KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Death Note vs. Case Closed!

Death Note vs. Case Closed!
Started by: peejayd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

Death Note vs. Case Closed!

* rivals were switched... who tags who?

>> Light Yagami vs. Shinichi Kudo

* Light has the luxury of having access on police files via hacking his father's computer. his secret as Kira is still unrevealed, of course he possesses the dreaded Death Note. Shinichi enjoys all gadgets made by Dr. Agasa and can use them in full potential. his secret as a kid (Conan Edogawa) is also unrevealed, which serves as a perfect disguise.

* plot: Light as Kira is on a killing spree. Shinichi decides to personally stop the madman.

* can Shinichi deliver Light to the police? or will Light be able to write Shinichi's name in the Death Note first? discuss...

>> Kaito Kuroba vs. L Lawliet

* Kaito has all the gadgets and abilities he can have: magic tricks, illusions, bombs, etc., acrobatic & daredevil antics, voice imitation, costumes, disguises, etc. L is granted to have full access on police files via Watari and the police department. both characters' identity are unrevealed.

* plot: L possesses something valuable to Kaito (can't think of something, maybe a precious gem?). L knows he will be targeted by thieves. Kaito wants to steal the gem no matter what.

* can L protect the gem? or will Kaito successfully steal it? discuss...

Last edited by dyajeep on Dec 8th, 2008 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 02:38 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Light kills Kudo in no time at all. Kudo is famous, and unlike L doesn't really have a secret identity. Knowing Kudo's full name, and his face should kill him even if he is still young and going by Conan shouldn't it?

As for the last match. I never got that far into Cased Closed but if it is somebody Conan beat L would do it even easier. Conan has nothing on L.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 02:59 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
Light kills Kudo in no time at all. Kudo is famous, and unlike L doesn't really have a secret identity. Knowing Kudo's full name, and his face should kill him even if he is still young and going by Conan shouldn't it?

* Kudo is famous, but Light does not know that Conan is Kudo.

As for the last match. I never got that far into Cased Closed but if it is somebody Conan beat L would do it even easier. Conan has nothing on L.

* Kaito is very tricky... Conan only stalemated him, as far as i remember, later on in the series, Kaito even learned that Conan is Kudo (something that only very few people know, because Conan let them know), but in Kaito's case, he learned it by himself...

* L is exceptional in his deducting abilities, but what made him lose to Light is that he does not have any concrete evidence that Light is Kira... i think L will have a big problem with Kaito's identity just like with Light...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 02:29 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Yea but Conan usually uses Mori to tell who did what. And he's also used his actual self just hidden to tell who did what. He never uses himself as Conan to solve the case. And there is still no way Conan could figure out how he was doing anything so he'd never be able to bring Light to justice. Though I guess I can see Light underestimating Conan since he's a kid and he wouldn't know he was up against Conan either. But I also wouldn't put it past Light to try to kill Conan because he does tend to be suspicious and poking around places and Light would try to kill him and realize it wouldn't work and could probably uncover his secret. Light is pretty brilliant. Not as brilliant as L sure but he should be able to figure out Conan's identity eventually before Conan can prove anything.

L didn't have any trouble finding out who Kira was though. He just didn't have the proof, and kept Light close to him. And that was without even knowing about the supernatural power behind Kira's killing. L is also a whole lot smarter than Conan is so if Kaito is as smart as Conan or just a bit smarter then I can see L beating him. Though the circumstance you have laid out I'm not sure. He could probably prove who stole it but I don't know if he could keep it from being stolen first per se.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 03:05 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Yea but Conan usually uses Mori to tell who did what. And he's also used his actual self just hidden to tell who did what. He never uses himself as Conan to solve the case. And there is still no way Conan could figure out how he was doing anything so he'd never be able to bring Light to justice. Though I guess I can see Light underestimating Conan since he's a kid and he wouldn't know he was up against Conan either. But I also wouldn't put it past Light to try to kill Conan because he does tend to be suspicious and poking around places and Light would try to kill him and realize it wouldn't work and could probably uncover his secret. Light is pretty brilliant. Not as brilliant as L sure but he should be able to figure out Conan's identity eventually before Conan can prove anything.

the only problem is, eventhough Light is brilliant or even a genius, he does not have that edge in deducting ability department, whereas Shinichi might be on par with L, if not, it's very close to second on that department... the fact that Light does not know who Conan is, is a perfect disguise from Kudo to gather tips and evidences about Light and the Death Note.

L didn't have any trouble finding out who Kira was though. He just didn't have the proof, and kept Light close to him. And that was without even knowing about the supernatural power behind Kira's killing. L is also a whole lot smarter than Conan is so if Kaito is as smart as Conan or just a bit smarter then I can see L beating him. Though the circumstance you have laid out I'm not sure. He could probably prove who stole it but I don't know if he could keep it from being stolen first per se.

yes, in the scenario i gave, i doubt L would be able to hide or protect the gem from Kaito... Kaito would be able to triumphantly steal it... but with regards to Kaito's identity, L can deduct who Kaito really is, the only problem is a concrete evidence (which coincidentally is Shinichi's forte). smile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 05:53 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by peejayd
the only problem is, eventhough Light is brilliant or even a genius, he does not have that edge in deducting ability department, whereas Shinichi might be on par with L, if not, it's very close to second on that department... the fact that Light does not know who Conan is, is a perfect disguise from Kudo to gather tips and evidences about Light and the Death Note.

yes, in the scenario i gave, i doubt L would be able to hide or protect the gem from Kaito... Kaito would be able to triumphantly steal it... but with regards to Kaito's identity, L can deduct who Kaito really is, the only problem is a concrete evidence (which coincidentally is Shinichi's forte). smile
Conan wouldn't know about the Death Note though. And Light is also exactly like Kudo. Just more ruthless. Both help out the cops and figure out cases. Just Light suddenly turned evil because he was able to get the Death Note and kill whoever he wanted. And Conan wouldn't have the luxury of being able to keep Light close to him, and Light also has Ryuk so nobody can spy on him. It's a loosing battle for Conan because he can't do half of what L did, and without the whole group of people around Light could easily kill him, or would attempt to and figure out he isn't who he says he is. And Light has a much better chance at figuring out the whole Kudo/Conan thing than Conan has at figuring out the Light/Kira thing and proving it. Light doesn't need proof while Conan does.

Well it's a bit easier to have proof when the criminal isn't using supernatural means. L, and the few other names he goes buy are all top notch detectives. But stopping something from happening isn't really L's cup of tea. He's more of solve it after it happens type of guy.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 06:22 AM
guerney

Mori makes anounce that he will catch Kira. Mori dies. Shinichi even with all his gadgets and those three kids loses most of contacts and resources (c'mon, who will believe that brat is famous detective who solved all of Mori's cases...except those few who already know)... well i think... maybe there will be some more deaths among shinichi's friends to lure him out but in the end he will be killed too... just my opinion though...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 02:17 PM
guerney is currently offline Click here to Send guerney a Private Message Find more posts by guerney Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* i think Light is not that "trigger-happy" when using the Death Note, esp. if he is not cornered or checkmated... he has a big ego to participate in mind games to personal know who he is up against, rather than just writing the name of a famous detective on the Death Note... how can Light lure Shinichi if he does not even know that Conan (the kid) is really Shinichi (the adult)? confused

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 09:54 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO ONE is better than L. No one. Anime GOAT!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 05:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote