KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel or DC final event

Marvel or DC final event
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Marvel or DC final event

Okay, assume hypothetically that Marvel or DC was going to go out of business personally, no one wanted to buy the rights to their characters or properties, so they decided to have one huge event to conclude their continuity, with everything coming to a finale and loose ends being tied up, etc.

In other words, this would be the last story of the Marvel or DC characters, that would end everything.

So how do you imagine it would be?

You can write what you think it would be like for Marvel, DC, or both

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:35 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Marvel Finally kills thanos?

And hes killed by Captain America?

Last edited by Black bolt z on Oct 30th, 2010 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 06:52 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The problem is that DC and Marvel are both fictional Universes based around an open ended Meta story. There's no way you could properly "tie off" either of them in one story without making it a crapfest, even more of a crapfest than most of their current events.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:21 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Cosmic war between Death/Oblivion and Eternity/Infinity, that goes out of control of the Living Tribunal. Thanos is behind this shit, and Death/Oblivion want everybody dead.

The last issue would be this: Death and Oblivion finally killed everyone, but Galactus. They fought him, beat him, and tought that he was dead, but the mofo's still rising. Still, his energie's reserves are almost depleted. He uses what's life, to gives him enough energy to use his tech, to absorb Oblivion, and use this energy to outpower/absorb Death. Galactus is floating in the nothingness, alone. The Pheonix Force come to him, they both talk, and then Galactus makes the ultimate sacrefice: Pheonix Force ignite him, he explose, and a new universe is born.

Galactus, in that way, fullfill his prophecy.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 09:43 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

DC goes boom. A new big bang. A rocket is sent from a dying planet. Repeat.

The cosmic reprint.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 10:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Cosmic war between Death/Oblivion and Eternity/Infinity, that goes out of control of the Living Tribunal. Thanos is behind this shit, and Death/Oblivion want everybody dead.

The last issue would be this: Death and Oblivion finally killed everyone, but Galactus. They fought him, beat him, and tought that he was dead, but the mofo's still rising. Still, his energie's reserves are almost depleted. He uses what's life, to gives him enough energy to use his tech, to absorb Oblivion, and use this energy to outpower/absorb Death. Galactus is floating in the nothingness, alone. The Pheonix Force come to him, they both talk, and then Galactus makes the ultimate sacrefice: Pheonix Force ignite him, he explose, and a new universe is born.

Galactus, in that way, fullfill his prophecy.
this sounds hood
Originally posted by -Pr-
DC goes boom. A new big bang. A rocket is sent from a dying planet. Repeat.

The cosmic reprint.
laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 02:57 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wolverine looks mournfully at the reader, breaking the fourth wall and shedding a small tear of sadness.

"I love you," he whispers as the multiverse goes dark.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 06:18 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Digi
Wolverine looks mournfully at the reader, breaking the fourth wall and shedding a small tear of sadness.

I shed a tear at how beautiful that could be done right.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 07:48 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Deadpool cancels his subscriptions to both Marvel and DC.

/Thread?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 10:11 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Superman wakes up one morning to find Lois gone. With super-vision he looks across the city, then the entire planet, and finds nobody else is left on earth. He flies into the sky but sees everything fading away. He hears a voice saying "Yes Superman, it was all a dream. Marvel and DC, these universes would never have existed if not for you. But you yourself are just a dream, a figment of the imagination. And all dreams must end one day. Your time has come."

Superman screams as the Marvel and DC universes fade into darkness and oblivion.

Then the reader throws the comic into the bin and says "well that sucked. I'm going to go play X-Box."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 11:34 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Scythe

/Thread?
yes

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 12:34 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Digi

laughing out loud
Originally posted by Scythe

/Thread?
Originally posted by basilisk
Superman wakes up one morning to find Lois gone. With super-vision he looks across the city, then the entire planet, and finds nobody else is left on earth. He flies into the sky but sees everything fading away. He hears a voice saying "Yes Superman, it was all a dream. Marvel and DC, these universes would never have existed if not for you. But you yourself are just a dream, a figment of the imagination. And all dreams must end one day. Your time has come."

Superman screams as the Marvel and DC universes fade into darkness and oblivion.

Then the reader throws the comic into the bin and says "well that sucked. I'm going to go play X-Box."
laughing

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 06:35 PM
King Kandy

Mandrake the Magician kills Superman, claiming he's the real OG of superhero comics.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 07:53 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mxy jumps out of the comic book and kills the writers

I have returned

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:07 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by King Kandy
Mandrake the Magician kills Superman, claiming he's the real OG of superhero comics.

Wasn't he a newspaper strip though? I don't really count that as a comic book.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:26 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Spider-Man lost his cat and do a deal with Mephisto because he wants him back. Mephisto agreed to giving back, but Spider-Man most gives something: His past memorires, since the 1960s. Spider-Man really likes his cat, and sign.

Directed by Joe Quesada.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:29 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Brothers (from the mid-90s crossover) find themselves spontaneously re-retconned and clash again, directly, this time seemingly obliterating both the DC and Marvel universes.

Once the blinding light disappears, we find Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster awakening in 1932 from an alcohol-driven dream-stupor. They look at each other, go "Naahh," and return to working on "Reign of the Supermen," chuckling at the fading wisps of what they think they dreamed.

Siegel stops for a moment. "Hey, how about a schizo hero, y'know, someone with a dark, evil side...

Schuster: Just stop, Jerry. Just stop. "I tell ya: Reign of the Supermen" is gonna rake in big bucks..."

[camera pulls back, we see a dark-haired, suited narrator with a lit cigarette. He begins...]

"Submitted for your approval: two talented young men, caught in the free fall of the Great Depression, lose themselves in their imaginations, never realizing they themselves are reprints ... in The Twilight Zone."

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 06:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think the most "reach to the reader" way to end them would be to have the characters realize they are fictional, or at the very least, they are always watched by someone who thinks of them like heros and the comic is just a heart to heart from the characters to the reader. Could be well done if writen right, and while ABSOLUTELY cheesy, I think it conveys the propose of super hero comics in the metatextual way that Morrison would do if he was told to finish comics shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 07:47 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

All the heroes vs all the villains in one massive free for all that literally tears your comic in half. For DC it would have to come down to Superman vs Lex Luthor or rather Clark vs Lex. It's always been down to that. For Marvel it's got to be the Father of the MU, Reed Richards vs it's ultimate villain: Dr Doom. It should be completely resolute and stress once and for all that dead is dead.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 09:17 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twizzlers713
cool story bro?

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Marvel Finally kills thanos?

And hes killed by Captain America?

cool

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 03:56 AM
twizzlers713 is currently offline Click here to Send twizzlers713 a Private Message Find more posts by twizzlers713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote