KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » movie better than book?

movie better than book?
Started by: colossulrage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
colossulrage

movie better than book?

what part of the trilogy do you think improved on what was in tbhe book if any.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 04:33 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Less singing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 09:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

ya less singing..no 7pg description of what a city looks like

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 12:05 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

I was about to say nothing from the film is an improvment on the books, but you reminded me of the singing. The over-description doesn't bother me, given what Tolkien went through in life I wont begrudge him describing some magical land and it's quite possible that, without the descriptiveness, the films might not look as good.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 01:23 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacksionreo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I expect more but the movie disappoint me a little bit. i don't think the movie is better from the book.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 08:32 AM
jacksionreo is currently offline Click here to Send jacksionreo a Private Message Find more posts by jacksionreo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

It's sad that people seem to hate poëtry.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 10:41 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

i dont hate it i actually like it. but after reading each book 3 or 4 times i find myself skipping it now for some reason

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 07:39 PM
darthmaul1

The stuff with Tom bombadile wasn't even put the in the movie for a reason!
i like the fact that the versions are a little different this way you can get a different experience reading and watching.
but most definetly i skip the singing in the books.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 05:12 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

That's almost like watching Star Wars and skipping the scenes without lightsaber duels. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:18 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

well you can do that in episodes 1,2,3 cause the acting sucked balls light saber was the only thing good about those movies

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 05:39 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The book had a lot of parts where my eyes kind of just glazed over. Tolkien's a good writer, but, imo he's too much of a world builder. The books are good but I do prefer the movies.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 09:49 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote