KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Andrew Garfield Cast As New 'Spider-Man'

Andrew Garfield Cast As New 'Spider-Man'
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Andrew Garfield Cast As New 'Spider-Man'

Andrew will make his official screen debut as the legendary superhero on July 3, 2012, when the film hits theaters in 3-D.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovi...t-new-spiderman

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 03:32 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sony is in the exact same boat they were in with tobey maguire

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 07:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Seems fine to me. I liked the guys performance in, Dr Parnassus. Even though he is 27 he seems like he could pull off an 18-19 year old. Although, i still think it would have been a much better decision to actually cast a nineteen year old for the role. Either way, i couldn't care less about this movie. I have no interest of sitting through, YET ANOTHER Superhero Origin story. I've given up on the hope that Marvel studios will ever make a decent, Xmen or Spiderman film. The fact that they are remaking Spiderman ALREADY should leave everyone else disinterested as well.

This is coming from a guy who likes remakes

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 12:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I hope production stalls and the rights revert to Marvel and Disney.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 01:06 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Seems fine to me. I liked the guys performance in, Dr Parnassus. Even though he is 27 he seems like he could pull off an 18-19 year old. Although, i still think it would have been a much better decision to actually cast a nineteen year old for the role. Either way, i couldn't care less about this movie. I have no interest of sitting through, YET ANOTHER Superhero Origin story. I've given up on the hope that Marvel studios will ever make a decent, Xmen or Spiderman film. The fact that they are remaking Spiderman ALREADY should leave everyone else disinterested as well.

This is coming from a guy who likes remakes

yeah Im afraid your right.that as long as Sony is producing these films,thats ever going to happen.I have no problem with his age,Mcguire was the same age as well and he was a believeable high school senior as well Garfield be.The thing I DONT like is that they chose a british actor.Makes me concerned if he will be able to lose the british accent.

I dont like the sign of things on this.it looks like it is 2001 all over again when they made the decison they would rape to death his character with those moronic organics.I love the idea that they are rebooting it but as i have said before,its wayyyyy too soon to do that.

Yeah I mean if you are going to remake it,at least do the right thing like they did with Batman Begins and wait at least 10 more years which was wise for all the people like me and the other loyal batman fans who hated those god awful Burton/Scumacher Batman films. they erased those horrible memorys for me with Batman Begins.the one TRUE Batman movie other than The Dark Knight,but from the way things are proceeding,I am not optimistic that they will do the same with spidey and finally give us a great spidey film.Dont know who the screen writer is but Mark Webb is hardly a house hold name.They seem to be following the same footpaths of 2001 choosing an unproven director with nothing to brag about on his resume which turned out to be a disaster for the spiderman movies.

They should have done the smart thing and just buried the franchise and wait a decade or two after Nolan finishes with the Batman movies and recruited him to direct.Nolan unlike Raimi and Mark Webb,is not a yes man and not afraid ot stand up to the studios.He stood up to the studious of warner brothers and said-No,I am not going to do it YOUR way,I am going to make this film MY way. Raimi would not do that and neither will Webb which equals disater as well for the new series again.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 05:23 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I hope production stalls and the rights revert to Marvel and Disney.

yeah thats the only way a really good kickass spiderman movie loyal to the comicbook will ever get made.With sony producing it,that will never happen I seriously doubt.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 05:26 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah Im afraid your right.that as long as Sony is producing these films,thats ever going to happen.I have no problem with his age,Mcguire was the same age as well and he was a believeable high school senior as well Garfield be.The thing I DONT like is that they chose a british actor.Makes me concerned if he will be able to lose the british accent.

I dont like the sign of things on this.it looks like it is 2001 all over again when they made the decison they would rape to death his character with those moronic organics.I love the idea that they are rebooting it but as i have said before,its wayyyyy too soon to do that.

Yeah I mean if you are going to remake it,at least do the right thing like they did with Batman Begins and wait at least 10 more years which was wise for all the people like me and the other loyal batman fans who hated those god awful Burton/Scumacher Batman films. they erased those horrible memorys for me with Batman Begins.the one TRUE Batman movie other than The Dark Knight,but from the way things are proceeding,I am not optimistic that they will do the same with spidey and finally give us a great spidey film.Dont know who the screen writer is but Mark Webb is hardly a house hold name.They seem to be following the same footpaths of 2001 choosing an unproven director with nothing to brag about on his resume which turned out to be a disaster for the spiderman movies.

They should have done the smart thing and just buried the franchise and wait a decade or two after Nolan finishes with the Batman movies and recruited him to direct.Nolan unlike Raimi and Mark Webb,is not a yes man and not afraid ot stand up to the studios.He stood up to the studious of warner brothers and said-No,I am not going to do it YOUR way,I am going to make this film MY way. Raimi would not do that and neither will Webb which equals disater as well for the new series again.

what do u think about the awful idea of having Parker become Spiderman while in college?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

[B]yeah Im afraid your right.that as long as Sony is producing these films,thats ever going to happen.I have no problem with his age,Mcguire was the same age as well and he was a believeable high school senior as well Garfield be.The thing I DONT like is that they chose a british actor.Makes me concerned if he will be able to lose the british accent.

Christian Bale is English, Hugh Jackman is Australian, Eric Bana is Australian, Ioan Gruffudd is Welsh, Cillian Murphy is Irish, Gary Oldman is English, Heath Ledger is Australian, Tom Wilkinson is English, Ray Stevenson is Irish and so on. They all used American accents for their comic book roles.

quote:
I dont like the sign of things on this.it looks like it is 2001 all over again when they made the decison they would rape to death his character with those moronic organics.

Giving him organic web-shooters wasn't that drastic of a change.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 08:34 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

they always use adults now to play the role of teens for some reason.

the dude from transformers he isnt exactly in his teens you can tell or tobey maguire or garfield.

even the guys from saved by the bell their last season at bayside season 5 they were like in there mid 20s

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 02:33 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by KCJ506
Christian Bale is English, Hugh Jackman is Australian, Eric Bana is Australian, Ioan Gruffudd is Welsh, Cillian Murphy is Irish, Gary Oldman is English, Heath Ledger is Australian, Tom Wilkinson is English, Ray Stevenson is Irish and so on. They all used American accents for their comic book roles.

Giving him organic web-shooters wasn't that drastic of a change.

sure it does,it raped to death his character and made him into a monster. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 06:39 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what do u think about the awful idea of having Parker become Spiderman while in college?

Is THAT how this film is beginning? Man thats so stupid.If your going to do a reboot,do it right and start all over again from the beginning like they did with Batman Begins. mad

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 06:41 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Is THAT how this film is beginning? Man thats so stupid.If your going to do a reboot,do it right and start all over again from the beginning like they did with Batman Begins. mad

yeah agreed

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 07:33 PM
KCJ506

College makes more sense anyway. Peter wasn't even in high school for THAT long.

I dont want a new origin with him being bitten at college, is rather have an established Spidey.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 01:31 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

they should start this new spidey movie with venom as the main bad guy, with a hint of carnage at the end. continue venom in pt. 2 and have both venom and carnage be the main bad guys in pt. 2 with a venom and carnage rivalry mixed in as well, with both teaming up for a moment to try to kill spiderman with both perishing and the end of pt.2 with spiderman almost perishing, as well. and then make pt 3. with electro as the main bad guy. and just end the trilogy right there. and do it over 6 years. 1 film every 2 years. followed by not making another spiderman movie for another quarter century, at least.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 06:03 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
they should start this new spidey movie with venom as the main bad guy, with a hint of carnage at the end. continue venom in pt. 2 and have both venom and carnage be the main bad guys in pt. 2 with a venom and carnage rivalry mixed in as well, with both teaming up for a moment to try to kill spiderman with both perishing and the end of pt.2 with spiderman almost perishing, as well. and then make pt 3. with electro as the main bad guy. and just end the trilogy right there. and do it over 6 years. 1 film every 2 years. followed by not making another spiderman movie for another quarter century, at least.

No just no. You can't start off the first movie with Venom. Hell even if he wasn't done right, we just had him. To pull off Venom, you really need to develop Eddie Brock the way Harry Osborn was developed before he became Green Goblin.

- We need to be introduced to Spidey and the supporting characters first.

- He needs to become the Black Spider-man

- He needs to find out the suit is alive and gets rid of it.

- Brock gets the suit and becomes Venom.

- We're also gonna need a villain for him to fight beforehand.

You can have Eddie Brock, but he doesn't become Venom yet. There are so many new villains that haven't had a chance to make it to the big screen yet that I'd rather go with one of them.

And keep Carnage out of these movies. Most overrated villain ever.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 07:44 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by KCJ506
No just no. You can't start off the first movie with Venom. Hell even if he wasn't done right, we just had him. To pull off Venom, you really need to develop Eddie Brock the way Harry Osborn was developed before he became Green Goblin.

- We need to be introduced to Spidey and the supporting characters first.

- He needs to become the Black Spider-man

- He needs to find out the suit is alive and gets rid of it.

- Brock gets the suit and becomes Venom.

- We're also gonna need a villain for him to fight beforehand.

You can have Eddie Brock, but he doesn't become Venom yet. There are so many new villains that haven't had a chance to make it to the big screen yet that I'd rather go with one of them.

And keep Carnage out of these movies. Most overrated villain ever.

yea but we truely didn't have venom at all, that's the thing. it was more like eddie brock and venom didn't even look like venom. he look weak and where was the slasher tounge. i saw do venom, this time the right way.

and i'd rather see carnage in action as a villain in a spidey movie rather than another green goblin or any other spiderman villain. especially with venom added into the mixe.

my plan'd make it the best comic book film adaptation of all time. just kiddin' but i see no one as more villainous towards spiderman personally thatn these 2, right now. i know he has alot of enemies but these to are at the top, to me. or you could and the kinpin instead of electro in pt. 3. cast mike duncan for the part again, and throw daredevil in at the end, hinting and a daredevil 2 sequel.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 07:38 PM
ankur29
ankur

should of cast the kick ass guy

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 10:06 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by ankur29
should of cast the kick ass guy

Well apparently he's Cyclops now and I'd much rather see him as that considering he already played a Peter Parker like character in KA. I felt that he would channel the same character for the Spider-man series as he did in KA and that wouldn't feel original.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 11:16 AM
markdodge8

spider talk

i feel as if the spidey movies took a serious dive in part 3. venom should not have had to share screen time with other villians. new goblin was stupid and topher grace as venom was an insult. andrew garfeild is not a wise choice. comic movies are going downhill fast

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 02:58 PM
markdodge8 is currently offline Click here to Send markdodge8 a Private Message Find more posts by markdodge8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Oh? But your beloved Christian Bale is British, remember?

Don't ride Nolan's you-know-what so much. You're starting to sound like the LeBrat frontrunners...

Anyway, I'm all for Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. I think he'll do a good job. I mean, Toby did a good job, it's just his lines and director were incompetent half the time. I just have a few requests for this series:

1. Bryce Dallas Howard as Mary Jane Watson (she's a red head, and Bryce in Spider-Man 3 = what Mary Jane should have been throughout the series!)

2. NO CARNAGE!!! I don't care how popular he is.

3. Don't start with Venom. I don't care how popular he is.

4. Utilize Lizard, Kraven and Vulture somewhere in the series

5. Use Green Goblin again MUCH later (maybe the 3rd movie we can see Norman, but wait on Goblin until SP3's "Power Ranger Goblin" is out of our memories)

6. Punisher cameo for kicks.

7. Webshooters, please.

8. Don't cater to kids, just tell the story like it's supposed to be told and be done with it. Don't pander to today's youth. I'm one of "today's youth" and I'm saying don't do it, because you'll ruin the movie. My peers have horrible taste...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:14 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote