KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator

Best movie
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Braveheart 25 36.23%
Gladiator 27 39.13%
Troy 13 18.84%
Felt equally about all of them 4 5.80%
Total: 69 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator
Started by: Stealth Agent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Braveheart, Troy, Gladiator

Which movie do you like the most?

I like Gladiator alot, the story is epic. How a slave defys an emperor, the action is awesome. It's pretty damn cool.

Troy was good but i found it lacking. The action was awesome but, the main characther Achilles i dunno. Most of the movie he's ignorant and cares for no one but his cousin. Then when the ends nears he just becomes merciful out of no where.
Also i just expected more from the movie. In the beggining achilles said imagine a king who faught his own battles. He also said he wanted to become immortally famous. So imagined him doing amazing things throughout the movie.

I have not seen braveheart.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 08:47 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

braveheart..but then...i'm biased

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:17 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Braveheart is the best of those 3, Gladiator is very close though, troy on the other hand is not close to the 2, it lacks the dialog, Directing, and acting, and a bit more battles and, also some of hte stuff they wrote for Achillis was rather bad

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:18 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Braveheart, hands down.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:36 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Braveheart is the best movie of the three. Althought , gladiator is pretty close and troy is only a good movie.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:44 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Troy was a good movie it just wasn't very epic or anything. There were some good quotes, like imagine aking who faught his own battles, or so many soldiers die for a king they've nver met. There was a good quote cant remember bout not serving the king.
The movie was only so so in the end.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 10:29 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Braveheart" was riddled with inaccuracies and a lot was played up. "Gladiator" gets my vote.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 10:34 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well... I would have to say Gladiator, even though I may get flamed for it. Braveheart was very good as well... but there is just something that I liked about Gladiator. Too bad I lost my copy...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 12:08 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well... I would have to say Gladiator, even though I may get flamed for it. Braveheart was very good as well... but there is just something that I liked about Gladiator. Too bad I lost my copy...

well i will stand bye you with picking Gladiator for sure.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:42 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

gO GLADIATOR!

WHAT got played up in Braveheart?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:09 AM
TommyBoy2005

quote:
"Braveheart" was riddled with inaccuracies and a lot was played up. "Gladiator" gets my vote.

So your saying that gladiator is more historically accurate then braveheart. Now I'm not saying that bravheart is fact, but its closer to history the gladiator. wait a minute i think i remember reading somewhere that in ancient Rome a slave killed a Cesar then he became Cesar. nope didn't happen big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:00 PM
TommyBoy2005 is currently offline Click here to Send TommyBoy2005 a Private Message Find more posts by TommyBoy2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

My vote goes to Braveheart just because it's a movie that has drama and a bit of light-heartened fun. However, Gladiator was an excellent movie. Troy doesn't measure to either of them, even though it stars three of the hottest actors in the world, it can't live up to the Ancient Epics of Gladiator and Braveheart.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:34 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I like Braveheart, then Gladiator and Troy about the same.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 01:59 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TommyBoy2005
So your saying that gladiator is more historically accurate then braveheart. Now I'm not saying that bravheart is fact, but its closer to history the gladiator. wait a minute i think i remember reading somewhere that in ancient Rome a slave killed a Cesar then he became Cesar. nope didn't happen big grin

"Gladiator" is mostly fiction, taking a few cues from Ancient Rome just for credibility. "Braveheart", like I said, was inaccurate.
It's all right here if you want to read about it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:19 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TommyBoy2005

i know that neither of them are documentaries, you just make it sound like gladiator was more real the braveheart. which it isn't. lets just agree that they both have inaccuracies

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:18 AM
TommyBoy2005 is currently offline Click here to Send TommyBoy2005 a Private Message Find more posts by TommyBoy2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well, he may have been saying that Braveheart was supposed to be more real, because it was based on a real man's life and real events, unlike Gladiator, which was Historical Fiction. So, Gladiator did not have to be as historically accurate as Braveheart, and Braveheart apparently wasn't that accurate anyway...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:32 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Braveheart hands down.

Troy was shit IMO and Gladiator wasnt much better.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 06:41 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

what does IMO mean again?

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 02:05 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

in my opinion

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 02:23 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

accuracy doesnt really mean that much in this context imo... they arent documentaries...

i say braveheart, then gladiator...

i don't even include troy because of how bad it was...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 10:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote