KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Forces of Nature

Forces of Nature
Started by: iKinneas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Forces of Nature

"There exists a world that you have probably never heard of. A world called Valeria, where at first glance, everything is normal, or at least by your standards. But the citizens of our world know better. You see, some of us have this little... gift. Some call it a curse, but they're just ignorant. History tells of a group, called Animus Users, who are born with both their human soul and an animal's spirit living deep within, granting them great powers. Some so great that they can cause terrible destruction. Others, as passive as increasing their natural speed and strength. The government got wind of these people, and decided to create a special forces unit known as the AniMagi, drafting our kind to their own cause. If an Animus User declined the "invitation" to join, they became know as "The Hunted," and were adequately hunted out and killed by their own kind. I am one such member of The Hunted. Not so much because I declined the invitation, but because I left home long before they ever got the chance to draft me. My name is Cassandara Vermillion. And I remember everything."
Cassie looked over the notebook before her, the words she had written. It had taken hours, though she had written so little. "Well, so much for my little exposé to unmask a corrupt government." She sighed, closing her pen and throwing both back into the backpack she'd been carrying with her. Looking up at the setting sun, she realized she was only a few hours away from Kyrian Village, and as such would soon again be seeing her sister. "It's been so long... I should have come back by now..." She stood, pulling the bag over her right shoulder and stretching, making her way toward the edge of the clearing and into the Lydan Forest, feeling eased by the protection that the shadows awarded her. Quickly, stealthily, she made her way through the forest, dodging trees and traps alike, almost as though she was possessed by some unearthly creature. After coming to a rather large tree, she climbed a few branches high, sitting on one for a short break. "I didn't realize Kyrian still allowed hunting out here, let alone with traps." She shook her head, a soft breeze whisking through her hair. "Animals evolved past falling for traps years ago. I thought they knew... tha..t." The thought crossed her mind that perhaps these traps were not meant so much for hunting the animals of Lydan... But for hunting another form of animal. Or Animus... She had been gone for several years, but surely the village had not found her secret out... And if so, they surely would not turn on her, would they? "Something isn't right about this. It's been too easy, and those traps are spaced too far, as if trying to make me think it was the Village. Something tells me that this is a trap... Though it was my sister's writing... Her script, that I read. I'd know it anywhere." She jumped to the ground, her eyes glowing a bright yellow as she began slowly walking toward the village. "This had better be good, if the AniMagi are behind it... Because I'm very likely to kill them all if they've gotten my sister involved..."

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 05:50 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yorx walked through the forest on a rocky path. He had hear there were traps around but he hadnt seen one. He hear ruffling in the trees a bit as he continued on his way to Valeria passing by 1 person every 3 hours. He did come upon a group of rogue thieves who he had to abruptly battle and, fight the leader. He broke no sweat and continued his journey as if nothing had happened. After another few hours he arrived at Valeria coming upon another person. He looked over at Cassie. "Your not another thief are you?"

I've been sleep for 2 years?!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 08:34 PM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

'It's too warm here' Jonathan Bold complained to himself for the hundredth time as he trudged along the road leading to the small village of Kyrian. His long travels had taken him far from his icy hometown, Kavast, but his mind and body were longing for the chilly wind at his back. He missed the ice sledding and seal hunting - activities he had grown up doing. But tradition was tradition, and he would have to be recognised as a man by his people soon. Had he left it a few more years he would have been outcast from his home permanently. And so here Jonny was, far from his beautiful tundra and stuck out here. He sighed, and continued walking. At least here, in this village, he hoped to find some excitement.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 12:02 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Tenryu was walking through the the forest he was on his way to Kyrian Village to find people to help. He was an Animus user but he knew he couldn't tell people or someone would be after him. He wanted to do his good deed of the day the thing he seemed to enjoy it a little. Tenryu looked around noticing many different traps that he avoided easily. He then felt like someone was around him he looked up and noticed a girl in a tree but he couldn't really see her face. He felt there was something about her but he ignored her and continued on to the village.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 02:51 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by moderator23
Yorx walked through the forest on a rocky path. He had hear there were traps around but he hadnt seen one. He hear ruffling in the trees a bit as he continued on his way to Valeria passing by 1 person every 3 hours. He did come upon a group of rogue thieves who he had to abruptly battle and, fight the leader. He broke no sweat and continued his journey as if nothing had happened. After another few hours he arrived at Valeria coming upon another person. He looked over at Cassie. "Your not another thief are you?"

Cassie turned, startled, and reached one hand toward a holster on her thigh. "And if I am? I do think it quite distasteful for someone to sneak up on a lady without even offering his own name before questioning her." She quickly drew the gun, sticking it in his face, her left hand settled on the sword at her back, a defensive stance taken. "Actually, now that I think of it, you could very well be a thief yourself, sneaking around here like that. Perhaps I should give you the same treatment the local militants would pursue, should they agree?" She smirked a bit, though she worried that if the fight escalated, she might lose control and partake of her Animus' abilities, giving her away as a User.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 11:38 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Tenryu seen as the girl from atop the tree confront someone. Guns where drawn Tenryu didn't want tp get involved but he had a feeling if he didn't do something i might not end well. He rushed through the forest and got close to them without alerting them he wanted to know the details of the matter before he ingaged in the fight. He ducked down behind some bushes hoping they wouldn't notice him.

Last edited by Regelion1 on Sep 24th, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 12:10 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

She stood a moment, unmoving, her eyes locked on her target. "You're not worth the effort it would take to kill you. Forget it. I'm out of here. And if I catch you following me again, I will not hesitate to finish what we've just started." She holstered the pistol, then dashed off into the woods, deciding to take the less direct route to Kyrian. I'm gonna lose some time going this way, but I'm pretty sure I can lose that guy, and anyone else who may be following, if I can get far enough ahead. Her eyes glowed yellow again, and she slipped into a cave off to the side, knowing both that it came out about a five minute walk from the village, and that the shadows here would provide her all of the cover she would need. "Black Dog, Beast of Shadows, I call to you, provide me the protection of the shadows, and grant me their use for the remainder of my journey." Shadows swirled around her as she knelt to a single knee, hiding within them as best she could until she had become completely enveloped in the shrouds of darkness.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 10:13 PM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yorx was actually looking forward to teaching that girl a lesson for calling him a thief. He would cut her in two before she had a chance to shoot. His father always told him people who hold guns up to other peoples faces are really not experienced with the gun at all. He walked into the town looking at random people in the streets running past him, and merchants trying to make ends meat. He wanted to get some answers but had no idea where to get them.

I've been sleep for 2 years?!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:18 PM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

It seemed like the problem was resolved between the two people. After they walked away Tenryu came out of hiding and continued walking to the town. He enjoyed the fresh air that was his 2nd favorite thing about being outside besides being able to look up at the beautiful sky. He was almost to the village he couldn't wait to see what it was like he had heard it was a very nice village so he had to see. He had finally made it the village after a while and the first thing he needed to do was eat something so he stepped into a restaurant and sat down. It looked like a nice place he ordered a bowl of pineapple mint rice and began eating.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 08:49 PM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Cassie breathed a sigh of relief as she neared the edge of the cave, daylight showing from the opening about sixteen yards ahead. She stopped to stretch and relax for a second, the cool waterfall just outside offering a temperature drop that was most welcome on this hot day. After a moment, she began to exit the cave, finally ready to reunite with her sister for the first time in years. Although she hadn't accounted for what might be waiting for her on the outside. A split second separated the sound of a gun being fired in her direction, and her reaction to dodge slightly to the left, barely avoiding being hit. The bullet grazed her cheek as she dodged, drawing her own guns from her holsters as she surveyed the area. "So, they sent in the big guns, huh? What's wrong, you guys didn't think one would be enough to catch a single little girl?" She smirked, counting off in her head the vast number that had been sent on this little expedition to capture her. Seventeen? Jesus, the AniMagi really are pissed they let me slip... Oh well. Guess I'll have to deal with them quickly. She focused her attention on the one who had fired first. "So, I'm assuming you're the leader? Don't you know it's rude to ambush a lady when she's fully unaware of your presence?" She aimed with both guns, her eyes surveying the bulk of the crowd as she thought about her best course of action.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 09:01 PM
MadMel
Heh

Jonny heard the sound of gun fire far off. He hesitated, then ran towards the sound. Hidden from sight, and not making a sound, he approached the scene cautiously. There were seventeen people with guns, all pointing at one girl, who was also sporting firearms. Jonny sighed. All he had was a sword and some ice magic, and he couldn't use his magus element without being recognised as an enemy of the state, so to speak. He weighed his options, then, acting like he was lost, he ran stumbling into the spotlight.
"Oh thank the gods!" he gasped, his eyes unfocused, one arm clutched behind his back to give himself support. His sword was nowhere to be seen. "I've been out here for days!" he rambled, shuffling closer to the group. "It's those damn monsters, I tell ya. I was abducted! You gotta help me!"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 04:49 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Tenryu quickly finish his food paid the lady and walked out. He took a deep breath and he could smell the faint smell of gun powder in the air. He quickly ran towards it hoping no one was in trouble but he felt like something was about to go down. The smell of Gun powder quickly lead him out of the village towards a cave. He stopped behind bushes and looked to see what was going on all he could see was a guy and a girl surrounded by 17 guys with guns. He knew he had to help them out no matter the cost helping people was the only thing he knew about really doing as a person. He walked up behind one of the guys in the back taking him out without being seen or heard by anyone else. He was ready to help the two people out more so Tenryu climbed a tree to get higher up so that he could later drop down in the middle to help take out other people.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 09:35 PM