KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)

Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)

this is mainly alive so that bentley can plead that goddamn michael korvac (what if?/gotg) is kosher........ he thinks i was born yesterday or something lol

j/k

for serious, bbz has to post his team soon, pm'ing them to competitors is a little compromising to say the least

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 06:52 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So... I'm going to a crystal clear plan of drafting:

Kang
Korvac (base form)
Punisher Robot

We all know that Korvac has a nice cube-computer attached to his body. I'm drafting Galactus's servitor (the Punisher Robot), to make TaaII my home base. Easy concept right wink

Now, I'm not going to bring neither the ship nor tech from the ship into the battlefield, so any boost I can get from my strategy, as long as I don't time-manipulate and using my prep time, should be legal.

I suppose the arguments against it is that Korvac is too powerful? Thoughts?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 08:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

iirc, they are on the spherical vessel galactus uses for eating planets, not the Taa II space station.

and taa II might cross the line as a an artifact in the class of a cosmic cube

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jan 31st, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:22 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

When the Surfer fought the Punisher Robot in the Tyrant arc it seemed to me they were on TaaII.

Can we really say the ship is as powerful as a cosmic cube or something of sorts? I guess it is a cosmic artifact, but not one I plan to take into battle.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I asked you a question through PM's. If I get that answered I will ahve my team.

And by the way I don't know who 2 of the 3 people on your team are. So that didn't help.

And with bently I am planning on using Ultron and I knew he might as well so I made sure he wasn't using him.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 09:49 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Oh and I can almagam right?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 09:56 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yeah, Amalgams are fine, just we have to decide how long does it take for you to amalgam.

Which version of Ultron?

The three characters I am using are Kang, Korvac in his weakest form (base form from my very respect thread) and the Punisher Robot:

http://www.comicvine.com/punisher-robot/29-27857/

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:04 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, Amalgams are fine, just we have to decide how long does it take for you to amalgam.

Which version of Ultron?

The three characters I am using are Kang, Korvac in his weakest form (base form from my very respect thread) and the Punisher Robot:

I asked delph and he said anything but phanlax Ultron would fall under low herald category or lower.

So obviously I am using the strongest and using Primary adamantium Ultron as one of my characters.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:11 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Ultron Unlimited one? (I would recommend him since he has the best feats, the newest one with Adamantium too)

But yes, Ultron is a solid low herald choice thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:13 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Ultron Unlimited one? (I would recommend him since he has the best feats, the newest one with Adamantium too)

But yes, Ultron is a solid low herald choice thumb up
Whos Ultron Unlimited? Looked through your respect thread though and I don't think I saw that name. Thanks for the ammo against you smokin'

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:16 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Well, I'm going to prepare a second team since PG is skeptical of me having a fair plan (being fair is overrated).

We should probably define the rules of what's not allowed, I assume you won't allow me to have time-manipulation nor reality warping

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:21 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Well, I'm going to prepare a second team since PG is skeptical of me having a fair plan (being fair is overrated).

We should probably define the rules of what's not allowed, I assume you won't allow me to have time-manipulation nor reality warping
Actually what I'm planning on doing probably isn't the best idea.

I know for battlezone you can't just think outside the box you have to destroy the box you are in and think a couple miles west.

What I'm doing I don't see as complicated(which most good battlezone arguments are) but effective me thinks.

And actually Ultron won't be doing any of the fighting me thinks shifty.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:31 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

If I chose to almagam could I almagam ultron with someone? Or would combining an robot with a non robot not work?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 10:49 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Black bolt z
If I chose to almagam could I almagam ultron with someone? Or would combining an robot with a non robot not work?

You would be kind of cyborg-like, containing both organic and machine parts. You wouldn't necesarily double your mass though, so you would lose half of Ultron's adamantium.

Edit: I'm giving you my conception of how the amalgam could work, I have never seen the full fledged rules of amalgams regarding this particular case.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 11:19 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

You would be kind of cyborg-like, containing both organic and machine parts. You wouldn't necesarily double your mass though, so you would lose half of Ultron's adamantium.

