KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Movie Maker won't make

Movie Maker won't make
Started by: Pinkie Pie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pinkie Pie
Cupcake Devourer

Arrow Movie Maker won't make

I have been meaning to make some Pony promotion videos to spread the good word, but there is something wrong with my Movie Maker. Whenever I edit a video with it and then decide to save it as a movie file, it won't start. As I finish the settings for the video, it will stay at zero percentage indefinitely. I have been trying working with other files just to see if there's something corrupt, but nothing.

A friend of a friend told my friend that I should try reinstall Movie Maker. I did this and no change came of it. I am using Movie Maker 2.6 and Windows 7. Is there something rotten at the core in my computer? confused

I do not have the kind of money to buy myself a proper editing tool either, so you can save that advice stick out tongue Not that I would until I know why Movie Maker won't work.

Please help smile

MSN: [email protected]

Last edited by Pinkie Pie on Mar 29th, 2011 at 09:49 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 09:45 AM
Pinkie Pie is currently offline Click here to Send Pinkie Pie a Private Message Find more posts by Pinkie Pie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why do you use 2.6? That's quite an old version IIRC. You can get better versions for free.

It could be something as small as bad codecs, or it could be an issue with your video card. Are all your drivers up to date?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 02:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pinkie Pie
Cupcake Devourer

2.6 was the one I found at the Microsoft site. My PC had all drivers installed when I bought it. I haven't updated it since and had it for about a year. I don't know how or even that it is necessary stick out tongue

How do I check what codecs I need and which I have?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 11:59 AM
Pinkie Pie is currently offline Click here to Send Pinkie Pie a Private Message Find more posts by Pinkie Pie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pinkie Pie
Cupcake Devourer

I thought about you mentioning 2.6 was an old version, so I did some searching. I found Live Movie Maker but did not fancy it one bit. I then found 5.6 which has all the features I want from 2.6 and making movie files works. Everything is in order now. Case closed. Thanks and sorry to be a bother smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 01:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm just glad you got it fixed.

and yes, the Live version is useless. A lot of the newer MS stuff is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 03:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote