KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Laugh Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Looks like we finally have out first cutscene/gameplay video for the next MGS game. Kojima has stated that Ground Zeroes will act as a prequel to MGS5. He's also hinted at Solid Snake having a role in the game at some point, but the main protagonist has been confirmed to be Big Boss/Naked Snake. This game was made using the new FOX engine, which was made with next-gen systems in mind. Unlike past MGS games, this one will be an open world for the player to explore. Kojima's stated that he expects players to still be finding new things and collectables more than 100 hours in. I'm liking the new big bad in the video too. He kind of reminds me of Mr. Rictus from the Wanted comics.

I gotta say, this looks pretty damn good.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamesp... 2_4000_640.jpg

PWNT

Last edited by Badabing on Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 12:10 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Biss Boss looks like in his early 50s. Looks amazing. I hope this comes out for PC so I can watch in full high end glory.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 12:57 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Biss Boss looks like in his early 50s. Looks amazing. I hope this comes out for PC so I can watch in full high end glory.

Hahaha, I hope that was unintentional.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 01:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Theres also a movie coming out btw.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 02:07 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I hope Kojima is letting the right people get involved with the movie.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 03:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Here's an extended video with more gameplay.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/0...-14-minute-demo

PWNT

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 03:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Never thought I'd see Snake driving a car ala GTA.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:05 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I'm really excited for this, peace walker was soooo amazing.

glad to see a true continuation of the series.

Just waiting on the infamous....

"this will be my last metal gear game" -Kojima line

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 04:11 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I though Kojima was done with Snake. Oh well, I wonder if this will be another movie you pretend to play as a video game.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 04:41 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

These movies tend to have better gameplay than 99% of the shit out there

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:03 AM
wakkawakkawakka

True. But that begs to question if this will be full of 20 minute cutscenes and booty-cam.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2012 05:09 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whatthegatts?
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I hope Kojima is letting the right people get involved with the movie.

Apparently right now both Quintin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan have expressed interest in it and they are both waiting on Hideo to give final decision.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 07:34 PM
whatthegatts? is currently offline Click here to Send whatthegatts? a Private Message Find more posts by whatthegatts? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

As good as the game looks the gameplay, I've read for this game it still has load times for it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2012 02:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iheartchael
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope the game sees a return of the briefing files from Peace Walker, those were great.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 08:58 PM
iheartchael is currently offline Click here to Send iheartchael a Private Message Find more posts by iheartchael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iheartchael
Restricted

Account Restricted

Big Boss believes in Santa Claus. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:06 PM
iheartchael is currently offline Click here to Send iheartchael a Private Message Find more posts by iheartchael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

If Big Boss believes in Santa, he is real.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:10 PM
iheartchael
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol indeed.

Another funny one:

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:45 PM
Arachnid1

Hey everyone, there's a live stream going on right now. So far, they've shown a bunch of new game play, and confirmed that Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game. They are both parts of MGSV!

They're also going to show off the fox engine

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/games...zeroes-20130327

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 06:13 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 06:58 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Video broke have another

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 07:26 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote