KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek vs TNG movies

Star Trek vs TNG movies
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Star Trek vs TNG movies

Which movies are better?

The Wrath of Khan
The Search for Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country

vs

Generations
First Contact
Insurrection
Nemesis

Old Post May 26th, 2009 04:17 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

First Contact and The Undiscovered Country are equal in my mind. However I like them all so... neutral.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:25 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

imo, First Contact is as good as any of the TOS movies. Generations aint bad either, but Insurrection and Nemesis were just bad. Real bad.

TOS movies have Wrath of Kahn and Undiscovered County, two of the finest Star Trek movies. Voyage Home is lots of fun too.

TOS, but by the slimmest of margins...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
imo, First Contact is as good as any of the TOS movies. Generations aint bad either, but Insurrection and Nemesis were just bad. Real bad.

TOS movies have Wrath of Kahn and Undiscovered County, two of the finest Star Trek movies. Voyage Home is lots of fun too.

agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Wrath of Khan and First Contact own all the other movies by a large degree, including the new one.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 07:39 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

The originals are better by far
but here is the order best to worse
Wrath of Khan
Undiscovered country
star trek
first contact
voyage home
search for spock
motion picture
V VII IX AND X don't even exist to me. and kirk is still alive or we don't know how he died.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:31 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The original series has the edge. The only real clunker was The Final Frontier.

While the latter series, only First Contact is a complete success. The other three are mixed bags to bad.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 27th, 2009 03:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I liked Nemesis though, it WAS a good movie. And the Data Picard moments were really well done. I liked Jerry Goldsmiths score too...

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post May 27th, 2009 04:38 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Jedireaper
I liked Nemesis though, it WAS a good movie. And the Data Picard moments were really well done. I liked Jerry Goldsmiths score too...

In my opinion Nemisis was crap, they totally disregarded the prime directive, and that crap with the new Data it was just that crap.
Then he dies, but there is a replacement so you don't care.
They could of gone for a death like spock and kill of Data with no replacement on hand. that would of been much more emotional and meaningful. but since they have the replacement you don't care.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 03:50 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

B4 isn't Data. He isn't a ready made replacement, and for all intents and purposes, Data is dead.

Nemesis sucked, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 28th, 2009 05:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

B4 isn't Data. He isn't a ready made replacement, and for all intents and purposes, Data is dead.

Nemesis sucked, though.

Yeah Nemesis is truly the worst Trek film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 28th, 2009 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace of Knaves
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Trek vs TNG movies

Originally posted by The Nuul
Which movies are better?

The Wrath of Khan
The Search for Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country

vs

Generations
First Contact
Insurrection
Nemesis

It's 6 to 4, including The Motion Picture, so TOS has an advantage.

My favorite OS movies are Undiscovered Country and Voyage Home. I liked Wrath of Khan, it just isn't the one I reach for when I feel like watching a Star Trek movie. 9 times out of 10 I'll watch Undiscovered Country, First Contact or Voyage Home. But, I actually watch the OS and TNG episodes more than any of the movies.

Where are we putting this latest film? It's original series, but it's original series Beta with an elderly Spock from Original Series Alpha wandering around repopulating the galaxy with little Alpha Spocks so they can run into little Beta Spocks at some point in the future when the next director decided to totally reboot the series. See, the next movie will be much, much better.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 10:11 PM
Ace of Knaves is currently offline Click here to Send Ace of Knaves a Private Message Find more posts by Ace of Knaves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I like all the star trek films (apart from Motion Picture *vomits*). With TOS, Wrath of Khan was the best i think, because not only do they bring back a brutal character, but they make him ten times more brutal...

as for TNG, First Contact...the Borg are the best alien TNG has ever seen. And it brought a darker side to the universe :P.

I kinda liked Nemesis, only disappointments: Data's Death, Trying to replace Data, Prof. X getting killed (wait...that was X-Men . Patrick Stewart you sly dog ), and the script writers total lack of Star Trek knowledge other than; TNG had these people in it...

I never took to Insurrection at first either, until a couple years back. I kinda like it now.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 12:02 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
I like all the star trek films (apart from Motion Picture *vomits*). With TOS, Wrath of Khan was the best i think, because not only do they bring back a brutal character, but they make him ten times more brutal...

as for TNG, First Contact...the Borg are the best alien TNG has ever seen. And it brought a darker side to the universe :P.

I kinda liked Nemesis, only disappointments: Data's Death, Trying to replace Data, Prof. X getting killed (wait...that was X-Men . Patrick Stewart you sly dog ), and the script writers total lack of Star Trek knowledge other than; TNG had these people in it...

I never took to Insurrection at first either, until a couple years back. I kinda like it now.

I agree about Nemesis. It's almost "un-trekl-like" at times.

and yeah, i hated that they got rid of data...

insurrection, to me, isn't as bad as nemesis, but it's like watching an episode of TNG that just lasts longer than an episode should...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 29th, 2009 02:23 PM
darthmaul1

Why would you vomit at the motion picutre?? although it was boring as all hell in places it is a very good story and better than 5 7 9 and 10 put together. i do admit if i can't sleep i pop this in the DVD and im out in 5 minutes.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:18 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Why would you vomit at the motion picutre?? although it was boring as all hell in places it is a very good story and better than 5 7 9 and 10 put together. i do admit if i can't sleep i pop this in the DVD and im out in 5 minutes.

lol

it's boredom induced vomiting.

and most of the odd numbered films did badly, it's a curse with movie makers when it comes to star trek. the odd number curse...they generally turn out to be bad films

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:58 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

it's boredom induced vomiting.

and most of the odd numbered films did badly, it's a curse with movie makers when it comes to star trek. the odd number curse...they generally turn out to be bad films
Cept the eleventh. No on'es criticised that one.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 01:50 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

insurrection, to me, isn't as bad as nemesis, but it's like watching an episode of TNG that just lasts longer than an episode should...

"Lock and load".

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:09 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by lord xyz
Cept the eleventh. No on'es criticised that one.

maybe not here much...but people have (but only like the extremely devout TOS fans...)...

but i think the reason that this 'odd number' film was mainly successful is because it's a completely new concept...Abrams has basically taken Star Trek, and kept the bits that make it acceptable to call it Star Trek still and built something around that

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:22 PM
dadudemon

I agree about Nemesis. It's almost "un-trekl-like" at times.

and yeah, i hated that they got rid of data...

I did not like what Nemesis did with Data, either. However, he is back in EU sources. B4 ceased to exist and became Data. Still, one of the stupidest things ever done.

And what's wrong with it being like a really long episode! mad mad mad mad lol

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2009 02:32 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote