KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Championship)

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Championship)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cain 5 50.00%
JDS 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: majid86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

After a year of waiting for this awesome match up of the 2 best fighters in the UFC's HW division it will finally happen for the title next year maybe March or April.

Im picking JDS via a spectacular right uppercut TKO in RD2

So who do you have your money on?

Cain or JDS?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 03:07 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

I don't know, a wrestler against a guy with above average boxing who practices a bit of jiu jitsu.

Ah crap, who cares, MMA is losing all the fun, all I see now is a UFC full of boring matches between wrestlers who spent a couple of hours in a Mcdojo learning other MAs. I miss pride...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 11:46 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree with you, i think JDS has the best striking skills in the UFC 's HW division and not to mention the best TDD and he's a black belt in BJJ under Nogueira.

But im not losing hope for Cain if this fight goes past the 3rd round.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 01:47 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by majid86
I disagree with you, i think JDS has the best striking skills in the UFC 's HW division and not to mention the best TDD and he's a black belt in BJJ under Nogueira.

Brown belt.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 10:35 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Originally posted by majid86

But im not losing hope for Cain if this fight goes past the 3rd round.

Never said he wasn't arguably the best striker of UFC in HW, just wanted to point out how most of them are weaker then the average boxer.

And yeah, as batdude already said, brown belt

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 01:05 AM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Dec 8th, 2010 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 04:10 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Cain via too many options. Also, JDS seemed to gas out against Nelson. Cain never gases out.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 06:54 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Cain has only gone to a 3-round decision once in his entire UFC career. And even then, outside of a few punches that he got hit with, he was dominating the entire time. The idea that Cain has an "unlimited gas tank" is, quite frankly, hearsay. JDS is someone that's going to be able to test Cain's limits as a fighter for rounds on end.

The only reason JDS looked somewhat sluggish after the fight with Nelson is because he was unloading power shot after power shot on him for 3 straight rounds. No other fighter in the heavyweight division would be able to replicate what Nelson did that night and absorb that kind of continual assault. We've seen the kind of devastating KO power that JDS brings to the table.

I'm not even suggesting that JDS wins the fight, but cardio is not going to be a determining factor.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 09:31 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I disagree!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 06:02 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 04:35 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I agree!

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 05:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I agree!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 07:15 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by batdude123
Cain has only gone to a 3-round decision once in his entire UFC career. And even then, outside of a few punches that he got hit with, he was dominating the entire time. The idea that Cain has an "unlimited gas tank" is, quite frankly, hearsay. JDS is someone that's going to be able to test Cain's limits as a fighter for rounds on end.

The only reason JDS looked somewhat sluggish after the fight with Nelson is because he was unloading power shot after power shot on him for 3 straight rounds. No other fighter in the heavyweight division would be able to replicate what Nelson did that night and absorb that kind of continual assault. We've seen the kind of devastating KO power that JDS brings to the table.

I'm not even suggesting that JDS wins the fight, but cardio is not going to be a determining factor.
Yeah Nelson was ridiculous in that fight.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 07:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Hes a Country boy, thats for sure. I picked that for fight of the night. I dont think he would last the same way vs Carwin though. If Roy takes him down, he has a chance winning against Carwin.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 08:19 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'm routing for Cain Velasquez on this one..

As said above, he has too many options.

And his track record proves just how skilled and versatile he really is.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 05:32 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

JDS by KO in Round 1

I think the long lay off will deeply afect Cain' ability

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 04:28 PM
Darth Angel

Ahaha, funny to see my 7 months' opinion. The HW division is getting much more fun right now thanks to SF.

Anyway, as I have been saying for a couple months from now, JDS is more accomplished MMA fighter then Cain. He fought most of the big names, had Werdum has his FIRST UFC fight and he pretty much cleaned the UFC HW division by himself.

Also, Cain only fought 2 big names, a Big Nog who is FAR from his prime right now and Brock, a guy who shouldn't have been the HW champion to begining with, I can think of at least 5 or 6 HW's who can beat them, I also think that the improved cardio version of Carwin would murder Brock (in fact, I can say I am more impressed with Carwin's defeat to Cigano then most of his victories).

Also, while Cain looks good, I think JDS has the right tools to beat him, meaning better stand up with powerful punches, something Cain doesn't like (see the Kongo fight, he was dropped more then once and didn't even take that much damage). And Cain comes from a injury, which really doesn't help with your performances.

So with all this, JDS will be the favourite. Also, I want to point out how the UFC HW division has been in the dark ages like forever. 2 guys with barely over 20 fights when you combine both their records TOGETHER are the 2 best fighters of the division. That says something.

Last edited by Darth Angel on Jun 20th, 2011 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:38 PM
Quiero Mota

(please log in to view the image)

YES WE CAIN

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 08:51 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO HE WONT!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 04:21 PM
Quiero Mota

Callete, guey! Si se puede!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 11:07 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote