KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Cameron Talks About The Future of New CGI Technology

Cameron Talks About The Future of New CGI Technology
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Cameron Talks About The Future of New CGI Technology

An excerpt:

Cameron - If we had put the same energy into creating a human as we put into creating the Na'vi, it would have been 100% indistinguishable from reality. The question is, why the hell would you do that? Why not just photograph the actor?

Well, let's say Clint Eastwood really wanted to do one last Dirty Harry movie, looking the way he did in 1975. He could absolutely do it now. And that would be cool.

Seriously. If this is true, could this mean Star Wars episodes 7, 8 and 9 can be done with the original cast looking how they did in the early 80's? What about the return of the Joker for Batman 3? Whatever you think of Avatar as a movie, there is no denying what kind of impact this technology can have on the future of the movie industry.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...k/news/?a=13375

It's what i've dreamt about. photorealistic cgi so real that it's impossible to tell if the person is human or not on screen. reall looking human skin, mannerisms, no dead eye, no uncanney valley, no rubbery stifness look. Just real human narure, realistic skin done to the very pores.

the future of cgi tech is is here..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 05:48 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

That bit about a young looking Clint Eastwood, or continuing Star Wars with the actors in their prime...

I have to say I'm entirely intrigued. Though I dont see why Joker in Batman 3 is mentioned.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:52 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

they could recreate Heath's Joker in the exact likeness from tdk for batman 3.

he didn't die at the end of the dark knight, after all.

they'd probably have him going to arkham, getting in and escaping, with batman trailing him all over the gotham and world.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:25 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

It wouldnt be hard to make someone look like ledgers joker. Like at all.

This tech shouldn't be used to bring back dead celebrities.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 07:52 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
This tech shouldn't be used to bring back dead celebrities.

why not?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 08:10 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Sounds like necrophilia to me.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 09:45 PM
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Sounds like necrophilia to me.

It isn't though. Their talent's what's appreciated moreso than their likeness.

I'm pretty sure you've seen a movie or 2 that you've liked that may've had an actor who's talent you appreciate that was in it posthumously. Does that make you a necrophiliac, no.

personally i can't wait for the tech to be implemented.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 04:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I think this could be the greatest achievement yet lol You still have the problem of needing the original voice actors though

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 11:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo010
Restricted

Account Restricted

high tech ... in weird feeling, on my opinion.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:50 AM
neo010 is currently offline Click here to Send neo010 a Private Message Find more posts by neo010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

voices who said they can't be fabricated, a computer stores information in binary digit an artificial copy is fundamentally indistinguishable from the original except by temporal and spatial continuity of use and disuse by various agents.

Aka, the brain uses a large chunk to deal with vision, music and voice should be easy as pie with the right information if google gets better searches get better.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 11:30 PM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote