KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » black spidey.. no, not what you think..

black spidey.. no, not what you think..
Started by: super pr*xy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

black spidey.. no, not what you think..

not symbiote spidey..

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/mov...spider-man.html

what do you guys think?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 04:16 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I think this is a horrible idea....

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider

No, I'm not in favour of a black actor playing Spider Man. But I have to quantify that, because I've been on record saying it's fine to change the racial makeup of characters, to better reflect the multicultural society we live in. So I'm saying it's really fine just for background, supporting characters - who you would consider 'racially neutral.'
I think when it's your main character, you should honour who they are.

So, yes to changing Nick Fury, Kingpin, Harvey Dent - that's OK, as they just support the leads. No to Spider Man; just like I would say no to a white Luke Cage.

That pretty much sums up my opinion.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 07:35 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sony doesn't know what they wanna do.. their a bunch of dummies

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Jun 2nd, 2010 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: black spidey.. no, not what you think..

Originally posted by super pr*xy
not symbiote spidey..

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/mov...spider-man.html

what do you guys think?

nnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would have been okay when they made the first three man-spider movies cause those movies already raped to death his character with organics sick but their going to reboot it this time so DO it right this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I think this is a horrible idea....

That pretty much sums up my opinion.
I really don't see how Spider-Man is tied to any particular race. Whereas Superman and to a lesser extent Batman are known for being a certain type: handsome, 30-something, dark-haired Caucasian males Spider-Man really isn't defined by his appearance, in fact most people in the comic book world don't even know what he looks like under the costume.

The way I see it as long as they keep Spider-Man as a nerd and as long as he's still male it doesn't matter who gets cast so long as they can act out the role well.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 12:28 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I really don't see how Spider-Man is tied to any particular race. Whereas Superman and to a lesser extent Batman are known for being a certain type: handsome, 30-something, dark-haired Caucasian males Spider-Man really isn't defined by his appearance, in fact most people in the comic book world don't even know what he looks like under the costume.

The way I see it as long as they keep Spider-Man as a nerd and as long as he's still male it doesn't matter who gets cast so long as they can act out the role well.

i understand that i really do but idk i just feel when a character is created one race it should stay that way unless it's a special circumstance.

for example an alternate reality such as what if or else worlds.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 04:05 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

people went crazy when spiderman india came out.. and that's just the comics..

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 05:51 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Movieverse - Comicverse - they dont have to tie to one another. If the guy is good and the movie is good, whats the downside here? If it helps you all sleep better just imgaine it's an alt reality version ffs. Big deals are being made here and they're not warranted.

As stated above, he doesnt HAVE to be white. And funnily enough my boxers arnt in a twist at the thought of a Black spidey. Because a geek is always a geek stick out tongue

As long as the character remains somewhat true, then the story should be alright. It;s not like they changed it to a 6ft4 black highschool basketball star who gets bit. Now THAT, i would bunch my crotch for.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:18 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

i understand that i really do but idk i just feel when a character is created one race it should stay that way unless it's a special circumstance.

for example an alternate reality such as what if or else worlds.
It is an alternate reality.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 03:27 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mindset
It is an alternate reality.

no the movies are not "what if" in fact they are the canon continuity of the movie verse.

yea just like Uni X
and no the way you stated the costume thing really wasn't what i meant....i mean completely change it so it had nothing to do with spider-man but you know that's ok roll eyes (sarcastic) ......none of which were mainstream canon continuity. but in the movie verse it would be mainstream canon continuity. So they should definitely not change that unless it's going to be a movie that WONT be considered canon.
for example Iron Man and the New hulk are canon in the movie verse. so to throw out a Spider-Man movie set then reboot (making the reboot canon) that's a horrible idea to make him black.....because black spider-man is not and never will be canon material for any kind of mainstream universe....movie or other wise. Just like to have a white luke cage, blade, storm, or any other black character will never be Mainstream canon material....movie or other wise. I would be just as strongly against a reboot on blade and making him white.

EDIT: my respones to another person....so it's not all directed to you. im sure you can pick out the parts lol.

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 05:28 PM
SamZED

I dont want Spider-man to be black, and that doesnt make me aracist, I just think its a retarded idea. Spider-man is white, has always been white and there's nothing wrong with respecting the source material. Why dont we cast an asian guy as Mohammad Ali in a movie? Or make Jesus gay? Or even better a lesbian to show the world that we have no prejudice?

Id love to see Luke Cage on a big screen but it would be retarded if he is played by say Van Damme, same here.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 06:32 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Marvel seemed to be considering this route before, with all those heavy 'Will Smith as Captain America' rumours. I'm glad they didn't do it, because it would have felt like tokenism, and not worked at all with the history of America at that time. (Now, Will Smith as Isiah Bradley would be fine...) This would smack of tokenism for it's own sake, and unnecessary.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 07:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SamZED
I dont want Spider-man to be black, and that doesnt make me aracist, I just think its a retarded idea. Spider-man is white, has always been white and there's nothing wrong with respecting the source material. Why dont we cast an asian guy as Mohammad Ali in a movie? Or make Jesus gay? Or even better a lesbian to show the world that we have no prejudice?

Id love to see Luke Cage on a big screen but it would be retarded if he is played by say Van Damme, same here.

exactly.well done. Happy Dance thumb up thumb up

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 09:14 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

T'challa cant be white, ofcourse, hes an african king. Storm is his african wife. They're hardly gonna cast Dolph Lungdren to play Black Panther in frickin Russia or someshit. Np. But the story of a geek getting bit..spiderman in general is not race based. He's a new yorker. well? he's still a newyorker, just a diferent colour pair of eyes, or hair, or parents. Skin colour is a minor detail when dealing with THIS PARTICULAR tale 'a highschool kid getting powers'. Being WHte or Black doesnt add ordiminish the story telling capability like ti would for an African Dolph Lungdren.

Its a minor detail in Newyorks setting.

Last edited by Juk3n on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:04 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

It's a "minor detail"? wtf.

If ya wanna make a movie about a black guy who gets bit by a spider and becomes a superhero, that's fine.. just don't call it, spiderman.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 10:40 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by marwash22
It's a "minor detail"? wtf.

If ya wanna make a movie about a black guy who gets bit by a spider and becomes a superhero, that's fine.. just don't call it, spiderman.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:00 PM
Mindset

None of your examples would be analogous to this situation at all.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:46 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

EDIT: my respones to another person....so it's not all directed to you. im sure you can pick out the parts lol.
It's a reboot, thus, a new continuity.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:48 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mindset
It's a reboot, thus, a new continuity.

yes and spider-man being black is just not canon no matter what you do.
you can agree or disagree but no matter what anyone says Spider-Man is not black.

i'll put it this way if he would have bee black from the start then that would have been kool but he was not so it not cool.

now on that subject if idk say they would start a series of comics about spider-man being black and that would be the mainstream i would stop reading spidy comics because it just wouldn't be spider-man its that simple.

and i feel the same about the movie verse as well......so say or believe as you wish but their are fans like myself that feel the same as I.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 12:08 AM
Mindset

yes and spider-man being black is just not canon no matter what you do.
you can agree or disagree but no matter what anyone says Spider-Man is not black.

i'll put it this way if he would have bee black from the start then that would have been kool but he was not so it not cool.

now on that subject if idk say they would start a series of comics about spider-man being black and that would be the mainstream i would stop reading spidy comics because it just wouldn't be spider-man its that simple.

and i feel the same about the movie verse as well......so say or believe as you wish but their are fans like myself that feel the same as I.
If they make a movie with him being black, it is canon, you're not making sense.

Yes, I am aware Spiderman isn't black.

They have a series where he is hispanic.

I don't really care what those fans think, race isn't relevant to his character.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 12:13 AM