KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dami wilson

Cool Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

ALRIGHT GUYS N GALS, here's your chance to vote for the best superhero film adaptation! Is spiderman the best super hero film you've seen or based on it's sales alone can you argue that spiderman film is the number one comic book film.
1: biggest sales......makes superman look like kids play
2: most believable storyline and special effects
3: most appealing to adults since comics are supposed to be for kids
4: best adaptation of superhero comic book adaptation
5: most likely to burst future movie sales (even though DC will now
make their films more serious)
6: spiderman gave the Xmen it's appeal to audiences because it became
the biggest film ever (I think) but it still knocked star wars off the no.1
7: The upcoming Superman and Batman films next year will not come
near the sales made by both Spidey films.
8: Can anyother super hero film beat Spidey's appeal! DD and Hulk
couldn't. smokin' rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing eek! mad cool
9: WOULD HERO VS HERO films be made?

Thank you for your time and input!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:43 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Both Superman films? There was more than 2 Superman movies.

And to answer your question NO,No they are not better.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 02:10 PM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

aw shucks. Ok, superman two was the best cus it pitted superman againts three of his kind and he had the love dilemma with wanting to be able to get married. SUperman two was tops but in terms of sales, it doesnt' compare with Spiderman.
Three was yuck! Then it dried off and I'm hoping they surprise us all in the next Superman film. It should be better with more visual effects and stunts!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:07 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

thats a question thats suppose to be funny right? laughing superman rules as the best comicbook movie ever made still to this day.Batman and man-spider are horrible comicbook adaptations.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 07:18 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

I can't say that the Spider-man movies were better then the Superman and Batman movies.Superman 1 and 2 and Batman 1 and 3 were pretty good.The rest of the Superman/Batman movies sucked.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 07:29 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Im glad you at least agree with me that batman 3 was much better than batman 2. big grin the batman and superman movies just dont have the magic that superman had.I hope someday they remake the spiderman movies and do it correctly next time like they did with the punisher and get john williams to do the musical score for spiderman like he did superman.I guarantee it would be a magical movie if john williams did the musical score.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 19th, 2005 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 07:34 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes by far!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 07:47 PM
wuk es't is currently offline Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Superman 1 is a great movie. Superman 2 is a good movie. Superman 3 and 4 and the rest of the batdwarf and man spider movies sucked. Plain and simple.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:37 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Spidey but its not better than Superman Movies. <The Batman Franchise kind of sucked they had a few good paerts but I like the Spidey Movies more, The next Batman movie is gonna whoop his ass though (I hope)

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:47 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the first Batman movie is one of the best, if not THE best comic book movie ever.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:08 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

First off I don't care for superman. Second the first batman movie was good. Second was good only because of catwomen, but the penguin did suck in it. Third was ok. Riddler was done well. The fourth I will pretend did not happen

Now the new spiderman movies. They great.

So I think the spiderman movies are doing pretty well. The first batman movie was good to.

Now the x-men movies are not doing to bad either.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:14 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Now the new spiderman movies. They great.

you ARE trying to be funny right?
laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:50 PM
Paola
Ronin

stop it Mr Parker...

by Scythe

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 04:14 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

hmm, well well well, let the games begin. Mr Parker , why do you call yourself Mr. Parker whne you know Peter Parker wont find your comments funny? You cant say that cos it's broken records in terms of film success of all time movies? How can you beat that. It did it twice. Broke Star Wars off the 1st list place and drew more adults and non comic book readers to Super Hero films. Duh that says alot!

Man spider? I guess that's the directors fault for trying to make things different! Atleast Spiderman didn't look too childish like Batman films where the Penguin and Joker characters just looked =too goofy or Disney like!

Alpha how can Batman beat Superman films? WAS THERE A BATMAN 4 N 5?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 08:48 AM
Mr Parker

LoL.I love that old laughable logic that just because it made so much money at the box office its a great movie.By the way,hate to burst your bubble here but whoever told you man-spider made more money than star wars did box office wise has misinformed you or lied to you because if you do your research you will see that star wars still holds the record as the number one box office hit of all time.man-spider is only like 6th or 7th. According to that absurd logic that its a great movie because it made so much money,then according to you,Empire Strikes Back-which most star wars fans consider to be the best star wars film of them all is the worst of the bunch and the Phamtom Menace is the best star wars film after A New Hope since it made so much more money at the box office than Empire did.very weak argument.man-spider only made so much money because spider-man is such a popular character that it did not matter how god awful the movies were.same with the batman movies.

