KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Outworld Emperor, Shao Kahn

The Outworld Emperor, Shao Kahn
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

(please log in to view the image)

As I've said before, each boss from a fighting game is memorable in their own right.

What makes Shao Kahn memorable is the fact he talks shit at you before, during and after the match, and he has the power to back it up, nailing an opponent in under 6-10 hits to KO them.

So this thread is dedicated to Mortal Kombat's most memorable villain...other than Shang Tsung.

And apparently, M. Bison inspired in him in some ways, since he now fights with his cape on. In past games, he was without it.

Nationality: Outworlder
Height: Unknown, but he is tall
Weight: Unknown
Hair: None, has spikes on his head
Eyes: Red
Occupation former Advisor to Onaga, Emperor
Alignment: Evil
Family: None, however he did forcefully wed Queen Sindel and adopted Kitana as his daughter.
Fighting Styles: Tai Tzu, Lui He
Primary Weapon: The Wrath Hammer
Allies: Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung (to a degree), Reptile, Scorpion (for a moment)
Enemies: Kitana, Raiden, Liu Kang, Onaga
Ridicule/Taunt:
(Laughs)
"You will die, mortal!"
"You are nothing!"
"I will destroy you!"
"Prepare to die!"
"I rule this world!"
"Feel the power of Shao Kahn!"
"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn!"
"You weak, pathetic fool!"
"I am Shao Kahn...Bow to me!"
"Is that your best?"
"All too easy!"
"I Win!"
"Don't make me laugh!"
"You're still trying to win?"
"You will never win!"
"That was pathetic!"
"It's official...YOU SUCK!"
Portrayed By: Bryan Glynn (Mortal Kombat II, 3, Ultimate and Trilogy) Steve Richie (in-game voice), Jeff Meek (Conquest), Brian Thompson (second film)
Bio

Mortal Kombat II

The supreme ruler of the Outworld, Shao Kahn governs the Astral Planes of Shokan and all surrounding kingdoms. Five hundred years ago he banished the shape-shifter Shang Tsung into the Mother Realms to pay for his crimes. Shang Tsung was to unbalance the furies and create a weakness in Earth's dimensional gates. This weakness in the gates would allow Kahn and his minions to forever walk the Earth and plague its inhabitants to a dark and chaotic existence. Only then would Shang Tsung be cleared of
his offense and the curse be lifted.

Mortal Kombat 3, Ultimate and Trilogy Bio Ending

Many decades ago, Shao Kahn rose to power in the Outworld, usurping the realm from Kitana's parents and taking Queen Sindel for his bride. Then she died. Now, centuries later, Sindel is reborn. And since Shang Tsung failed to win the Earth Realm through Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, her rebirth is the means by which Kahn will finally seize the planet forever unless...

Ending: Shao Kahn wins.

Deception Bio and Ending

My defeat at the hands of the Earthrealm warriors had left me weakened, and my dominance in Outworld was waning. Kitana’s forces were closing in. It was only a matter of time before they would overrun my stronghold. Using a powerful magic item retrieved long ago by my minions, I created a clone of myself to draw my enemies’ attention while I escaped into the wild. When I have regained my strength, I will destroy all who have opposed my rule. Though I had gone through great lengths to ensure my old nemesis Onaga could never be revived, I have discovered that he has indeed returned from beyond death, as his holy men has prophesied. He now commands the Tarkatan horde, a vicious fighting force once loyal to me. When I have killed Onaga and regained control of Outworld,
they will pay for their treason with their lives!

Ending: Shao Kahn had regained his strength, and he and Goro marched boldly to the Dragon King's throne room, slaying all who stood in their way. Like an echo of their battle ages ago, Shao Kahn and Onaga fought with a fury fueled by intense hatred. Knowing the Dragon was too powerful to defeat in mere kombat, Shao Kahn
blasted Onaga with his war hammer, causing him to hurtle into Goro's poisoned blades. Onaga had fallen victim to Shao Kahn's treachery once more. With Onaga defeated, Shao Kahn reclaimed Outworld once again. His army of shokan decimated what remained of Kitana's armies and the Tarkatan horde and scattered their survivors into the unknown. A new era had begun in the realm of Outworld. Long live the emperor Shao Kahn!

Armegeddon Ending

Blaze was no match for Shao Kahn the Konqueror. His strength increased tenfold, the forces of Light could not fend off his final invasion as he merged each realm with Outworld. But his ultimate triumph was soon to be his downfall. With nothing left to conquer, Shao Kahn was driven to madness.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 07:16 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

shao kahn FTW
thanks for all the MK threads big grin

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 09:41 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
shao kahn FTW

Yeah, but I prefer Onaga more-so, though Shao Kahn was still awesome in the live action MKC series and the 2nd MK movie.

Fight between him and Raiden:

Talk about clash of the titans. big grin

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 01:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Once you see that sprite, the first thing you say is "I lost already."

smile

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 12:08 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by JacopeX

smile

Nah, it was Kahn taunting you before the match that makes you say that.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 12:24 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

SNES MK sprites were wierd. They look like real human beings.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 12:46 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by shin_gear

Maybe so, but they look a hell of a lot better than the Sega Genesis sprites.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 01:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by JacopeX

smile

Every time I see a MK sprite like that nowadays, makes me wonder what it would've been like having a 2-D version like that of Onaga or Blaze >.>...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Nah, it was Kahn taunting you before the match that makes you say that.
I am so good at MKII, yet I get my ass kicked by Shao Kahn in seconds with his red stars and his random knee hits. erm

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:43 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Shao Kahn Ridicule Dump

Mortal Kombat II

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 02:23 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still waiting for Shao Khan's ending to be uploaded so I can see Superman-Prime! *shakes fist*
This had better be true.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:15 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just thought I'd post this as I'm referencing it enough lately:

"Upon breaching the portal into Earth, Shao Kahn slowly transforms the planet into a part of the Outworld itself.

Kahn strips the Earth of all human life: Claiming every soul as his own."
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/mk3/

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 10:04 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Wandering Flame

Thats because they were real human beings.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 10:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Shao Kahn was the best boss of MK. Too bad the series will never be the same.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 04:24 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

IMO, it's Onaga whose the best boss of MK, though Khan's all right too I guess, but it's too bad MKvsDC didn't really do him justice.
Aside from the gayness that was Dark Khan, Shao Khan himself seemed pretty watered down, with having no fatality, or even his classic taunts as a special move..

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 04:26 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
IMO, it's Onaga whose the best boss of MK, though Khan's all right too I guess, but it's too bad MKvsDC didn't really do him justice.
Aside from the gayness that was Dark Khan, Shao Khan himself seemed pretty watered down, with having no fatality, or even his classic taunts as a special move..

Onaga has boring moves.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 08:39 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nah. His shockwave/dirty face move is pretty cool, and he has the best, most cinematic throw in the entire series.
In Deception anyway.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 09:05 PM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Onaga may be the main big bad but Shinnok is the most evil and powerful MK villain.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 12:57 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Based on what? erm Shinnok was able to get banished to the Netherrealm by Raiden alone, whereas the Thunder God and Deadly Alliance combined could not beat Onaga.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 08:07 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was banished to the Nettherealm by Raiden and the Elder Gods. This is said in the MK Mythologies manual which goes into far more detail about Shinnok's fall than the MK4 opening.

Shinnok was once a full powered Elder God. That's above Onaga even with Kamidogu. The unfused Kamidogu anyway.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 12:19 PM