KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe)

Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe)
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe)

I figure we need a consolidated Stargate thread

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 02:00 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

like SG-1, loved Atlantis, Universe just had their season finale..

Universe's problem is that they need a good villain

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 03:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

All 3 are great. Long live stargate!!!

It's a long wait till next season for Universe. mad

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 03:03 AM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
All 3 are great. Long live stargate!!!

It's a long wait till next season for Universe. mad

That's good, because it gives me time to catch up on it

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 03:56 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

love SGA, and SG1, never got into SGU.

also,

(please log in to view the image)

Thats not acting, they did that when the camera wasnt around, we all know it.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 06:19 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Dave_97
love SGA, and SG1, never got into SGU.

also,

(please log in to view the image)

Thats not acting, they did that when the camera wasnt around, we all know it.

lol nothing knew though. The stargate cast often kiss each other on and off set lol..check out ben browder and Micheal shanks at one of the stargate conventions big grin

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2010 06:39 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
like SG-1, loved Atlantis, Universe just had their season finale..

Universe's problem is that they need a good villain

I'm hoping that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: once they beat the Lucian Alliance some of them will stick around and join the crew, first as prisoners but then slowly becoming allies and even friends.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 07:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm hoping that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: once they beat the Lucian Alliance some of them will stick around and join the crew, first as prisoners but then slowly becoming allies and even friends.

that would be nice

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Stargate
SGU. Loved the first few seasons. Last couple,you could tell the cast and crew were gettng tired and running dry.
Atlantis. Loved the concept. Dropped the ball on a few things,and could have done a little more to try and stray away from some SGU plot stle arcs.(felt the really dropped the ball with the Wraith,could have been really good as villians,but weren't)
Universe. Total Meh. Almost no likeable characters on the show beyond Eli. They could have flown the ship into the star in that one episode.
I would have cheered.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 03:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Danny Trejo was in an episode of SGA.

SGA did indeed drop the ball a few times, and i agree, the wraith couldve been a lot better.

in season 5 everything was far too run of the mill.
no awesome action ending where atlantis was on the brink of destruction, and earth was set for impending doom.

it was just mission after mission, like they were tired of doing it.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 06:44 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Dave_97
in season 5 everything was far too run of the mill.
no awesome action ending where atlantis was on the brink of destruction, and earth was set for impending doom.

The last episode of season 5 was like that.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:50 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Stargate
SGU. Loved the first few seasons. Last couple,you could tell the cast and crew were gettng tired and running dry.
Atlantis. Loved the concept. Dropped the ball on a few things,and could have done a little more to try and stray away from some SGU plot stle arcs.(felt the really dropped the ball with the Wraith,could have been really good as villians,but weren't)

I think the biggest missed opportunity of all in SGA was the fact they never made a Wraith a host for a Goa'uld. Not as farfetched as it sounds given the fact the Trust were proven to have the capacity to infiltrate into Atlantis itself. IIRC the Trust were concerned about the threat the Wraith posed and were going to try and destroy Atlantis to safeguard Earth from them. Well I think they could have done a plot where in an effort to better understand this new threat a Trust agent in Atlantis goes off on a dangerous mission, intentionally allowing him/herself to get captured by a Wraith soldier only to turn the tables on his/her predator and take said Wraith as a host.

Just think of it: a Goa'uld in a Wraith body. Think of it and tremble. stick out tongue
quote:

Universe. Total Meh. Almost no likeable characters on the show beyond Eli. They could have flown the ship into the star in that one episode.
I would have cheered.

I disagree. I think Greer is rather likeable. Sure he's intimidating and houses a lot of pent up rage but his protective streak and his respect for his fellow soldiers (except Telford) is rather admirable.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 10:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I think my biggest complaint about both SG1,and SGA was that towards the end of boths last couple of seasons,it seemed to me that the episodes were getting too busy.
I mena it seemed like they shoved about 3 or 4 plots into each ep,and just took off at full bore.
Sorta hurt the flow of the show with its character development.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 01:09 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Endless Mike
The last episode of season 5 was like that.
there was no suspense at all, and as for impending doom, did it seem like even for a second they weren't going to win? hell, some episodes of SG1 were more suspenseful and had more impending doom, like...say... Season 3 episode 6 - "Point of View", when the Goa'uld just overran earth in another reality.

Maybe im just not a fan as i used to be, but for me, it just kind of felt like the writers said "Well thats the end of it, so why pack any punch to the episode?"

show was ending, and that sucks, but at the same time they could've, you know, gone out with an awesome episode.
like most shows do, Although they did do talks of that movie(you know, the one that never happened) So i guess that's something.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 09:33 AM