KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Classic transformation sound

Classic transformation sound
Started by: Orbius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Orbius

Classic transformation sound

We all know it by heart, but I've always wondered. Is the sound made when the transformation cog is activated?

And another thing, is it me or do I only hear it once in the entire movie (When Blackout transforms for the very first time)? Right after his propeller closes in on itself and moves backward, the camera rotates behind a truck, and at that moment you can clearly hear it, but then I don't hear it for the rest of the movie, or do I just gotta listen hard?

Not trying to be nitpicky, but I don't see the point in playing it once if you're not gunna play it every other time.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:41 AM
Orbius is currently offline Click here to Send Orbius a Private Message Find more posts by Orbius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Not sure what you mean about the cog thing. It's just the sound they make when their entire body undergoes a transformation.

Yes, the sound was used a few times in the film. Not sure how many, but more then once.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 06:21 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Pretty sure the transformation Cog is only used in City sized 'formers like Metroplex and Trypticon.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:09 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

OH that's what he's talking about?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 12:34 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orbius

I thought it was in all the Transformers, that it was the technology the Autobots invented.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 05:09 PM
Orbius is currently offline Click here to Send Orbius a Private Message Find more posts by Orbius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Metroplex was awesome.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 08:17 PM
Orbius

I've always wondered. How did it feel to them to transform? I think it'd feel awkward o.o.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 10:17 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Umm, probably felt like a change of clothes..?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 01:52 AM
Orbius

Yeah but you're shape-shifting your whole body, that's gotta feel a bit funny.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 02:18 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Well, when they transform, I'm sure they'd make a noise to depict pain, and they don't, so I'm guessing it's fine with them.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 03:24 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Imagine being Kup though.... Having the robot equivalent of arthritis having to move all those joints.

And Primes transformation after he was blow down that cliff outside the ruby crystal mines... he seemed to be hurting there...

Seems to be its either like rusted joints or when the TF is damaged in one mode, some of the parts become like harder to transform. (misaligning parts, warped components no longer lining up after damage etc) But normally it seems no problem for them.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 04:53 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Can't imagine a TF going through pain, what makes them feel pain?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 03:00 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Pain receptors according to the comics...

They have them I imagine, for the same reason everthing else does...

As a way to realise when you are sustaining damage.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 04:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orbius

Do they have like a skin? Or just a completely complex array of 'feel' receptors? Because, atleast in the '07 movie, when the ratdog pissed on Ironhide, he felt it on his foot.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 10:28 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I remember reading a comic, where they had something along the lines of pain receptors, and there was one Transformer who had them removed to fight a battle painless. Something like that, yeah. That issue was bad ass. One of the originals too.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 01:03 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Probably not skin.
But yes thats a good question.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 02:00 AM
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Probably not skin.
But yes thats a good question.

I always thought that he just....heard it, or even saw the dog pee on him from off camera.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 04:13 AM
Orbius

I don't think so, since he reacted the instant that the urine touched his foot. And the feel comes before the sound.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 05:06 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I don't know man, I just watch this stuff and like it. I don't ask questions. It pains me to hear Star Wars fans next to me asking: "Why oh mighty god why is there sound in deep space?!" Or: "I wonder if I can build my own lightsaber...Hmmm?" WTF?! Just watch it and enjoy it!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 05:52 AM
Orbius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
I don't know man, I just watch this stuff and like it. I don't ask questions. It pains me to hear Star Wars fans next to me asking: "Why oh mighty god why is there sound in deep space?!" Or: "I wonder if I can build my own lightsaber...Hmmm?" WTF?! Just watch it and enjoy it!

Hrm...I wonder why the Decepticons can fly in the original movie... stick out tongue *end satrical question*

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 05:59 AM