Hate to tell you this but there have been many many great documentary films made before over the years that bombed at the box office and horrible films like the phantom menace for instance,that were smash hits at the box office.Your crippling your arguments here dude. Uh yes,the green goblin costume=laughable and goofy looking. as far as being stuck with the character of man-spider on screen instead of spider-man,its actually Sony to blame more than anything else.After they heard James Camerons idea -who was originally suppose to direct spider-man for him to have organics in the movie,because Cameron is a well respected director in hollywood,sony insisted on his lame ass idea of spidey having organics and Raim being the yes man he is pretty much went along with what sony wanted unfortunately.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 20th, 2005 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 04:08 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

People like the movies Parker, you don't. Deal with it.

Stop acting like a kid with a broken bicycle wheel.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:03 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Re: Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
ALRIGHT GUYS N GALS, here's your chance to vote for the best superhero film adaptation! Is spiderman the best super hero film you've seen or based on it's sales alone can you argue that spiderman film is the number one comic book film.
1: biggest sales......makes superman look like kids play
2: most believable storyline and special effects
3: most appealing to adults since comics are supposed to be for kids
4: best adaptation of superhero comic book adaptation
5: most likely to burst future movie sales (even though DC will now
make their films more serious)
6: spiderman gave the Xmen it's appeal to audiences because it became
the biggest film ever (I think) but it still knocked star wars off the no.1
7: The upcoming Superman and Batman films next year will not come
near the sales made by both Spidey films.
8: Can anyother super hero film beat Spidey's appeal! DD and Hulk
couldn't. smokin' rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing eek! mad cool
9: WOULD HERO VS HERO films be made?

Thank you for your time and input!

1. sales dont say how great a movie is... you've seen titanic right?

2. storyline? no, effects, thats to be expected due to the fact its a good 14 years more advanced technology wise.

3. u watched batman 89 right? yeah... really for kids...

4. superman is better imo...

5. its a proven fact that more people visit cinemas then ever before... for thosde of us who remember and watched the original supes and bats we cant wait for the new ones.

6. xmen is as big a comic as spidey is to most... look at comic sales... while its true that spidey made comic movies popular again, xmen probably wold have made a decent return anyhow...

7. sure they won't... thats what my crystal ball says, what about yours?

8. superman and batman, more well known than spiderman to most...

9. what does that have to do with the movies? spidey has only fought villains in these movies... i seem to remember hulk fighting thor in the old hulk movies...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Can anyother super hero film beat Spidey's appeal! DD and Hulk
couldn't."

"Hulk" appealed to me more than "Spider-Man".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:12 PM
bakerboy

First of all, NOT EVERYBODY LIKES THE MAN SPIDER MOVIES. Stop with that nonsense because is false, many, many people hate those movies.

Second of all, the box office of a movie DOESNT MEAN QUALITY. remember phantom menace? remember atack of the clones? remember scooby doo? remember american pie? To say that is stupid and funny in the same way.

And the last for the moment, The first two superman have more positive things than the batman and the man spider movies together. The four batman movies and the two man spider movies are just bad movies.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:36 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Not necessarily. OK, I will totally agree with you that the Batman movies so far have NOT been completely loyal to the character, but Burtons movies are good films in their own right. They aren't truly Batman in the comic sense, but I think they are a brilliant adaptation of the tale, like I have said before, a very expensive and well-written fan fic. That's all. Still watch the movies. I still watch Batman Forever, with mixed thoughts. It can be good in places, it can be crap in places. Batman & Robin I have banished from mind altogether.

Superman was great. It just did the safe thing and just made an epic comic book movie and didn't p*ss off anybody by making any changes.

Spider-Man I still love. Like Burtons Batman movies, I understand the changes, and despite my love of the webshooters, I have always been glad that Spidey had organics. It divided opinion on the movies like no other (right bakerboy/mr parker?). Like I said, it didn't bother me, as it was an adaptation. It, like the Superman movies, got the essence and values of the character spot-on though, which redeemed and justified the changes, and that matters to me more than re-creating the damn comic as it was printed.

Oh well, all ya can do is have an opinion. Watch the films then make up your own mind, never listen to me or anyone else for that matter.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 08:00 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote