KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spiderman Preview

Spiderman Preview
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Spiderman Preview

I was watching ET (Entertainment Tonight) and they showed an exclusive preview of the new Spiderman movie. It takes place in present day NYC and in the preview it shows some bank robbers stealing money from a vault, then they escape through the banks roof, get into a chopper and start flying off, then they are attacked by Spidermans web and they end up in a huge web stuck in between the towers of The World Trade Center. Then it shows Spiderman (in his costume) flying from one skyscraper to another using his web powers or what ever it's called. I felt the preview was extremely cheesy, and the special effects were HORRIBLE compared to TPM and A.I. Lets hope they brush up on the special effects!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 09:54 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Well, nothing could be as bad as the production still I've seen from Scooby Doo. *Shudder*

I havent seen the Spiderman sneek peek yet, but Ive never been that hot on this film. I like Spidey, but only a few special productions can do justice to the comics I grew up with.

But if it looks good I'lll probbaly go see it. If not, I'll wait for video.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 10:02 AM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Unfortunately I've seen a number of preview shots and have been hugely disappoited so far. The CGI is weak as was commented upon the special effects the costume is close on spiderman but still looks not quite right. This of course is being pedantic, the costume of the Green Goblin however is attrocious. Its gone from being a Goblin outfit to being a cyber power rangers looking armor. It looks very badly done. It seems they are playing of the success of X-Men and Blade in the hope that at this juncture the very name it-self will be sufficient. Having said that the film still has till next year to get tarted up and hopefully it will do so. As well as this there is always the hope it will have a good script akin to Bendis however this is unfortunately unlikely...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 01:43 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

NO WAY! I dont know, maybe because it was on the BIG screen, but I saw the Trailer before JP# and man it was awesome. The crows went wild. The webbing on his costume seems o be 3-d, but his swinging movement straight from the comic book were brought to life!! Inthe final Scene he swung from the top all the way down, till he was just over the people walking down the streets heads. Then the legs poses he takes during swings straight from the comic book are in there.It looked great to me.

And Im not a spidey fanboy, I actauly hate Marvel, and Love DC. Infact in many ways I see as history served, as Spiderman to be a revision of Batman. Batman has been Swingin 30 years before Spiderman. But I must admit, that trailer got me excited.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2001 01:40 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I agree, I thought the motion of the swing was outstanding.

As far as the Goblin goes, I heard that the armour is just that, armour and that underneath is the Goblin were know and love.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2001 05:58 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

so when is spider man out in the uk

im as excited as this as i am for attack of the clones

Old Post Aug 10th, 2001 10:16 AM
darth fester is currently offline Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skull_crusher
The Don

I saw this preview in theatre's my freind is all "yes, yes i've been waiting for this movie"! i wanted to change seats!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 09:43 PM
Skull_crusher is currently offline Click here to Send Skull_crusher a Private Message Find more posts by Skull_crusher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

We saw the preview at the cinema a few weeks back and I still say it looks good. Some people say the swing animation is no good but I have to disagree.

Spiderman is out 2 weeks before AOTC in the US and I suspect that timeframe will probably carry over to the UK release dates.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 09:50 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I've been spoiled by superior special effects from such movies as A.I., TPM, and The Matrix, that when I see sub par special effects, it just looks cheap to me. Spiderman looks extra cheap!.......I'm so hard to pleasesmokin'

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 03:34 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Do remember that the film is still a yeah away and those effects will probably be sharpened a lot.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:26 AM
LanceWindu

I'm just going to wait for a really good preview later down the road if it looks good I'll go see it. Otherwise I'll wait for a friend to rent it then watch it then.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:50 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That is sooo extreme, watch it or wait for a friend to rent, wouldn't dream of renting it out yourself then...laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:57 AM
Zereil
Scoundrel

Well there are several things that I have to say here. Frst off the X-men movie being bad is an extremely subjective point of view, particualarly as lots of people loved it, I mean I have over 4000 -men comics and I didnt hate it despite the minor alterations from continutity, I just accepted them in the transition to film... Not a bad movie..

Spidey trailer as I said, the CGI is all very nice and they do have the swinging right but the acting style or visualisation used for thebad guys is poor, posiby because its all too bright for this kind of hero antics movie, probably would have been beter off witha night shot, which before its discussed was done a lot through the Tod McFarlane era as well as in general, although in fairness he does come out during the day a lot as well

Finnally at which point as he been a derivitive of Batman, swinging along do not make the characters.
Spiderman is all about the fact that he is an average Jo kid who has gained powers and has gained responsibility he is all about showing a normal nerd in tights who invents stuff now and again and works as a teacher.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand wa trained to fight by Assasins in several arts, has a disposable fortune has his own butler, has lost both parents and carries sidekicks he alo doesnt swing all the time he's got the Batmobile and other vehicles and he rarely invernts as he has HArold for that. I'd personnally say that swinging is far more Spideys scene. However whilst they share this skill this doesnt make them derived from one another.

Supreme and Superman or Apollo or BAtman and Midnighter or even Moon Knight are far more close connections...

Of course this is just my opinion...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:39 AM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote:
That is sooo extreme, watch it or wait for a friend to rent, wouldn't dream of renting it out yourself then...

It's not extreme I just don't want to waste money on a movie I don't think is going to be worth it. But I could be wrong and it's a fantastic movie. Then I would go out and rent it again so I can get in to it even more.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:50 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

So, how will you know unless you go see it? I tend never to reply on reviews any more, they're generally biased one way or the other.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 11:07 AM
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

Question

I am very excited about this film. I think the preview looked very nice indeed.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 04:11 PM
Pikachu is currently offline Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Right now I haven't seen the preview yet so I guess once I see it then I will make a decision based on what I saw.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 09:47 AM
Ratcat

Columbia have re-released the Spider-man trailer, minus the whole back robbery scene and with the WTC computer edited out of the skyline and Spidey's eyes.

You can download the shortened, 30 second trailer from http://www.quicktime.com

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 04:19 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Wouldn't be caught dead downloading that cheesy trailer roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2001 04:43 PM
FLIPMODE

You know after all this time, I Finally read your post, Zereil.

Dont take it to the Literal sense about the Batman-Spiderman derivitive. It ws'nt that depp. I was'nt going as so far to say that THEY are alike. Spiderman has made his own legacy. I was merely noting that, Batman has a 30 year jump on Spidey, and it's NO Coincidence in Comic history, that most heroes at that time were either on foot, OR Flying like Superman. Once Bat's came in 1939, He does'nt Fly, yet he's swinging from building to building. And the fact that both of theirs names contains an animal/and "man" at the end, is no accident. Batman was the blue print. Marvel (thankfully) was able to create a newer character, Based off of a more interesting animal than a bat, and thus making him a very enjoyable comic book heroe. And as for swingin, Spidey owns it, and perfected. Spidey gives swinging style.

And Batman uses the moblie for Certain situation, basically for getting around the city, or car chases. But open any book, and he's hardly using it. Infact he probably just takes it out just so he can get back home. He mostly makes rounds on rooftops and looks down for crime. If he see's the joker down at street level blocks away causing chaos, he's not going to go run to the batmobile, he's going to swing down there.

HOWEVER, since you brought it up, they do have some thing similar. Both were created by crime related deaths to family members. One one has a vendetta, one is holding a promise.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2001 07:08 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote