KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-rays will you be getting them?

will you be getting star wars on blu-ray?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 55.56%
No 3 33.33%
Maybe 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars Blu-rays will you be getting them?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

And what would you like to see in them
(in the movies and special features)

I for one would like to see Luke assemble his lightsabre incorparated into the movie in VI.
I would like to see Yoda land on Dagohba in III
I would like to see the extended cut of Maul vs Obi-wan and Quigon (as seen at the end of the deleted scenes in I)
And i know i'm going to get flac for this but redo the effects of the star destroyer hitting the deathstar in VI
and make sure all the boxes are removed around the ships.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:45 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I doubt I'll be getting the blue-rays, but ya never know.

I most definitely agree with you on seeing Yoda land on Dagobah in III. Ok, it's a short, insignificant scene....but.. it's BEAUTIFUL! I adored every second of it, even though it's was quick and probably didn't need to be there, which it's wasn't, but I still say that it should have been in. Those 37 seconds or whatever, would hardly kill the pacing of the film, or ruin it.

I also would like to see Luke constructing the Saber...but, after 27 years, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put that in now.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Nope, I dont do Blue-ray.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 07:18 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

It's too expensive for me, and the quality of blu ray over DVD isn't that big of a leap in my opinion. It's certainly nice, but DVD does just fine for me now.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
the quality of blu ray over DVD isn't that big of a leap in my opinion.

My sentiments EXACTLY

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 12:21 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's too expensive for me, and the quality of blu ray over DVD isn't that big of a leap in my opinion. It's certainly nice, but DVD does just fine for me now.

I have the same opinion. That's why I'm looking at a PS3 system instead, as a compromise.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 12:48 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I have a PS3, though only to play my video games honestly.

I still don't buy blu-ray movies because they're off the wall expensive whenever I see them. And I know that a DVD, which practically has the same quality and is a lot cheaper, will do me just fine.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 01:25 AM
darthmaul1

I would agree the bluray is only about 10 to 20% better than DVD and sometimes when they transfer it it's too good or too polished. Like predator or stargate or blade runner. On the last 2 you can see the strings on the models. So hopefully Lucas retouches the effects. I will probably rent them first.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 02:09 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

nope, getting tired of paying Lucas

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 11:19 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

lol Lucas ain't gonna get your money. He already gets it from the store when they purchase the film.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 02:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

I'll buy them... of course, I am stupid.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 09:45 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I would agree the bluray is only about 10 to 20% better than DVD and sometimes when they transfer it it's too good or too polished. Like predator or stargate or blade runner. On the last 2 you can see the strings on the models. So hopefully Lucas retouches the effects. I will probably rent them first.

That's been my problem, when I've looked at demonstration in the stores - the picture is TOO bright, TOO sharp. The movies are looking more like video games, and lacking the contrast look of cinema. It's not like Digital Projection in the theatres, which feels like a high quality film experience.
Those TVs with 'TruMotion'? That's the worst because the characters move in an unnatural way; the fluidity reminds me of videotape, of all things!
I'm still satisfied with my 1080i HDTV, and my HDMI upgrading player. When I finally get the PS3, I'll see when I feel right about trying Blu-ray.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 05:18 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by roughrider
That's been my problem, when I've looked at demonstration in the stores - the picture is TOO bright, TOO sharp. The movies are looking more like video games, and lacking the contrast look of cinema. It's not like Digital Projection in the theatres, which feels like a high quality film experience.
Those TVs with 'TruMotion'? That's the worst because the characters move in an unnatural way; the fluidity reminds me of videotape, of all things!
I'm still satisfied with my 1080i HDTV, and my HDMI upgrading player. When I finally get the PS3, I'll see when I feel right about trying Blu-ray.

I don't mind the newer films being on bluray. but the older ones, whats the point? the picture is almost as good and sometimes you don't want to see all the details. like being able to tell it's a stuntman and not the actor or being able to see the wires on the models or stuntmen.
I think lucas may have to incorporate some of the good deleted scenes back into the movies to get me to buy them again or redo a couple of the scenes that have bothered me over the years.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2010 09:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

Too bright has to do with the tv... and too sharp???? That's impossible. Blu Ray is totally excellent. I have over 80 by now.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 06:57 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yes, TruMotion is absolutely dreadful! I remember seeing one in action at a Walmart and thought exactly the same thing....the movie looked like a video tape because of the weird framerate. It looked so cheesy.

I like George.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 05:01 PM
queeq
Chaos

All those digital 'enhancements' suck... just turn them off.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 09:18 PM
coolmovies

I just hope this set is not Limited eddition

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 11:29 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by queeq
Too bright has to do with the tv... and too sharp???? That's impossible. Blu Ray is totally excellent. I have over 80 by now.

I know what you see in the stores isn't exactly what you see at home, because they frequently are taking one movie on one player, and splitting the signal over 20 TVs.

And I remember when Widescreen TVs first hit the market. The store salespeople wouldn't even bother to set the TVs & DVD players to a 16x9 aspect ratio, making all these movies have a squeezed look. No wonder I had to ask them a lot of questions, because they obviously didn't give a toss about presentation.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 05:36 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by queeq

Being too sharp is not impossible, have you seen the original predator on the new bluray? Arnie looks too cleaned up.
And with scifi movies from the 80's you can see the strings on the model cause they don't reedit the effects to remove the wires.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 06:20 PM
darthmaul1

Yes, TruMotion is absolutely dreadful! I remember seeing one in action at a Walmart and thought exactly the same thing....the movie looked like a video tape because of the weird framerate. It looked so cheesy.

Ok i'm a little late responding to this, but i just saw a TV with trumotion, and i have to say it sucks. it feels like i'm watching a soap opera.
The only thing it may be good for would be a nature show. but any thing else no way.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 05:21 PM