riddler...too silly, too similar to joker's style of mental games...too wacky to fit in Nolan's batuniverse

7. No rha's al ghul...I just didn't like his portrayal by Nesson.

What Nolan prefers in villain is someone who is intimidating but also believable and realistic. That removes out clowns like scarface, mad hatter, killer croc and the other two bits.

Also, NO villain can mentally torture batman like the Joker. So the nxt villain has to PHYSICALLY beat the Batman.

And that brings us to Bane!

Bane is the perfect Nolan villain. He's smart, he's powerful, intimidating and he's new. He has an interesting but unwacky backstory, his intent to rule Gotham makes an interesting plotline, and him fighting with batman will deliver a new level of action excitement to the batman movie. So I say Bane should be the next major villain.

1. Nolan has touched the iconic Jack Nicholson Joker and has outdone it. Could be done, Penguin portrayed as a mob boss like Sal Malroni, could be a force with a side villain as a pawn, similarly like Ras and Scarecrow, i can definately see Penguin trying to take over gotham via criminal underworld. With good public relations and smart moves, he could make himself look like the good guy, bringing new work and jobs to Gotham for example with his night clubs, but the are merely a cover for criminal activities.

2. agreed, ClayFace and Mr Freeze are too unreallistc

3. Obviously Two Face cannot carry his own movie, i do not doubt that he will be in the next movie, he is portrayed as a vigilante in TDK and will be an obstacle for Batman in the next film, its personal too if Two Faced Dent finds out about Rachel and Bruce. No one should easily give into Harvey's funeral when they know if he is indeed alive, itll be a hell of a ride next film

4. Joker. No comment.

5. Riddler im on the fence with, classic riddles Riddler is silly i agree, the ideas of riddles is silly. But if you put a Se7en or Saw spin on it, something really dark as well, it could work very well. Plus Gary Oldman said Riddler, unclear if it will happen or not but people think its gonna happen, i agree though, the Joker is the only one who can really mess with Batmans mindset

6. Ras, by means of Lazarus is unreal

Other Possibilities (side villain):

Bane: not as the main villain, he doesnt have issues with batman like Two Face or Ras, or Joker.

Catwoman: think The Office, Pam and Jim, 'sexual tension' that ultimaetly goes nowhere

Killer Croc: appeared in Gotham Knight, man with terrible medical skin condition top with mental illness, dont make him look EXACTLY like a crocodile, no tail, and was he stopped? we he could be used if, Riddler has a riddle that leads batman to sewers only to have him get attacked by croc, idk

as for Reaper, Hush and all em, are they known enough by general people to be satisfied?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:35 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

All of his reasons are invalid & as much as I'd love to see Bane, I don't see it happening. Btw, DeVito's Penguin sucked & isn't iconic. That statement itself is laughable as is the comment that Two-Face can't carry a movie by himself. This guy is a joke, people. A five year old could probably come up with better reasons.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:53 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

If Nolan would touch The Joker, after Nicholson's performance I don't see what would stop him from doing Penguin...

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:56 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally, an actually good Riddler & Two-Face team up would be nice. I say make the Riddler sinister, and a little darker than usual, and equip him with hella weird riddles & puzzles. Bane would be nice, but he's too unrealistic to fit in this universe as well.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 02:59 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I can see the Penguin in a movie, like a mob boss. I would like that. Better than the orgin Burton gave him.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:10 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

How about this:

Riddler is used as the smart bad guy that uses his wits to battle Batman. But, it would help if he uses somebody as his "muscle". Bane could be that muscle. Bane in Batman's universe could just be some steroid freak to make it more realistic.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:26 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, it would be. But, I still don't want Penguin in this series. Maybe it's just because I've never found him to be that interesting.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:27 AM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Myth
How about this:

Riddler is used as the smart bad guy that uses his wits to battle Batman. But, it would help if he uses somebody as his "muscle". Bane could be that muscle. Bane in Batman's universe could just be some steroid freak to make it more realistic.

exactly. Bane is just a muscle, a henchmen. steroids or probably be some performance enhancing drug.

Seeing Riddler team with Two Face i can take a gamble it would be a hell of a performance knowing Nolans films. It would put even jim carey and tommy lee jones to shame.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:35 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see it happening in this universe, but maybe it's just me. I'd still prefer someone like the Riddler to team up with Two-Face.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:49 AM
Joker1237

Bane is not a muscle, just henchmen. The guy is smart. He knew rushing in taking out Batman would fail. So he busted the crazys out of Arkham, watching or spying on Batman's progress though the likes of the Hatter, Ivy, Joker, Scarcrow, Firefly, ete. And when he felt Batman was weak, he jump in and crush him. Than after beating Batman, Bane rein the show, he was number 1. Until the new Batman defeated Bane.

I relly dislike the way Bane was shown in Batman and Robin. If they just have Bane as a bodyguard in the new Batfilm, it will be a disgrace to Bane.

Bane may have strength, but he also has the brains to complete with Batman.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:53 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Originally posted by Da Joker
Yeah, it would be. But, I still don't want Penguin in this series. Maybe it's just because I've never found him to be that interesting.

Be a shame to have a Batman movie series getting wrap up with out the big 4 in there imo.
(The big 4 are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:55 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd never say Penguin is in the big four, or Catwoman since she's not really a villain. Hell, the big two alone are Two-Face & the Joker.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 03:59 AM
Joker1237

Twoface is not part of the big 4. Though out Batman's history the top 4 villians were Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman(Before she was revamp), Than after that, the rest of villians Twoface, Ivy, Scarcrow follow them.

They were the top 4, all 4 had a role in the 4 Batman movies(From Batman to Batman and Robin lol)

Hell by the time of Batman Forever, all 4 were in the movies. It would not be Batman imo with out these top tier villians in there some were. We been in 2 movies so far, and only ONE villian out of the big 4 show up.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:04 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say Two-Face is in the big two/four/whatever.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:08 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

I don't see why everyone wants Riddler so badly... Especially people saying they want him to team up with Two-Face AGAIN...

Let's see some new blood in these films... Nolan had the right idea, using Ras and Scarecrow... Then he used the mandatory Joker and Two-Face... Now let's see some more new faces... Reaper, Hush, Talia, etc.

And as a reply to xNIXSONx, did anyone in the general public know about or care about the comics 300, Sin City, or even The Crow before they became films? Probably not... It's all about how Nolan uses them... How he presents them... That'll make or break if people consider them big time villains or not...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:18 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

We want the Riddler because he is such a great villian, but I perfer the Penguin.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

FRACK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. PLZ no.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

The Penguin could be in this as a mob boss who has Riddler working for him. As i suggested in another thread Batman and Two-Face could team up to take down Riddler. In short I said that while there could be a triangle where everybody is out to get everyone until there's a point where Harvey and Batman have a chance to team up, and Harvey at first will not do it, but after a speech by Batman he changes his attitude and teams up with him. Unlike Forever, this has both Batman and Harvey redeem themselves by taking down Riddler, or the Penguin [since he could be portrayed as a mob boss and since Harvey wants to take down all of the mob bosses Penguin could be easily put in, and under Nolan's direction could be very menacing].

Although I'm not at all opposed to lesser known villains being introduced
like Mad Hatter or the Reaper [especially now that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: ]Rachel, his daughter, is dead, it would make sense for him to become a vigilante.]

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 04:44 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote