KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will Harvey Dent be back ?

Will Harvey Dent be back ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Will Harvey Dent be back ?

Is it a good idea to bring him back for the next movie ?? I know he is dead but what do you guys think ?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:44 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Will he be back? No. They already announced he will not be.
Would it be a good idea? No, because it would dismiss the importance of Batman taking the blame at the end of the last one.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 09:36 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

No......The only villain that should come back is the Joker but that is even more pointless then Two-face coming back

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 11:07 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

as much as i would like to see harvey back, he will not be

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
as much as i would like to see harvey back, he will not be

I am starting to hate Nolan now.I just cant believe he would do something like kill off such an important character like this. mad Man thats a Schumacher/Burton thing to do.I never thought Nolan would be stupid like those two. mad This kinda puts a damper on the new films for me coming out.If their good like the first two,I'll still enjoy them,but it just rubs me the wrong way that he could do something so stupid such as kill off Dent. mad

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:56 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

He has no use for Dent, why keep him alive to make speculation for a movie that wont have that character in it?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 06:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I am starting to hate Nolan now.I just cant believe he would do something like kill off such an important character like this. mad Man thats a Schumacher/Burton thing to do.I never thought Nolan would be stupid like those two. mad This kinda puts a damper on the new films for me coming out.If their good like the first two,I'll still enjoy them,but it just rubs me the wrong way that he could do something so stupid such as kill off Dent. mad

If it helps, you can pretend he is still alive and locked up in Dark Knight Rises. Its kind of like Ras Al Ghul. The death was implied but not confirmed, that way average movie goers can interpret him as dead, but Batman fans that are against him killing can interpret him as still alive.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 07:52 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by The Nuul
He has no use for Dent, why keep him alive to make speculation for a movie that wont have that character in it?

Again thats something those idiots Burton and schumacher would do,kill off an important character."Nolan" was SUPPOSED to be more intelligent than that. mad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 06:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Myth
If it helps, you can pretend he is still alive and locked up in Dark Knight Rises. Its kind of like Ras Al Ghul. The death was implied but not confirmed, that way average movie goers can interpret him as dead, but Batman fans that are against him killing can interpret him as still alive.

yeah thats what I will have to do im afraid.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 06:40 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Again thats something those idiots Burton and schumacher would do,kill off an important character."Nolan" was SUPPOSED to be more intelligent than that. mad

Well, he didn't kill off the Joker when it was easy for it to happen, did he? It's because he served the story. Not like Burton in Batman, when he did right off the bat.
And by the way, movies aren't comics when you must keep villains alive for decades and never end things. Harvey death was a tragedy that served an important story point. Keeping him going when he was motivated by revenge, it doesn't accomplish anything to keep him going as a criminal mastermind. It's not like Batman doesn't have dozens of adversaries lined up that fans wouldn't want to see.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 04:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Re: Will Harvey Dent be back ?

Originally posted by coolmovies
.... I know he is dead ....

Very simple answer - and look! You already know it!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 10:19 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

You are a hard woman to please.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 04:47 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by roughrider
Well, he didn't kill off the Joker when it was easy for it to happen, did he? It's because he served the story. Not like Burton in Batman, when he did right off the bat.
And by the way, movies aren't comics when you must keep villains alive for decades and never end things. Harvey death was a tragedy that served an important story point. Keeping him going when he was motivated by revenge, it doesn't accomplish anything to keep him going as a criminal mastermind. It's not like Batman doesn't have dozens of adversaries lined up that fans wouldn't want to see.

yeah but its still a Burton/scumacher thing.killing off an important character.Like Myth said,have him go to arkham in the sequal or something like that,but dont be an idiot like Burton and schumacher and kill off an important character. mad

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 06:31 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

even though havey won't be backi will still enjoy this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 08:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Myth
Will he be back? No. They already announced he will not be.
Would it be a good idea? No, because it would dismiss the importance of Batman taking the blame at the end of the last one.
Don't mean to be hostile, but when do you plan to get a new sig?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 03:16 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Don't mean to be hostile, but when do you plan to get a new sig?

lol. I'm too depressed right now to work on getting a new sig.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 08:51 PM
SimonComics

Keeping a character around in perpetuity isn't automatically a more intelligent way to do things. The movies actually have stakes -- people die, or are lost forever. That makes what everyone does MATTER.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 08:18 PM
SimonComics is currently offline Click here to Send SimonComics a Private Message Find more posts by SimonComics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote