KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Iron Man vs Superman Film Opening

Bigger Opening Weeken
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Man of Steel 9 52.94%
Iron Man 3 8 47.06%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iron Man vs Superman Film Opening
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man vs Superman Film Opening

Which do you think will have a bigger opening weekend?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:07 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Man of Steel. I'd be utterly shocked if Iron Man outdid Superman.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Man of Steel. I'd be utterly shocked if Iron Man outdid Superman.

I'm with you on that. I hope they start doing more press for the movie. I saw OZ in theater but it was not in the previews, but next door in Jack the Giant slayer it was...I didn't get that.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:16 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Supra
I'm with you on that. I hope they start doing more press for the movie. I saw OZ in theater but it was not in the previews, but next door in Jack the Giant slayer it was...I didn't get that.
Oz is Disney they wouldn't preview a dc warner Bros. flick. I think Jack the Giant slayer is a warner bros. film hence the treason they showed Superman.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Oz is Disney they wouldn't preview a dc warner Bros. flick. I think Jack the Giant slayer is a warner bros. film hence the treason they showed Superman.

Ok that makes sense, thx!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Supra
Ok that makes sense, thx!
In terms of entertainment/movies/comics/etc. It's Disney and Warner Bros. as the heavyweights.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:27 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Iron Man will open higher due to good will from the Avengers and being the first big film of the summer.

MOS will open lower due to the stigma from the garbage film SR. MOS will depend more on WOM to carry its gross.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 11:53 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Iron Man 3 will probably be promoted better and i'm not sure people are really over the last crappy Superman flick. I know, i'm not.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 12:53 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Like I said IM3 will open higher , but the better film is still to be determined.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 02:24 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Iron Man will open better imo, but in the long term, if Man of Steel is as good as it looks, it should overtake it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 03:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

superman ffs man SUPERMAN wtf/thread

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 03:48 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by -Pr-
Iron Man will open better imo, but in the long term, if Man of Steel is as good as it looks, it should overtake it.

I agree. IM3 looks like the same shit from the others, and MOS does have better talent involved with the film.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 05:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just because it has better talent involved with it doesn't mean its going to be better.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 07:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It has a good chance.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 03:23 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I think people are more interested in Ironman personally.

And I admit I can't wait for Ironman 3 whereas I'm cautious about Superman.

But talking on an unbiased level.
We've all seen what Superman can do by now. All of us. And a dramatic origin film showing us it all all over again isn't going to get people excited.
On the other hand Ironman 2 left people with bad tastes in their mouths, yet Avengers made people lose their shit.
And this film is based on Extremis mixed with uniting Stark with his arch-enemy. People will rush in to see it then witness how cool the plot was then tell their friends. Extremis was the whole reason Ironman got made into a movie in the first place.

That said and done.
I don't want an over dramatic Superman origin. The glove doesn't fit.
It worked with Batman because he is a dark individual and Supes always reflected that as being more lighthearted.

If Supes turns out to be a cinematic masterpiece that blows it out of the water and against all odds breaks ticket sales records, I'll be shocked.

Ironman 3's plot is a formula that works more....a hero we all love, getting his ass kicked and evolving to the next level then smashing all opposition.
It doesn't get better than that.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 05:36 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

man of steel..

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 05:45 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I think IM 3 will beat MoS in ticket sales.

The only way I MoS beating IM3 in revenue is if it is an outstanding movie.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Ironman 3's plot is a formula that works more....a hero we all love, getting his ass kicked and evolving to the next level then smashing all opposition.
It doesn't get better than that.

Eh, it get's significantly better than that. I hope there is more to IM3 than just the DBZ effect.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 06:29 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by ares834
Eh, it get's significantly better than that. I hope there is more to IM3 than just the DBZ effect.

laughing

Indeed, it is the DBZ effect. Same could be said for the Dark Knight franchise. All 3 films.

It's a formula that works in regards to comic style heroes.

Character is a worm that gets trodden on by its opposition then rises to become a butterfly and dances around all opposition.

The plot of Superman II was no different to the adventures of Goku.
A Saiyen who meets his aggressive family. Gets his ass kicked. Comes back then kicks their asses.

Man of Steel is gonna be the same, mixed with an origin story. Over-stylized and dramatic recreation of Superman 1 and 2.

Everything is related.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 06:41 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Indeed, it is the DBZ effect. Same could be said for the Dark Knight franchise. All 3 films.

Perhaps. Yet, there is far more than that going on as well.

It's not merely: get ass kicked, get power-up, kick ass.

The plot of Superman II was no different to the adventures of Goku.
A Saiyen who meets his aggressive family. Gets his ass kicked. Comes back then kicks their asses..

Which is probably why I thought Superman 2 was abysmal.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 08:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If Ironman 3 beats dc's golden boy at the box office this is just embarrassing for dc.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:08 AM