KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » My problem (s) with the Twilight series

My problem (s) with the Twilight series
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

My problem (s) with the Twilight series

1. Good idea but poorly writen
2 Dumb fangirls that obsess over a fictional character and make statements like, "Edward Cullen is would be the best boyfriend" despite the fact that they might already have a boyfriend
3. The fact that girls say this like real people cant be as good if not better than Edward Cullen
4. Glittery vampires (I dont think anything spells out "pussy" more than that)
5. And being so over-hyped (I've read two of the books and I've got to say I wasn't impressed)

I also watched the movie (which wasn't to bad)

So I guess it's not my supreme dislike towards the series (though it wasn't that great) but more so towards Edward Cullen

Who else agrees with this?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 01:31 AM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

to me the books were alright its the movie thats the problem
it didn't even get popular till the first came out

all i can ever hope for is that the chick and dood playing Bella and Edward will get cut loose soon and they'll bring some real talent into the picture

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 08:34 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Re: My problem (s) with the Twilight series

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid

2 Dumb fangirls that obsess over a fictional character and make statements like, "Edward Cullen is would be the best boyfriend" despite the fact that they might already have a boyfriend
3. The fact that girls say this like real people cant be as good if not better than Edward Cullen

I take it your girlfriend (or stalkery crush) has a boner for Edward?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 08:46 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lime
Citrus Flavour

Nothing wrong with books but maybe the cast of the films are questionable to say the least (kristin Stewart) for example

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 11:07 AM
Lime is currently offline Click here to Send Lime a Private Message Find more posts by Lime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Re: My problem (s) with the Twilight series

1. Good idea but poorly writen
4. Glittery vampires (I dont think anything spells out "pussy" more than that)
5. And being so over-hyped (I've read two of the books and I've got to say I wasn't impressed)

I also watched the movie (which wasn't to bad)

So I guess it's not my supreme dislike towards the series (though it wasn't that great) but more so towards Edward Cullen

Who else agrees with this?

there is actually a whole website dedicated to Twilight being bad, lol

...I don't like it because i'm not a fan of super purply prose. and a lot more. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 01:44 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Twilight is stupid.
Plain and simple, lol.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 01:48 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Twilight is stupid.
Plain and simple, lol.

lol spot on.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 01:51 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

It's poorly written. That's my problem with it.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 08:59 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
It's poorly written. That's my problem with it.
I think that was my first problem with it
xD

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 09:11 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I think that was my first problem with it
xD

I actually had an urge to pick up a book and a red marker, and just start editing it. >>.

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 10:54 PM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I actually had an urge to pick up a book and a red marker, and just start editing it. >>.

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>.
You think?! lol
Edward is a dick. I mean in real life any other girl would say to her, "oh why dont you just leave him?" but ohhhh nooo, since he's a vampire that they dream about f****** it's a completely different story. Girls are dumb and blind by the whole Twilight series. I have seriously heard girls say that they wouldn't go out with guys unless they were as good as Edward. WTF?!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 10:59 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

*happy that she is not one of the girls that Twilight has eaten in its tracks*

Bella makes girls look bad. -_-' I'm convinced that something's wrong with her. "Oh, you're a vampire, and you supposedly eat people? I think I love you." "Oh, you left me, now I'm gonna jump off a cliff to cliff dive so i can hear your voice in my head. I have issues, but instead of being normal about them, I choose to be stupid."

and a lot more. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:29 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I think she needs counseling lol

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:38 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

indeed.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:44 AM
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I think girls are crazy then because I've noticed a lot of them say they could be Bella haha

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 04:54 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

maybe stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 10:06 AM
steverules_2

I disliked Bella...in the movie that is, I have never wanted a main character to die as much as I did her...I mean for Gods sake she's so damn clingy. And the fact that a vampire sparkles when in light....I wanted to shoot myself over that erm Twighlight in general I guess just kinda pisses me off

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 01:59 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been told to pick up a copy of the book Breaking Dawn from the library if I want a laugh because apparently it is horrendous in the writing and grammar department...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 05:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

The books were very poorly written. I was forced to read them by my 13 year old cousin laughing out loud The first book was alright but it seemed like Meyer didn't know where to go from there and just started writing a random story and throwing things in here and there.

It's a little annoying that every little girl is obsessed with Edward, but hey, when I was young every girl was just as obsessed with Nick from the Backstreet Boys. Not a big deal.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jacob is better anyways. The whole time I was reading I was hoping she'd come to her non-existent senses and just go be with him, but nooo.

I really do hate the main character, Bella. She's pretty dumb. I also strongly dislike Kristen Stewart as an actress.

It is geared towards a younger audience and I think it's a decent, simple read for young girls. It's no notable work of literary genius or anything but it's ok for the younger generation.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 05:51 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ladyluck
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jacob is better anyways. The whole time I was reading I was hoping she'd come to her non-existent senses and just go be with him, but nooo.

Jacob's the one that "rape-kissed" her and then raped her 1 year old daughter, right?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 06:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote