KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Ultimate Spider-man sucks...

Ultimate Spider-man sucks...
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Ultimate Spider-man sucks...

Maybe im overreating and maybe its a bit too early to judge... but so far.. it sucks... at least when compared to Spectacular SM. Even if we only compare first 3 episodes.
Silly 2 dimensional characters (both main and supporting), no character development, no drama, the action is ok at best, no interesting stories, everything's treated like a joke.

So far can only think of two things this show has over SSM. Better drawn and a lot of "guest" heroes. Luke, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc. Other than that I don't see why anyone would want to replace SSM with this. And the worst part, this show is a part of Marvel Animated Universe. Not crazy about the idea of this Spider-man showing up in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

But maybe that's just me. Want to hear other opinions.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 05:36 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I miss SSM. I miss it so much. sad

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 06:50 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Maybe im overreating and maybe its a bit too early to judge... but so far.. it sucks... at least when compared to Spectacular SM. Even if we only compare first 3 episodes.
Silly 2 dimensional characters (both main and supporting), no character development, no drama, the action is ok at best, no interesting stories, everything's treated like a joke.

So far can only think of two things this show has over SSM. Better drawn and a lot of "guest" heroes. Luke, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc. Other than that I don't see why anyone would want to replace SSM with this. And the worst part, this show is a part of Marvel Animated Universe. Not crazy about the idea of this Spider-man showing up in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 08:03 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Easily the worst Marvel storyline I've ever seen in animation.

Coulsen as principal. SpiderBike that's more efficient than Spidey. A terrible show.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jun 5th, 2012 at 07:05 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 06:55 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I tried to watch Ultimate SM after I finished Spectacular SM.

I made it 3 minutes. no expression

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:02 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

You know, I actually don't completely hate this show. Mostly because it's goofy and childlike and I don't really take it seriously like Spectacular Spider-Man.

Though I'm sure people would hate this less if it weren't called Ultimate Spider-Man.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:15 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

The title never really bothered me. Got nothing to do with Ult SM comics anyway.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 07:16 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

What can you expect from terrible Man of Action.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 11:01 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Re: Ultimate Spider-man sucks...

Originally posted by SamZED

thumb up

as far as the AEMH episode featuring spidey they toned down the 'full retard' of USM ,i did enjoy that episode to bad that series is ending .And in my head at least it was SSM's peter.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 10:41 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Ultimate Spider-man sucks...

Originally posted by ankur29

And in my head at least it was SSM's peter.

thumb up In my head too. Even though Parker looks completely different, but my head will just put that down to different animation styles stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 10:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

They actually had SSM doing Spidey's voice at first, then they replaced him with Drake Bell(voice of Ultimate Spidey) before the episode even aired.

In my opinion it was because SSM's voice actor did Black Spider in that episode of Young Justice and pissed a few marvel people off.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 03:18 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well doesn't really matter. Can't be same continuity as Ultimate Spiderman, because in the AEMH episode [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Iron man forms the New Avengers for the first time. Whilst Nick Fury does the same in the first episode of Ultimate Spiderman.

Plus there's the huge age difference for Luke Cage and Iron Fist on both shows.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 03:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote