KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman (Bruce Wayne) as the Green Lantern... ?

Batman (Bruce Wayne) as the Green Lantern... ?
Started by: Ganner Rhysode

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

Batman (Bruce Wayne) as the Green Lantern... ?

I know there was an Elseworlds one-shot where the ring chooses Batman instead of Hal Jordan, and I know Batman briefly puts on the ring during Green Lantern: Rebirth, but, I've got a few questions...

1.) When he takes off the ring during Rebirth, wasn't it due to the fact that he thought it would make him too powerful or something? I seem to recall reading somewhere that Batman would rival Hal Jordan as most powerful Green Lantern were he to wield the ring.

2.) I SWEAR I read somewhere that the ring originally considered/wanted Batman as its first choice. However, due to Batman having other obligations/being too powerful/declining the offer/something along those lines, the Ring moved on and chose someone else instead.

I can practically visualize the panels, as I seem to recall the ring visiting the Batcave before moving on. Am I just making this up, or was this actually from something? If it was from something... what was it? And what actually happened in it?

Thanks!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 10:38 AM
Ganner Rhysode is currently offline Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I Dunno but he was targeted as the first choice for the sinestro corp ring

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 03:43 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
I Dunno but he was targeted as the first choice for the sinestro corp ring

Where was that seen? I've been looking for that.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 11:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Originally posted by Scythe
Where was that seen? I've been looking for that.

Green lantern v4 issue 17.
Here is a link to a page of it http://ryanlb.com/images/dc/images/...nestrocorps.jpg

Last edited by Icy Ninja on Apr 14th, 2010 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:53 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Re: Batman (Bruce Wayne) as the Green Lantern... ?

Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode

2.) I SWEAR I read somewhere that the ring originally considered/wanted Batman as its first choice. However, due to Batman having other obligations/being too powerful/declining the offer/something along those lines, the Ring moved on and chose someone else instead.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the ring actually wanted Super-man first.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 10:00 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Icy Ninja
Green lantern v4 issue 17.
Here is a link to a page of it http://ryanlb.com/images/dc/images/...nestrocorps.jpg

Oh, thanks.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:42 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Batman shoulda said this to the ring

(please log in to view the image)

The ring shoulda known batman wasn't it's type

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 11:18 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I remember Hal giving Batman a taste of the ring. He became a Green Batman for a little while but then he started tripping balls and seeing his parents and had to take it off because he wasn't ready to get over'em.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 02:53 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote