KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Adam Magus vs. Larfleeze

Adam Magus vs. Larfleeze
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Adam Magus vs. Larfleeze

Who wins ?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 08:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 9th, 2010 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 06:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If Adamagus is allowed to be amped by trillions of followers during the battle (as he was when all/most of his high-end feats were performed in GotG), then it wouldn't be as much of a stomp in Larf's favor. Sans that, Larf pwns in a spitey fashion.
How does Larfleeze beat him ?

What else I'd like to point out is how you allow Nekron to use Am as a power source along with his millions of followers and deny Magus the right. That's a huge double standard and one I have been aware of since the beginning on your part.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 9th, 2010 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Larfleeze stomps.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:05 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
What else I'd like to point out is how you allow Nekron to use Am as a power source along with his millions of followers and deny Magus the right. That's a huge double standard and one I have been aware of since the beginning on your part.
Double standard? Lol.

AM was transformed into the Black Lanterns' CB. Why wouldn't I give a Lantern access to their ring/CB in a versus match? That's stoopid, quanch.

Regarding Adamagus: I didn't 'deny' him the right to do anything (it's not my thread to change.) I merely stated my opinion on the outcome of a battle between Adamagus (both amped and not amped) vs. Larfleeze.

smile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Larfleeze wins

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:39 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Double standard? Lol.

AM was transformed into the Black Lanterns' CB. Why wouldn't I give a Lantern access to their ring/CB in a versus match? That's stoopid, quanch.

Regarding Adamagus: I didn't 'deny' him the right to do anything (it's not my thread to change.) I merely stated my opinion on the outcome of a battle between Adamagus (both amped and not amped) vs. Larfleeze.

smile
Yes. meaning he was amped throughout the entire storyline until the end. Magus uses belief energy as the head of the universal church of truth. I mean if you won't acknowledge the difference it doesn't hurt me at all.

How does Larfleeze win though ?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 09:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes. meaning he was amped throughout the entire storyline until the end. Magus uses belief energy as the head of the universal church of truth. I mean if you won't acknowledge the difference it doesn't hurt me at all.

How does Larfleeze win though ?
Nekron was amped, huh? Proof?

I understand how Magus' power works. However, when he destroyed the planets, and overlapped timelines, he was tremendously amped by his followers specifically for those tasks -- ie. he wasn't running around with that much power beforehand, otherwise he would not have needed the extra influx of energy from his followers to preform the aforementioned feats. Big difference. But if you want him to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

Unlike the Guardians who have shared the energies of their CB with thousands of Lanterns over the millennia, Larfleeze has been hoarding all the energies of his CB for himself. He is essentially Ion+.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 09:36 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

This

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 09:44 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What he said.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:04 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nekron was amped, huh? Proof?

I understand how Magus' power works. However, when he destroyed the planets, and overlapped timelines, he was tremendously amped by his followers specifically for those tasks -- ie. he wasn't running around with that much power beforehand, otherwise he would not have needed the extra influx of energy from his followers to preform the aforementioned feats. Big difference. But if you want him to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

Unlike the Guardians who have shared the energies of their CB with thousands of Lanterns over the millennia, Larfleeze has been hoarding all the energies of his CB for himself. He is essentially Ion+.
Yes, throughout the entire story by his corps and by the Anti Monitor. On his own he was easily defeated after he lost all of his amp. Not the case with Magus even after he severely weakened himself he easily slaughtered the gotg and faked his own death against a cc user.

(please log in to view the image)

So what ? We've seen what can happen when someone closes the gap on Larfleeze. We've seen Hal Jordan rip his battery off of him as has Luthor and Atrocitus. I mean it's quite sad even Luthor temporarily schooled him after shortly becoming an orange lantern.

Magus would have a field day with this greedy fool.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:08 PM
Senor Cage

Larfleeze.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:18 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, throughout the entire story by his corps and by the Anti Monitor. On his own he was easily defeated after he lost all of his amp. Not the case with Magus even after he severely weakened himself he easily slaughtered the gotg and faked his own death against a cc user.

So what ? We've seen what can happen when someone closes the gap on Larfleeze. We've seen Hal Jordan rip his battery off of him as has Luthor and Atrocitus. I mean it's quite sad even Luthor temporarily schooled him after shortly becoming an orange lantern.

Magus would have a field day with this greedy fool.
AM was used as the power source for the Black Lantern Corps -- we've known that ever since the end of SCW. However, It was never stated that AM "amped" Nekron. Not once. Furthermore, Nekron didn't lose because AM was resurrected. He lost because the heroes were able to use the power of the white entity properly, by combining their will(s) to live (as clearly shown/stated in Blackest Night #8.) I mean, if AM were as important to Nekron you seem to be implying, then he would NOT have banished AM back to his own universe without thinking twice.

Context is key.

Regarding Adamagus: Before he was empowered by his followers specifically to destroy the planets and overlap timelines, he obviously did not have sufficient power to do so. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the extra boost he received from them to preform those feats. That is literally the definition of an amp -- but hey, if you want Adamagus to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

AM was used as the power source for the Black Lantern Corps -- we've known that ever since the end of SCW. However, It was never stated that AM "amped" Nekron. Not once. Furthermore, Nekron didn't lose because AM was resurrected. He lost because the heroes were able to use the power of the white entity properly, by combining their will(s) to live (as clearly shown/stated in Blackest Night #8.) I mean, if AM were as important to Nekron you seem to be implying, then he would NOT have banished AM back to his own universe without thinking twice.

Context is key.

Regarding Adamagus: Before he was empowered by his followers specifically to destroy the planets and overlap timelines, he obviously did not have sufficient power to do so. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the extra boost he received from them to preform those feats. That is literally the definition of an amp -- but hey, if you want Adamagus to be amped in this thread, then so be it.
smile
Yes, making it quite clear Nekron was always amped. If you won't say he was amped when he lost a huge power source then you don't admit to anything since it's right on panel. He grew incredibly weaker as he lost his corps especially Am. He was already destroyed once but with no corps members to rez himself he simply couldn't return.

It's all quite easy to understand. I am 100 percent correct so it makes no difference to me what you believe. Nekron was defeated twice, once by Sinestro in which he still was amped and then once by just rings when he was weakened he just lacked the means to return in another host.

I explained the context here and it's very clear right on panel.

Magus isn't amped and neither is Nekron unless otherwise stated. Magus doesn't need that amp to win or take his battery away I mean for crying out loud two humans did so already.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ laughing out loud

I don't know why, after all this time, I still try to 'debate' with you intelligently. Your pre-conceived notions have never changed -- probably never will. I knew that even before I started 'debating' with you, yet I still persisted.

Shame on me. sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 11:18 PM
quanchi112
Disney

^ laughing out loud

I don't know why, after all this time, I still try to 'debate' with you intelligently. Your pre-conceived notions have never changed -- probably never will. I knew that even before I started 'debating' with you, yet I still persisted.

Shame on me. sad
Everything I stated has been backed up. The scan makes it clear he was amped off of Am's power and his entire corps. Now if he normally has his corps power or has Am's dead body as a power source I get what you are saying but since the only time was for this story it's an amp.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:02 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Absolutely nothing you stated is "backed up".

You said that AM was "amping" Nekron. That was never stated. Never, ever... If Nekron would have been relying on AM's power, then he [Nekron] would NOT have been so eager to BFR AM immediately after he was resurrected -- especially knowing that he still had the white entity to contend with. Think about things for once, quanch.

The fact is: Nekron's defeat had NOTHING to do with AM. He was beaten because the heroes were using the white entity's power PROPERLY, as stated/shown on panel (ie. they all chose life when given the chance, and that was the catalyst for controlling the white light.) That said, had Sinestro been channeling said power with the will to survive, as opposed to fueling it with his ego, he would have been able to defeat Nekron as well.

Context.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 10th, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:23 AM
Squirrel Fart

Dont forget that this is Quan, so he'd twist anything in his favor.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:25 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^ Absolutely nothing you stated is "backed up".

You said that AM was "amping" Nekron. That was never stated. Never, ever... If Nekron would have been relying on AM's power, then he [Nekron] would NOT have been so eager to BFR AM immediately after he was resurrected -- especially knowing that he still had the white entity to contend with. Think about things for once, quanch.

The fact is: Nekron's defeat had NOTHING to do with AM. He was beaten because the heroes were using the white entity's power PROPERLY, as stated/shown on panel (ie. they all chose life when given the chance, and that was the catalyst for controlling the white light.) That said, had Sinestro been channeling said power with the will to survive, as opposed to fueling it with his ego, he would have been able to defeat Nekron as well.

Context.
If he is using someone as a power source than that's an amp because it's a source outside his own tech that he has no power over unless it's under these circumstances.

Nekron lost hold over his entire corps and then was defeated again. He isn't singular in nature as the scan I posted in another thread clearly states but at that point he was singular since he was the only left out of his entire corps.

He had no power over Am so he lost the power source then so why would he let him fire away on him his hold over him was already gone. So soon as he came back to life he lost his power source so there's no point in keeping him around as he can't manipulate or use those who are alive as a power source. Bfring was a desperate act. He lacked the power to defeat him and was quickly killed thereafter. Galan, I comprehend the entire scene word for word.

Nekron was already killed once by Sinestro but he could simply come back in the form of any corps member of his own. When the rings defeated him again he had no way back to the battlefield his tether in this reality was already taken care of. this was clearly addressed and is plain as day.

Sinestro needed to take away his corps to defeat him. If he was down to one body when he tore his heart out he would have won. With his corps amp which included Am there were too many bodies to kill. They had to eliminate the corps then kill him one last time which they did easily with their rings alone because he was so weak as he lost his amp.

Once again, context is everything.
smile

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:29 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*sighs*

Don't know why I took you off ignore.

Back you go. smile

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 12:33 AM