KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC
Started by: chomperx9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Discuss here and agree for KMC to remove the lysol advertisement as well as the other videos with audio that pops up almost every time you refresh the page.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:10 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chomperx9
Discuss here and agree for KMC to remove the lysol advertisement as well as the other videos with audio that pops up almost every time you refresh the page.

What are you going to do to replace the income that these adds generate for KMC? Should we change it so that we have to pay to post?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:14 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Without the ads all of the money to maintain the site would come out of Raz's pocket.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:15 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What are you going to do to replace the income that these adds generate for KMC? Should we change it so that we have to pay to post?
Talking about the ones with the audio that start playing constantly.

These just started recently. The advertisements before were not annoying.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:15 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Without the ads all of the money to maintain the site would come out of Raz's pocket.
U guys arent understanding. not talking about every single advertisement. ive been on here for almost 2 years now and these advertisements with the audio just started recently.

there was no problem with the advertisements before.

my point is raz should use other advertisers like the ones before without the audio. like the netflix one or the disney dvd ones or something with no sound

Last edited by chomperx9 on Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:17 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Talking about the ones with the audio that start playing constantly.

These just started recently. The advertisements before were not annoying.

I know what you are talking about, but this is not my home, and I am just a guest here.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:18 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Moved to the correct forum.

Anyway, with most ad rotation things that are available, the owner of the site where the ads are displayed does not actually choose which ones show up. And there have been ones that play audio in the past; there was a thread to post those so that Raz could remove them but I don't see it right now.

And really, Adblock. Problem solved for good.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I know what you are talking about, but this is not my home, and I am just a guest here.
right but u can vote on here for changes. for example everyone voted for cross gene threads in the comic vs forum.

Raz allowed it

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:19 PM
Peach
mordrem

right but u can vote on here for changes. for example everyone voted for cross gene threads in the comic vs forum.

Raz allowed it

Raz did not allow that, the Comic Vs. mods did, and it was only voted on by members who frequent that forum.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Peach
Raz did not allow that, the Comic Vs. mods did, and it was only voted on by members who frequent that forum.
right it was voted so whats wrong with members voting on this. ive seen other members complain about it as well in the off topic forum

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:21 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Adblock.

I have never seen any video/audio ads.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:37 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by T.M
Adblock.

I have never seen any video/audio ads.
at the bottom of the site thats where the videos start.

I have pop up blocker selected but it doesnt help

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 10:51 PM
Squirrel Fart

You claim that you have Raz's Facebook, cell number and you text him. So why need us?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 11:31 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Nuul
You claim that you have Raz's Facebook, cell number and you text him, all the time. So why need us?
because if he hears it from more than one person it helps more.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 11:32 PM
Squirrel Fart

I do hate that damn Halloween one though. It happens at least twice a day. It always happens at the wrong time so it always scares the shit outta me because I am watching something with the volume up. It also makes my parrot jump 5 feet every time

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Oct 27th, 2010 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 01:10 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Nuul
I do hate that damn Halloween one though. It happens at least twice a day. It always happens at the wrong time so it always scares the shit outta me because I am watching something with the volume up. It also makes my parrot jump 5 feet every time
I keep getting the lysol one as well as afew others. I havent seen the halloween one yet

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 01:21 AM
Squirrel Fart

Possible based off of IP because I never seen that one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 01:23 AM
lil bitchiness
-

I see no advert. I hear no advert. And I don't spam.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 05:30 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Adblock for web browsers.

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

IE8

Just download the one for the browser you are using.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 10:34 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Done, thanks TM.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 01:49 PM