KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellraiser remake

Hellraiser remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hellraiser remake

quote:
Yesterday, Clive Barker ("Lord of Illusions"), surprised horror fans by announcing on his official Facebook page that he will be writing the screenplay for a new Hellraiser film. It revealed that it will be a remake of the original 1987 film, which is based on novella The Hellbound Heart. I'm assuming The Weinstein Company (producers) are hoping for the same type of success that the Evil Dead franchise experienced will rub off on Hellraiser

And Doug Bradley is returning as Pinhead

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...1/news/?a=89068

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 09:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I am so glad to see that there is no originality anymore. Barker could have created a brand new horror franchise, even cast Doug Bradley in it. But nope, why do something that requires effort when we can just remake a classic? Why does it even need to be remade? I can already predict that the extravagant CGI won't come near to the terrifying practical effects of the original.

So this is what, the 2 billionth unnecessary sequel/remake/adaptation of a past franchise? 3 billionth?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 11:02 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Comics reboot; films get remade.

I'm still waiting for the 2001: a space odyssey remake, where Hal is an ipod. As he dies, he slowly sings Michael Jackson's Thriller...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 11:41 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

People found the original terrifying ?.....i got bored of the first one. Had more enjoyment from the sequels

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I am so glad to see that there is no originality anymore. Barker could have created a brand new horror franchise, even cast Doug Bradley in it. But nope, why do something that requires effort when we can just remake a classic? Why does it even need to be remade? I can already predict that the extravagant CGI won't come near to the terrifying practical effects of the original.

That's like how i remember reading somewhere David Cronenberg wanted to remake his Fly movie.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 25th, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 12:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
erik.dansereau
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm torn, there are movies out there that I want remade or franchises rebooted, but yes, there is something to be said of the lack of originality in hollywood

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 05:35 PM
erik.dansereau is currently offline Click here to Send erik.dansereau a Private Message Find more posts by erik.dansereau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

im actually interested in this so long as clive barker is writing it.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 05:38 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is one of those franchises that doesn't need a remake. Aside from the first sequel each movie can be viewed as a stand alone movie. However, i'm a sucker for these movies. Each time a new, Hellraiser movie releases I always watch it and even though i'm always disappointed I look forward to the next one lol Nice to here, Bradley is returning though

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:38 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

depending on the cast, might see..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Thought this got cancelled? Hmmm anyways it'll be nice to see a new one, somehow I managed to sit through the whole of hellraiser revelations(?), think thats the name...but yeah that movie...was soooo bad that words can't explain how awful it was

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 08:30 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you're all acting like the franchise wasnt destroyed utterly long ago with the release of hellraiser 3 and every crappy movie afterward.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 10:32 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Are we?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 01:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by erik.dansereau
I'm torn, there are movies out there that I want remade or franchises rebooted,

And yet people continue on like remaking or rebooting movies is a new thing, which its not they've been doing it for years

quote:
something to be said of the lack of originality in hollywood

Wouldn't be surprised if its hard to do now, Without it having based on a novel, Comic/Graphic Novel or even something that's influenced by something else.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 02:03 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hellraiser is my absolute favourite horror series, so I'd like to see what they can do with a remake.

That said, I'm wary as ****.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 03:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

After Hellraiser revelations anything would be better, could be Douglas Bradley as pinhead on the toilet and it'd be better erm

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 09:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is a horror series that is in drastic need of updated effects/acting. I'm stoked for the remake. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 10:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The effects in the original were actually pretty good, I mean the monster that kept chasing Kirsty was a bit shit looking sure but other than that the effects were pretty damn amazing. I'm wondering this time if they'll follow the book more closely, I'm glad Dougs coming back for it cause he is pinhead.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 10:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The effects were good for the time(this was back in '87 remember), but they just don't hold up, imo.

I've never read the book. What are some differences between it and the original film?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 10:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The ending was different

quote:
Leaving the house, Kirsty encounters the heretofore unseen leader of the Cenobites, the Engineer, who entrusts her to watch over the box until another degenerate seeks it out. Looking at the lacquered surface, Kirsty imagines that she sees Julia and Frank's faces reflected in it, but not Rory's. She wonders if there are other puzzles, that might find a way to where Rory resides by unlocking the doors to paradise.

And in the book Kirsty wasn't Rory's daughter, she was a friend of Rory's and I think she had maybe a bit of an attraction to him

The effects are a little dated yeah but still I think they do sorta hold up. Pinhead looks amazing, of course in the book he's just called the lead cenobite. The one with the chattering teeth was pretty cool too smile the lady freaked me out quite a bit, the fat guy was just kinda...meh. And the mutilated bodies looked so disgusting in that film with the maggots coming out. It'd be interesting to see what it would look like today, but Nightmare on elm street ended up using CGI for Freddy and it didn't look as good as Freddy originally looked in the original, so if they use todays effects it may look pretty damn awful but hopefully that won't be the case and perhaps they could make some pretty damn cool things happen.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 10:37 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
The ending was different

Which is odd when Clive also directed & did the script with the original one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 02:28 AM
steverules_2

I think I read somewhere that he didn't like the pinhead name

I think the ending was changed so they could have a sequel but then again the ending of the book left it open for a sequel too, it woulda been nice to see maybe a different puzzle box that opened another door

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:28 AM