KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would A Director's Cut Of Superman Returns Make It Better?

Would A Director's Cut Of Superman Returns Make It Better?
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would A Director's Cut Of Superman Returns Make It Better?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 06:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

would i watch it? sure. do i think it would make the original suck less? i don't think so...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 07:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Nope.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 02:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The only two things that sucked were, Lois with another man and Superman's son killing an human. The rest was good.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I changed to yes, it will be better than the version we have but will it be great? Hell no, It wont be the Superman movie that we are all waiting for.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 06:06 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

You're comments are too generous PR... confused

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 07:06 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do I think it will make it better? That's the big question? There's was a lota great footage that was cut from the Theatrical version. So I do think it's a good possibility. Most film's today have some sort of Director's cut and this film deserves no less really. I do like the film very much already , so I'd definitley pick it up on Blu-ray disc. No Brainer there . . . .

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by jayce78 on Nov 16th, 2009 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 08:37 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I respected the homage paid to Superman I and II. But this movie went overboard. Too much time was spent telling us stuff we already know or was shown in Superman I and II.

Then there's the plot. Lex Luther again... No getting around that. I personally liked the movie but it was too slow. Superman needed to have a drag out fight against a formidable foe.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 05:11 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I guess anything is possible...but i could not see a directors cut...that would make it a good movie...better than horrible is not something i would be interested in...and its a shame really.....such a beloved character..butchered on the big screen......uuhhkk...just thinking about this movie gets me bummed out

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 12:18 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
I respected the homage paid to Superman I and II. But this movie went overboard. Too much time was spent telling us stuff we already know or was shown in Superman I and II.

Then there's the plot. Lex Luther again... No getting around that. I personally liked the movie but it was too slow. Superman needed to have a drag out fight against a formidable foe.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 02:14 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing

Well , It's funny you should say that because Byran Singer was more excited about his plans for the sequel than he might of even of been for Superman Returns: the movie. Telling us about his plan for a big second chapter where Superman battles a big foe that challanges him on many levels.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 03:56 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by vansonbee
You're comments are too generous PR... confused

yup. i really don't want to list all the things wrong with that movie.

Originally posted by jayce78
Well , It's funny you should say that because Byran Singer was more excited about his plans for the sequel than he might of even of been for Superman Returns: the movie. Telling us about his plan for a big second chapter where Superman battles a big foe that challanges him on many levels.

he only started doing that, iirc, after Superman Returns bored the f*ck out of so many people.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 02:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

he only started doing that, iirc, after Superman Returns bored the f*ck out of so many people.

Well I hate to touch such a eloquent and well made statement but he said that right as Superman Returns cames to theaters. Just Saying. No biggie.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 03:54 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well I hate to touch such a eloquent and well made statement but he said that right as Superman Returns cames to theaters. Just Saying. No biggie.

ah. i don't see why he'd do it then, though. like, your movie is coming out, but you're already telling people "don't worry, the next one will be good".

seems a bit silly to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 04:07 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by starlock
I guess anything is possible...but i could not see a directors cut...that would make it a good movie...better than horrible is not something i would be interested in...and its a shame really.....such a beloved character..butchered on the big screen......uuhhkk...just thinking about this movie gets me bummed out

Yeah like wtf was Synger thinking. He gets an opportunity to restart the franchise for a mordern audience (that has seen the likes of Raimi's Spiderman) and all he can come up with is this boring mess?

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 04:01 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by -Pr-
ah. i don't see why he'd do it then, though. like, your movie is coming out, but you're already telling people "don't worry, the next one will be good".

seems a bit silly to me.

It seems quite irrational. He deliberately made the movie dull? And then expected to get the green light for the pay off sequel? Terrible move, especially for an experienced director.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 04:26 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Allankles
It seems quite irrational. He deliberately made the movie dull? And then expected to get the green light for the pay off sequel? Terrible move, especially for an experienced director.

You know..i actually believe Singer thought his vision of superman would win us over.....but i dont think he realized as beloved as Christopher reeve was and those movies were.......that we are ready for something different and something exciting.......in this day and age.....a superman movie without a villain to test superman....will not work.....i would have been somewhat pleased if the Island Luthor grew...had weapons...or a robot of some sort. but that only begins to fix the problems with this movie...Singers vision of superman with a child was awefull....superman as a peeping tom was awefull...superman as a family wrecker was horrible..luthors scheme was awefull.....then we have this.."oh i will insert this movie inbetween the 2nd and third movie" debacle...which only furthered the disbelief of Clark and superman not being the same person? Clark was actually gone for 5 years...hmmmm and he comes back just as superman did....so adding action would have done something...but not enough.....thats why no directors cut of this movie will ever interest me.....there is nothing to work with here

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 01:05 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

While mabie not thrilling for some , and certainly not everybodies cup of tea , I think to say the movie 'sucked balls' , or some other wonderfully mature and simplified fanboy statement is a bit harsh and not anywhere near accurate.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 01:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

While mabie not thrilling for some , and certainly not everybodies cup of tea , I think to say the movie 'sucked balls' , or some other wonderfully mature and simplified fanboy statement is a bit harsh and not anywhere near accurate.

much, much better was expected, and should have been brought to the big screen in a much, much better form with the amount of money behinid it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 01:36 AM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough.

But I like it . . . . so there Mr meanie!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 03:05 AM