KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The Best Quotes Of Superman

The Best Quotes Of Superman
Started by: TheOneFirestorm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOneFirestorm

The Best Quotes Of Superman

This could be from a Superman comic book, tv show movie, etc or from Superman in Justice League, Firestorm, or some other character from Superman.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 02:29 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

Though it came in JMS's mediocre stint on the Superman title, this is probably my favorite Superman quote of mine that embodies what I think of his character.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 06:40 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

If that JMS quote was your favorite, you've forgotten the following, which states everything your JMS quote did, WITHOUT the bombast, and gives far more insight into the man's character ...

Attachment: final crisis reflection. joe kelly. the dreams save superman quote. action775.jpg
This has been downloaded 339 time(s).

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 08:17 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Kind of amuses that the picture with it is a picture of Superman at his angriest, "Superman Smash" mindset.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 08:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Kind of amuses that the picture with [Joe Kelly's "Dreams" quote] is a picture of Superman at his angriest, "Superman Smash" mindset.

The reality is though, that there are times when, to forge and protect a future for yourself and others, you HAVE to fight, or risk losing it all anyway.
Pacificism works on some threats.
Force and determination are required for most others.
"Evil wins when good people do nothing" and all that.

Superman at his best reflects that reality, along with the grounding, will, and motivation needed to succeed.

Actually, the visual selection I chose in fuller context reflects that as well.
That's from Final Crisis #6, where nearly everyone on Earth, even most of the superheroes, have almost given up hope ...

Attachment: 10 nobody can stop this. look what theyve done to the sky.jpg
This has been downloaded 302 time(s).

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 09:22 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

... and the author takes the long way about it, far longer than suggested here, but, if you read the series, you'll discover ...

Attachment: 20 look. up in the sky ....jpg
This has been downloaded 305 time(s).

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 09:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol, yes, I have read it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 09:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

... that Superman is ultimately the one that, by refusing to give up regardless of the odds, seeking every avenue to give life a chance, FIGHTING without ceasing, restores hope to those people
(and eventual victory -- see Final Crisis #7).

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 09:28 AM
bluewaterrider

lol, yes, I have read [Final Crisis #6].

Ah, I see.

Well, the problem is that, for whatever reason, the volume of information for my scans from that series are twice as "packed" as those from other comics. What would normally be, say 240 KB, is coming out as 500 Kilobytes when I try to upload.
Why I don't know, but it meant I had to cut out information AND that my scan appears quite a bit smaller than my scans normally do.

If I get a chance, I'll find a way to render the scene with that Joe Kelly quote and Final Crisis 6 properly ...

In the meantime, here's a slightly better, in-sequence way of looking at what I was trying to show earlier, here in link format:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=14177185

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=14177186

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=14177134

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 09:41 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

"In the end, the world didn't need a superman...just a brave one."

From Superman, the animated series, "Apokolips ... Now!" episode.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 12:48 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

If I had to define Superman, here's some of the scenes I'd pick..

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 04:12 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

There is a quote about Superman, also from the animated series. I can't find it, but I think Wonder Woman says it to Batman, something to this effect:

Batman: 'With all his power, he could dominate anyone, take over the world. But he doesn't.'

Wonder Woman: 'And that's why he's Superman.'

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

One of my favourite quotes is from Infinite Crisis. Superman and Superman (from Earth 2) are beating the piss out of one another, and Kal-L tells Superman that his world was perfect, and how our Superman's world was corrupt. Our Superman tells him that his world couldn't have been perfect, because a perfect world doesn't need a Superman.

That one line wakes up Kal-L and shows him just how wrong he'd been all along. Powerful stuff.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 11:11 PM
bluewaterrider

One of my favourite quotes is from Infinite Crisis. Superman and Superman (from Earth 2) are beating the piss out of one another, and Kal-L tells Superman that his world was perfect, and how our Superman's world was corrupt. Our Superman tells him that his world couldn't have been perfect, because a perfect world doesn't need a Superman.

That one line wakes up Kal-L and shows him just how wrong he'd been all along. Powerful stuff.

I still don't quite understand one thing about that storyline:
How and WHY, exactly, did Earth-2 Lois Lane die?
Did she have cancer or something?
Was she sick all along? If so, why was she okay at the end of the original Crisis on Infinite Earths but not this one?

Perhaps most importantly, I KNOW I missed it if this was fully covered, Why did Kal-L blame "our" Clark for her death, even as Alex Luthor referred to Lois as a "PRICE for the future", as if he himself did something that brought about her demise?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 01:54 AM
bluewaterrider

Nobody knows the answer to that either, eh?

Well at any rate, to protect it for archiving (which filters out attachments), I'll post the current winner for best quote by Superman in this thread:

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us.
Until MY dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice
becomes the REALITY we all share ... I'll never stop fighting."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Action Comics #775, Volume 1
Writer: Joe Kelly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 05:51 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I still don't quite understand one thing about that storyline:
How and WHY, exactly, did Earth-2 Lois Lane die?
Did she have cancer or something?
Was she sick all along? If so, why was she okay at the end of the original Crisis on Infinite Earths but not this one?

For what I understand, it was just related to a natural death, because of her age, however it seemed that SMP punches affected her to.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Perhaps most importantly, I KNOW I missed it if this was fully covered, Why did Kal-L blame "our" Clark for her death, even as Alex Luthor referred to Lois as a "PRICE for the future", as if he himself did something that brought about her demise?

Yes Alex could be the one to blame, but Kal-L blamed Kal El, because according to him, the nature of Kal El's universe was a flawed universe a corrupted version of the earth 2 Universe where heroes fall and where Superman was not enough inspiration to rally the heroic values of the other heroes, this lead to the "corruption" of Kal El's universe.

Remember Earth 2 universe was based on the 50's and New earth Universe was based on modern times. It seems to me like the writer used it as a reflection of the America society, in which the 50's were more happy times vs the modern america society.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 03:33 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

^ Yep.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 11:43 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Remember Earth 2 universe was based on the 50's and New earth Universe was based on modern times. It seems to me like the writer used it as a reflection of the America society, in which the 50's were more happy times vs the modern america society.

Which makes it all the more fitting that Superman showed him the past wasn't as good as he remembers it.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 04:36 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Salsa,

Welcome back and thank you for your reply.

Pr, the same.

Luek, I largely agree; anyone who has that view of the 50s either is part of a VERY priveleged class, likely did not live through that actual period, or is focusing on the very limited set of things that were actually better.
For there were some; just not all that many, and of course if you're focusing on relationships with loved ones, THAT can transcend eras like nothing else.

Pr, regarding your comment, Infinite Crisis was too poisonous for me to fully appreciate and did not fulfill enough of its promise.

I'll give it a kudos for the shot of Superboy Prime at the end of its 5th installment, though. There was a sense of awesome menace pervading that scene for the first-time viewer who'd followed to that point ...

Random extra now. Think I already gave the best quote that's going to appear in this thread, but here is some Superman dialogue that I found enjoyable at the time, and still find that way to some extent today ...

(C'mon Photobucket, work for me at least once now ...)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1360190422

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1360189957

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 11:21 PM
super pr*xy

"it is a remarkable dichotomy.. in many ways, clark is the most human of us all.. then he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god.. and how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.."

--batman

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 05:58 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote