KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » CHASE SABRE DUEL- Chion vs. Marcus

CHASE SABRE DUEL- Chion vs. Marcus
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CHASE SABRE DUEL- Chion vs. Marcus

THE SET-UP: Both good and bad guys have split up to pursue various leads in the Galaxy. In this part of the story, both sides seek the deeply unpleasant and violent half-trained force-user Persis, for he holds the Astrolabe that everyone was looking for last story. In the hands of the Dark Siders, the Astrolabe will give them the location they need for the Mausoleum. The Jedi plan to make sure this does not happen, and Persis must be brought to justice.

Persis has fled to the planet Tartarus, the centre of a huge smuggling operation and the subject of a senatorial investigation. A considerable Republican military presence is there. Persis is in the Civilian area, which both sides are having trouble entering. The Dark Siders (Chion, Galder, Jolanta and Rura) simply have to deal with the guards and security in the way. The Jedi (Marcus and Mah) have found themsleves entangled in Republican Bureaucracy and not permitted to enter the area lest they upset the investigation. The Dark Siders have taken a simple approach to their problem, and are trying to fight into the civilian area by force. The Jedi have come to stop them at the docking bay area, and in this fight Chion and Marcus have engaged each other.

HOW THIS WORKS: Well, we all know the drill now. Here is a reminder.

The duellists take it in turns to attack each other. The attacker describes his attack and then the defender describes his defence. One person will succeed- a decision I make based on the skill of the fighters, the quality and appropriateness of their post, and a small random factor. I control Chion in this fight, with a further random determination made to see how appropriate his response is.

The winner of the round scores a point, and then the attacker and defender swap places. Aside from taunts, no other moves can be made except the single move or countermove you make each round! If drawn, the attacker wins

First to five points wins the duel, but like in tennis you must win by two clear points. The amount of points by which you win a duel is how dictates what happens to the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, more is losing a limb, a five point win kills your opponent outright. Regardless, you cannot pursue a defeated opponent no matter what; if you lose a duel (and survive) you can always escape.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee.

ANALYSIS:

Like the Gundark/Chion duel of last time, this is a meeting of two highly different fighters and hard to call- though if last time is any indication, Chion has the advantage. His twirling claymore-sized sabre is a nightmare to deal with if you cannot get the timing right.

Chion has moved to the attack and so goes first.

Score:

Chion- 0 Marcus- 0

This is a time-limited duel. Only a certain amount of rounds will be fought before the fight ends.

Chion to attack.

Marcus, Chion's sabre continues with its momentum, Chion knowing that a traditional style with a blade that size would quickly see him beaten. the windmill whilring comes closer and closer, but then suddenly at the bottom of the circle his blade twists and starts to come forewards and upwards, as Chion completes his final step forwards. The blade is coming up to cut you in two!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 5th, 2003 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 12:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I block the blade, by using my both hands, on my sabre. I try to get a good counterforce against chion is blow, while I do that, I make sure that my sabre slights to the end of his blade, when I am nearly to the end, I quickly spin away, out of reach, I turn around and get ready to fight again

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 09:29 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(Still waiting for Mah, Fire, but after one more day I will move on regardless)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 12:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The direct block was a mistake. The force behind Chion's blow is immense and your sabre is knocked nearly clean out of your hands. Chion laughs deeply as you are driven back, but at least there is enough distance between the two of you for a counter attack.

Score:

Chion- 1 Marcus- 0

Marcus to attack

BtVS

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 11:17 AM
Fire

I put my sabre at max length I rush forward, keeping my sabre high, when it nearly hits chion his sabre, I spin left, while crunching down and go for his legs

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 01:02 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Chions' sabre spins menacingly. But your stroke is timed well and you get in inside his guard. Chion is quicker than he loosk but only by clumsily stumbling back does he avoid losing a leg, and now he is forced to mount a blow to regain the initiative.

Chion- 1 Marcus- 1

Chion to attack

Chion musters his strength and spins his sabre in a blindingly fast whirl, from an arc just above his head, angling down so the helicopter-blade like rotation will slice from the front-top to the back-bottom of Marcus' torso.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:04 PM
Fire

Knowing from lqst time, Trying to block Chion his blow is not a good idea, let's try something else. keepingmy concentration here and now, I see the blade coming and at that moment, I take a dive to my left trying to avoid the incoming sabre, I keep my sabre along my left side back to try and block as much as possible, when I land I quickly role that I am ready to face Chion's next attack

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 01:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Your evasive strategy works well. Chion's sabre meets nothing but empty air no matter how much he twists it, and soon you are ready to time your next attack well.

Chion- 1 Marcus- 2

Marcus to attack

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 12:56 AM
Fire

as I turn around, I try to come up with a new strategy this will be a bit risky but with the help of the force it should be doable, concentrate Marcus
I rush towards Chion, Fake a trust to his right shoulder, when he comes to block I quickly jump back, while I jump back I try to hit his sabre halt

Old Post Apr 19th, 2003 11:59 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is a good try, but Chion's sabre whirl is too fast. His hilt isn't where you were expecting it to be; he has changed the angle of his spin and you meet his blade instead. Your sabre is nearly tossed out of your hand, but you just about manage to keep hold.

Chion- 2 Marcus- 2

At this point, there is a high-pitched whine and a series of electrical explosions course around the edge of the room. Many of the lights go out, and the fight suddenly becomes hard to continue- especially as the Dark Siders seem to be withdrawing.

This fight ends now; you may return to your thread.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 08:17 PM