KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » How long are you gonna carry on buying dvds?

How long are you gonna carry on buying dvds?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

How long are you gonna carry on buying dvds?

I love dvds too but with blu ray 10 times better i was wondring how long are you guys gonna carry on buying dvds?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 01:09 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

So, what is the difference? Besides having to buy another player and the same movies again. It's all a ploy to take more money from you.

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 04:16 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

the pic is more life like

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 05:55 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Until the day I die..

DVD's are here to stay... Blu-Ray is just a passing fancy at the moment since as I type this better tech is being developed in China and will be out sometime in the next one to two years.. Besides Blu-Ray is rather expensive and not everyone can afford it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 06:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

How long are you going to keep making topics blabbing on about how good blu ray is and asking when people are going to change and so on...

I will keep buying dvds as long as they are avaliable. It's stupid to say there is no difference because there is a change in the quality of what you see on blu ray, but not enough to be important if you have a good television, and even an upscaling dvd player.

Still seeing it at a good cinema is still the best way in quality.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 10:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I hope i dont get told of for having a dvd collection in ten years time big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:01 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pardon?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:16 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

For the rest of my life. F*** Blu-Ray. It's not even good.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:20 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I am never buying another DVD, the VHS to DVD was a big step up, but the DVD to Blu-Ray was just amazing smile All respect to the people that are not "quality" snobs and think DVD quality is just fine, but there are alot of people who have a stick up their behinds because they want to have all their movies on Blu-Ray but are angry about the fact that their DVD versions are inferiour to the Blu-Ray releases.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:28 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Screw Blue Ray, I am still buying VHS. DVD is here to stay.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:15 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bluesteel
I am never buying another DVD, the VHS to DVD was a big step up, but the DVD to Blu-Ray was just amazing smile All respect to the people that are not "quality" snobs and think DVD quality is just fine, but there are alot of people who have a stick up their behinds because they want to have all their movies on Blu-Ray but are angry about the fact that their DVD versions are inferiour to the Blu-Ray releases.

I wish alot of people could agree with you i stopped buying dvds too

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 10:24 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I am never buying another DVD, the VHS to DVD was a big step up, but the DVD to Blu-Ray was just amazing All respect to the people that are not "quality" snobs and think DVD quality is just fine, but there are alot of people who have a stick up their behinds because they want to have all their movies on Blu-Ray but are angry about the fact that their DVD versions are inferiour to the Blu-Ray releases.

The difference between VHS to DVD was a lot compared to DVD to Blu Ray.

I do like your comment on the 'quality snobs' though, that seem to try to force and think they are superior to others who still watch DVD... idiots.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:41 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

IN terms of say picture quality? then the differance between DVD and Blu-Ray is even bigger then VHS to DVD. not just an opinion but fact.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 05:17 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It might be going by the tech specs, but on the eyes it's vastly different.

It's not big enough in quality to warrant going straight to blu ray, unlike VHS to DVD.

Not missing out on an important change. Doesn't make the film experience inferior.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 06:12 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I do see great differance on my TV, and I think the film experience dose get alot better with Blu-Ray, but then again this is very subjective.

Also some movies like say a regular comedy (shall we say Monthy Python or perhaps American Pie) don't care too much about the quality there, but if it's going to be a movie like King Kong or Gladiator I would want that to be in Blu-Ray because of the superiour camera/effects, and say cinematography which is normally better in thse types of movies.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 07:59 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I definitely see way more of a difference from VHS to DVD, it's like night and day.

That said, I'm gonna keep buying DVDs. I don't wanna drop the cash for a Blu-ray player or PS3, plus the extra cost for Blu-ray discs. DVDs are much more affordable and much more plentiful. I can't even get a ton of the movies I'd want in Blu-ray, they're non-existent.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:23 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Also some movies like say a regular comedy (shall we say Monthy Python or perhaps American Pie) don't care too much about the quality there, but if it's going to be a movie like King Kong or Gladiator I would want that to be in Blu-Ray because of the superiour camera/effects, and say cinematography which is normally better in thse types of movies.

I go to the cinema for that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 09:11 PM
saraQ

I buy when I want.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 07:14 AM
saraQ is currently offline Click here to Send saraQ a Private Message Find more posts by saraQ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bluesteel
IN terms of say picture quality? then the differance between DVD and Blu-Ray is even bigger then VHS to DVD. not just an opinion but fact.

1) No, that's not fact. Like, at all. Blue Ray is DVD with different quality. DVD from VHS was an entire reformatting.
2) "Quality snobs", huh? Hypocrite.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 09:29 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Forever.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 04:17 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote