KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief

NOTICE TO ALL OFFICES IN BRAXANT SECTOR

Suspect Haron Silverfeet performing minor robberies in this area of space. Last seen on Mygeeto; notably responsible for heist at InterGalactic Banking Clan Central Banking Tower of Mygeeto. Wanted for robbery, assault, and murder. Possibly armed and dangerous. Predilection for mind alterations and conning acts. Do not approach without preparation. Illusive target. Kill on sight.

- BIU Main Office

A grainy holographic image accompanies the message, depicting a frozen scene from a security camera. In it, the door to a bank vault has been forcefully ripped from its hinges and has fallen to the ground. The figure beside the door, wearing a traveler's cloak, has briefly lost his hood. The man's face is surrounded by a flickering frame to indicate that he is, of course, Haron Silverfeet.

Also with the notice is a list of sites that Haron has robbed, ranging from most minor of shops to a scarce few grand heists. Credits stolen during his activities are steadily reaching hundreds of thousands, with much of it still missing.

"Do you think he will come here?"

"It's possible. He has a history with the Banking Clan. His crimes have been increasing in grandeur. The Central Bank here would be a perfect target for him to attempt a heist at."

"Shall I rally the teams?"

"Keep them on alert. I want to be ready, should this man decide to show his face on Muunilinst. And we WILL be ready..."

-

Welcome to “Thief,” an episode of the Retrospection games. As an episode of this series, “Thief” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars roleplaying game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, we want to get to know a newer player to our gaming mythos- Haron Silverfeet, a powerful Orphan with a taste for conning.

After abusing his powers to assist him in a bank heist on his homeworld of Mygeeto, Haron had to flee from bounty hunters brought in by the InterGalactic Banking Clan to apprehend him. During is flight, he was forced to abandon much of what he had stolen since first discovering his gift of the Force, and also slew his father. Since then, he has been developing his untapped talents and training himself in the ways of the Dark Side, having found no mentor to teach him. Despite having a knack for the metaphysical, Haron has also built himself a lightsaber. Now, he deems himself ready to resume his life as a con artist and robber, having increased in power and prepared himself for a very special day... the robbery of the Central Bank of Muunilinst, headquarters to the Banking Clan!

The time period is set in 28 BBY- four years after the Battle of Naboo and the events of The Phantom Menace. Haron has just arrived on Muunilinst to begin initiating his plans for the heist, but does not realize that he is expected...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 09:50 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

At this point, I need to know which, if any, predictive power the players will be using before the game starts. Once the plotline is in motion, you can’t make use of these abilities. As a reminder, your available predictive powers that you may have taken are:

Dreams. Using this gives you a small chance that the Force will have given you vague but truthful insight into what is to come in the upcoming story, giving you a chance to better react and deal with these events.

Foresight. This is better than Dreams- it represents you actually spending time to navigate the future to deliberately try and get warning of upcoming events. It can give far more clear and comprehensive visions than Dreams.

Dreams can come free, in which case you roll a single d6 die to see the outcome, the power triggering if you roll a 5 or 6. Alternatively, if you spend a Force point, you get a free Dream. With Foresight (which costs a Force point), if you get a result of 3, 4, or 5, you receive a Minor Revelation that provides clues, whereas a 6 gets you a Major Revelation, which gives you foreknowledge of an upcoming event.

The power Insight ensures that you receive at least a minor vision with Foresight, while it increases your odds of getting one with Dreams. If the plot is extremely personal to the character, they will receive a bonus to their Premonition roll.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 09:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Harnaidan, Capital of Muunilinst

It is a relief stepping off of the public transport that got you here. Space-faring was never something you were used to before you had to sneak aboard that first transport that got you off of Mygeeto. Having solid ground that is not roaring through space is comforting.

You have largely been in hiding these past few months, developing your powers in the Dark Side and practicing the social skills you have accrued for your cons. But you feel you are ready to return to a life of crime, now that you understand your powers better and have done some training with a lightsaber. The businessman that was Haron Silverfeet has been replaced with someone far more manipulative and cunning and powerful.

You have chosen the Central Bank of Muunilinst for three reasons. Firstly, it is operated by the InterGalactic Banking Clan, the corrupt financial group that more or less owns your homeworld of Mygeeto; returning to old hunting grounds is familiar and comfortable. Secondly, pulling this off will be a grand way to get back to your thieving. Thirdly... you want a challenge!

A challenge like the Central Bank of Muunilinst needs preparation, though. In order to pull this heist off successfully, you must do the following:

1) Familiarize yourself with the layout of the Central Bank and its security measures.

2) Plan out how you intend to rob the Central Bank and deal with any security measures that may get in your way.

3) Arrange for a way out of the Central Bank and off of Muunilinst.

You can do these three things in any order you like, though doing the first will undoubtedly help you do the second!

Also- you have the option of using your Ally for this mission. Do you want your Astromech droid to accompany you? He may be of use at some point, and it might be appropriate to give him a name!

You start things in the Harnaidan starport, a very large starport from which you can hop on the trolley to zip about the city or take a taxi speeder or simply walk to where you want to go.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 09:54 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

First, i would like to use a force point and use foresight

Godzilla is my bro, watch out....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 05:13 PM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

oh, woops forgot and i would like to have my astromech droid with me, and his name is X12 (see pic)

Attachment: picture 3.png
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 05:47 PM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

X12 it is! He will accompany you for the rest of the game. Being an astromech droid, he is highly proficient in Fix-It and Sabotage skills, but not much else! He is also difficult to understand, speaking in warbles as he does. Very handy, though.

And your Foresight vision will arrive at a relevant time.

What next?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 07:07 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

can i walk towards the trolley and look around

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 08:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Certainly. The trolley is one of those hi-tech jobs that hovers above a guiding rail, zooming in and out of the indoor station at high speeds. Those who disembarked from the transport you were on are mostly boarding the trolley now, to head into the inner city.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 12:03 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to try and locate all the secuirity cameras in the trolley(if there are any)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 12:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Lacking Observation, you can only see cameras that are blatantly placed to deter criminal activities. There are two monitoring your side of the tracks.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 12:41 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I will enter the trolley keeping my face against the camera and move to a corner and sit down

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 12:48 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

sorry when i say against, i mean facing away

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 12:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

No problem. You doubt that trolley security is really hunting for someone like you, but better safe than sorry! You hop aboard and keep to yourself.

The trolley zooms off and away from the starport, carrying you into the city! This is when you get your first glimpse of Harnaidan from the ground- towering spires that reach up into Muunilinst's clear green skies, all modeled around neo-classical Greek architectural columns and painted various pale hues of green. Harnaidan, being the headquarters of the InterGalactic Banking Clan, is the most glorious city on Muunilinst, and you can see why.

The trolley deposits you into the inner city, where most of the important buildings are- government complexes, historical monuments, fine museums... and the Central Bank.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 01:02 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to call a taxi and ask for the nicest hotel in the city

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 01:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Taxi speeder not required- the nicest hotels of Harnaidan are all around you! A quick Savoir-Faire check ensures that you choose the fanciest and most expensive hotel in the area, near the Central Bank.

I will note that, due to your recent thieving spree, Haron has a not unmentionable stash of credits hidden away. You can use it to buy whatever you need while you are on Muunilinst, within reason and limit.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 01:31 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to go up to the desk clerk (or whatever you call the person) and ask for a suite

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 01:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The clerk asks you what kind of suite you would like.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:02 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

A.... private, first class suite?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A quick pause to establish two things-

How does Haron dress? Has he maintained his classy business attire, or gone for the average civilian look? Or something else entirely?

And where does Haron keep his lightsaber? Wearing it openly in public would be rather foolish, after all.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:14 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

Haron came dressed in buissness attaire with a suitcase and Haron keeps his lightsaber in his suitcase along with his cloak, some other casual clothing , and about 500 thousand credits (is that ok?)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:29 AM