Edit: I'm giving you my conception of how the amalgam could work, I have never seen the full fledged rules of amalgams regarding this particular case.
If it would weaken the strength of Ultron's adamantium body then I wouldn't do it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 12:08 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Which version of Ultron?

even in that link you posted it says the punishers are aboard galactus' spherical vessel, not the world ship taa II

but even then, taa II is a cosmic power artifact that any of our characters could utilize without any difficulty, in fact korvac had help in that regard since the badoon gave him that harness.

for example, i could draft a random a.i.m. scientist during the time they were manufacturing cosmic cubes, instant god level character that can slip under a low street cap

nice try bentley wink

Originally posted by King Kandy
Psycho's team:

soranik natu (of the green green lantern corps)

nova (frankie raye (herald of galactus))

victor von doom (the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be)

i'm not scared of korvac BTW (doom can deal with him, and i have 3 other ways to KILL him off the top of my head), it's just that taa II is in the class of a cosmic cube and there is no way to sell it as anything less

Last edited by psycho gundam on Feb 1st, 2011 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 03:42 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by psycho gundam
even in that link you posted it says the punishers are aboard galactus' spherical vessel, not the world ship taa II

but even then, taa II is a cosmic power artifact that any of our characters could utilize without any difficulty, in fact korvac had help in that regard since the badoon gave him that harness.

for example, i could draft a random a.i.m. scientist during the time they were manufacturing cosmic cubes, instant god level character that can slip under a low street cap

nice try bentley wink

i'm not scared of korvac BTW (doom can deal with him, and i have 3 other ways to KILL him off the top of my head), it's just that taa II is in the class of a cosmic cube and there is no way to sell it as anything less

And you think I would just jump with Korvac without ten ways of killing Doom on the top of my head? wink

If TaaII is not legal that's fine, but none of your comparisions were actually valid. I don't draft Korvac in a certain time -example, Magus almost wearing the IG-, Korvac's harness is part of his powerset -saying the Badoon gave it to him is like saying a spider gave Peter Parker his powers-, I challenge you to use TaaII and get something useful given the speculations I stated -stealing no tech, not bringing the ship into battle-. Boosting myself using TaaII is something done with the powerset of my character, the CC in the other hand, can be used by anyone disregarding the powerset. Just to bring a precedent, in a past tourney someone drafted Coligostro with Hell as his homebase; I mean Coligostro without his powers, then using his homebase he just put the crown of the king on hell on his head and became skyfather, that's even cheaper that what I'm doing and was not deemed illegal wink

About the Punisher Robot, he was at TaaII in the Tyrant affair right? so I just won't draft the PR's living in the Solar Ship. If I really wanted the ship I would just draft one of the animals in Galactus's zoo, but that wouldn't be very sport from me.

Bottomline, I'm awesome for fighting the combination cool

(I'm still looking for a team btw. Is multiplying yourself, powercopying or using independant constructs legal in this BZ?)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 09:16 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

And you think I would just jump with Korvac without ten ways of killing Doom on the top of my head? wink

If TaaII is not legal that's fine, but none of your comparisions were actually valid. I don't draft Korvac in a certain time -example, Magus almost wearing the IG-, Korvac's harness is part of his powerset -saying the Badoon gave it to him is like saying a spider gave Peter Parker his powers-, I challenge you to use TaaII and get something useful given the speculations I stated -stealing no tech, not bringing the ship into battle-. Boosting myself using TaaII is something done with the powerset of my character, the CC in the other hand, can be used by anyone disregarding the powerset. Just to bring a precedent, in a past tourney someone drafted Coligostro with Hell as his homebase; I mean Coligostro without his powers, then using his homebase he just put the crown of the king on hell on his head and became skyfather, that's even cheaper that what I'm doing and was not deemed illegal wink

About the Punisher Robot, he was at TaaII in the Tyrant affair right? so I just won't draft the PR's living in the Solar Ship. If I really wanted the ship I would just draft one of the animals in Galactus's zoo, but that wouldn't be very sport from me.

Bottomline, I'm awesome for fighting the combination cool

(I'm still looking for a team btw. Is multiplying yourself, powercopying or using independant constructs legal in this BZ?)
how about we make the prep area a 20 x 20 room, that all items must fit in to be of use ?

but seriously, the worldship is a cosmic artifact far and away over the low herald cap, just interfacing with it makes one something like a cube being.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 05:01 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by psycho gundam
how about we make the prep area a 20 x 20 room, that all items must fit in to be of use ?

but seriously, the worldship is a cosmic artifact far and away over the low herald cap, just interfacing with it makes one something like a cube being.

I don't exactly disagree, but I'd like to know exactly how powerful are we allowed to call upon. I mean, if it can't even be above low herald it's something I would like to know...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 06:45 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I don't see why not. Hopefully PG will agree.

Let me guess...army of punisher robots?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 10:19 PM