KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?

Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?

Vader had to 2 chances to kill Luke, but he chose not to. In ESB he tried to talk Luke into turning. Luke was just a mere apprentice and Vader could have killed him easily. In RoTJ, Vader could have let Palpatine fry his son to death, but again chose to keep Luke alive by killing Palpatine. Any thoughts?

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How do you seriously not know by now?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Vader had to 2 chances to kill Luke, but he chose not to. In ESB he tried to talk Luke into turning. Luke was just a mere apprentice and Vader could have killed him easily. In RoTJ, Vader could have let Palpatine fry his son to death, but again chose to keep Luke alive by killing Palpatine. Any thoughts?

No, I'd have said defanity not. I'd have said he loved Luke actually, partly the reason why he wanted his own son on his side. Together they'd defeate the emperor & ruel the gallexy as father & son. Maybe he felt like he had to if Luke didn't join, but he didn't want to.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:05 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Re: Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?

Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:06 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Nah man, what are you talking about. Vader wanted to kill Luke both times. He just accidently didn't kill him twice. Kinda clumsy of him charging at Luke on the Death Star and accidently grabbing Sidious and accidently throwing him by accident, accidently.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Nah man, what are you talking about. Vader wanted to kill Luke both times. He just accidently didn't kill him twice. Kinda clumsy of him charging at Luke on the Death Star and accidently grabbing Sidious and accidently throwing him by accident, accidently.

Is that sarcasim?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 10:01 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Is that sarcasim?

Theres no I in sarcasm..

And yeah he's dead serious..

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Theres no I in sarcasm..

And yeah he's dead serious..
Really? How can you possibly say it was accidental?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 06:49 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Swing and a miss.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Are you seriously asking this?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 07:30 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Didn't you know that Palpatine, when grabbed by Vader, was, also, throwing Force lightning accidentally because he had to swing his arms to gain some balance? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Arhael
Didn't you know that Palpatine, when grabbed by Vader, was, also, throwing Force lightning accidentally because he had to swing his arms to gain some balance? rolling on floor laughing
I wasn't talking about Palpatine! I was talking about Vader. How can u say that it eas accidental tjat he picked Palps up & tossed him down shadt?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 08:20 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I wasn't talking about Palpatine! I was talking about Vader. How can u say that it eas accidental tjat he picked Palps up & tossed him down shadt?
You're either very thick or very ignorant of sarcasm.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 08:27 AM
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're either very thick or very ignorant of sarcasm.
I asked if it was sarcasm & he said no. BTW, I'm autistic so I often take people literally.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 12:06 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I asked if it was sarcasm & he said no. BTW, I'm autistic so I often take people literally.
How empathetic are you?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 12:25 PM
C-3POTheClever

How empathetic are you?
I got 12. Have u done it? What did u get?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 01:24 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

15. The hell is wrong with cutting up a worm? Frogs in science in class is fine, but Goddammit don't touch those worms.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 01:26 PM
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I was half asleep when I typed this . . . sorry - also New Found Glory's "My friends over you" puts you in a weird mood.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Are you a song peddler?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 06:15 PM
C-3POTheClever

15. The hell is wrong with cutting up a worm? Frogs in science in class is fine, but Goddammit don't touch those worms.

Yeah, I agree that's kinda silly. Cutting up a frog actually kills it too, as cutting up a worm, it'll just go into 2 live worms.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 04:37 PM