KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » The Warriors

The Warriors
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Warriors

(please log in to view the image)
The Warriors. From Left, Cleon (Dorsey Wright), Rembrandt (Marcelino Sánchez), Cochise (David Harris), Cowboy (Tom McKitterick),
Ajax (James Remar), Vermin (Terry Michos), Swan (Michael Beck), Fox (Thomas Waites), and Snow (Brian Tyler).

The head honcho of the largest gang in New York City, the Gramercy Riffs, Cyrus, calls for a meeting in Van Courtland Park, inviting nine representatives from each of the NYC's toughest street gangs.

Cyrus pitched his idea to the gangs. His plan was to unite the gangs, which would outnumber the NYPD 10-to-1, and to lay taxes upon the cops and the crime syndicates.

The gangs are all for it. Too bad Luther, the boss of the Rogues, decide to gun down the Riffs' boss. To make matters worse, he pins the murder on a gang hailing from Coney Island.

The Warriors.

Now, without their leader (and founder of the gang) Cleon, Swan takes over as Warlord, and leads his buddies back to their home base on Coney.

Only problem is that they got the police and the gangs hunting them down, from the all-bald Turnbull AC's, the baseball-happy Furies, the overall-wearing Punks, to the all-female Lizzies.

The poor boys are in for a night they sure as hell won't forget.

The Warriors is in my top 20 of all-time cult favorites. Still look at this movie from time to time. These mofos from Coney deserve mad respect.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Aug 14th, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 11:46 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ajax looks gay in that picture.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 11:48 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Swan was my favourite member of The Warriors

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 03:08 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Swan without a doubt. The guy barely lost his cool through most of that movie.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:35 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ajax would kick the holy shit outta Swan.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:39 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Probably, but my original statement still stands.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:47 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Swan was the better leader by far, no doubt there.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 04:54 AM
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Agreed. Ajax is definitely the most effective enforcer of the group. And Janes Remar is my fave actor from the film.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:08 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mhm, but he was a huge dumbass.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:09 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm, but he was a huge dumbass.

Chasing tail when you have every gang and cop looking for you - very bad idea. And said tail just so happens to be a cop (Mercedes Ruhel). Bad form indeed.

Swan got his buddies home. Were it not for him, they would have been a red stain on the streets of the NYC.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:17 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every time I watch the movie, I wonder "Why don't they just steal a damn car?"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:55 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Guess the movie wouldn't have been as fun to watch if they did. Those fights were classic, especially the chair-to-da-head to one of the Lizzies.

I just noticed something. Swan was pretty handy with a knife, not to mention he managed to dodge a bullet from Luther's gun.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 01:39 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Several of the fight scenes.

The Furies

The Punks

The Lizzies (it's in Italian. Sorry)

It had to be done. Luther calling out The Warriors in this iconic scene.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Aug 15th, 2010 at 01:56 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 01:53 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing: People say the Furies were shit fighters. Incorrect. They just happened to take on 4 of the baddest Warriors.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 02:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Because they were more white-guys than black in the gang.

Also, Swan would kick Ajax's ass, you tool.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 05:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Because they were more white-guys than black in the gang.

Also, Swan would kick Ajax's ass, you tool.
AHAHAHAHA THREAD!!!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 08:41 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poor Fox had to take one for the whole team and Cleon as well

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 04:57 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cleon?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 04:59 AM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

The original leader who was beaten to death by the Riffs after Luther shot Cyrus

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:05 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I get their names mixed up. Snow, shit.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 05:08 AM