KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Why don't Lois Lane just get pregnant already!

Why don't Lois Lane just get pregnant already!
Started by: vansonbee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vansonbee
Isee

Tongue Why don't Lois Lane just get pregnant already!

After reading Superman #704, I'm wondering why not?

Is it because of differences in species? Lois cannot have children or Clark shooting super blanks?

Common sense = They ain't ready for kids? What you guys think?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 04:34 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

if the baby developed super powers it would kill lois. that, and we don't know if human and kryptonian dna would make a viable child. it's worked in cloning, but that's not the same thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 04:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Watch Mallrats to answer your question.

She won't survive the impregnation or the child itself.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 05:03 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Did both of them discuss that possibility on panel before?

Get some red kryptonite in there!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 07:02 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

when dc wants a pregnant lois we will have her..

besides supes has a kid.. anyone remember superman returns big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Watch Mallrats to answer your question.

She won't survive the impregnation or the child itself.

I think she could survive carrying the baby to term. Clark was on Earth for what, ten years(?) before he absorbed enough yellow sunlight for his powers to emerge as a boy.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 07:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by roughrider
I think she could survive carrying the baby to term. Clark was on Earth for what, ten years(?) before he absorbed enough yellow sunlight for his powers to emerge as a boy.

Second this. So sad that Pr didn't think about it before posting nonesense shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 07:27 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
when dc wants a pregnant lois we will have her..

This.

At the moment all reasons against it are speculation since AFAIK such a thing has never happened in mainstream continuity so we don't know if its possible.

As for the whole baby killing Lois from the womb theory while it does have weight comics have shown time and time again that powers are selective in their application, particularly strength. Hence why Superman doesn't destroy his entire city block if he tosses and turns at night.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 10:27 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
This.

At the moment all reasons against it are speculation since AFAIK such a thing has never happened in mainstream continuity so we don't know if its possible.

As for the whole baby killing Lois from the womb theory while it does have weight comics have shown time and time again that powers are selective in their application, particularly strength. Hence why Superman doesn't destroy his entire city block if he tosses and turns at night.

exactly.

so:

Originally posted by Bentley
Second this. So sad that Pr didn't think about it before posting nonesense shifty

i did think of it, though. stick out tongue

clark is usually the exception when it comes to kryptonians, not the rule.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 01:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Bentley
I beginning to wonder if he even reads superman comics.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:34 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

But then DC has been inconsistant about how quickly yellow sunlight works on a yste, Daxamites like Sodom Yat and others during the INVASION! miniseries twenty years ago, feel the effects almost immediately; as do other kryptonians. Unless it matters if it's a newborn versus an adult...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 03:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

it should be near impossible for lois and clark to have a baby although i am sure if anyone was to break the rule it be superman.

the triple Kryptonian helix should be as different as a Horse to a fish.

I personally think that if Lois were to get pregnant she might be able to carry the child to term.

the fetus shouldnt get sufficient sunlight to manifest any powers it took clark years and only fully developed after his 18th birthday.

prior to that he was just an exceptionally robust teen easily explained by farm livin.

although, i also think her Lois should have a high rate of miscarriage this is just my opinions.

if i recall there have bn what if stories and alternate realities where lois dies due to certain complications.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:15 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

With all the technology at Superman's disposal I wonder if Lois would even have to grow the child in her womb.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:48 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Well, as long as Lois refrains from spreading her goodies to keep the sunlight out she should be ok.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 12:50 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Because it would age Superman and by extension the entire DC U.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 01:32 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 01:43 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

They actually said in the comics the difference is species has prevented them from having kids.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 05:38 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Artificial insemination then in a close environment. Sperm in egg BAM SonGoku.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 05:26 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

This is what they need to do. Kill Lois, plain and Simple, just like in Kingdom Come.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 06:09 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

hell yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 02:24 PM