KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Guardians of the Cosmos ((Character Creation and OOC))

Guardians of the Cosmos ((Character Creation and OOC))
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

Guardians of the Cosmos ((Character Creation and OOC))

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh heck, in the current climate, just go for it! A quieter game may work much better anyway.

Guardians of the Cosmos

Since the beginning of time, there have been the Guardians. No one knows the true name of their race, but ‘Guardian’ seemed an appropriate title. They were the oldest of all races and their wisdom and power was unmatched throughout the galaxy. Millions of years study of the universe gave them the power to manipulate time and space. They did not however use their power to conquer or destroy. They prevented wars, and were seen as beacons of peace throughout the galaxy. The time came, however, when they had to leave. They became ascended beings, passing out of existence into whatever lay beyond.
Only a few remained behind to defend the galaxy against threats. These remnants formed a what is now known as the Grand Council of Guardians. Virtually indestructible, and far more powerful that mortal beings, the guardians spread out, patrolling territories of space that the council had assigned to them. For a long time there was peace, but it did not last.
Some of the guardians grew bored. Being unable to ascend like their brethren, some grew mad and ended their own existence. Others tried to use their powers to destroy and conquer. What resulted was a monumental war between the guardians that nearly destroyed the entire galaxy. In the end the true guardians prevailed, and the traitors either destroyed or cured of their insanity. Many argued that those who started the war should stand trial for their crimes, but there were so few guardians left, that they couldn’t imprison or kill any more of their kind.
Once again peace reigned. However, as eons pass, rumors of a new threat started reaching the ears of the Council of Guardians. A threat from outside the galaxy. It didn’t take long for these rumors to be confirmed. The galaxy suddenly shook as millions of intergalactic portals were opened, and an army of monstrous being appeared. They did not wait for or establish contact of any kind – They simply starting destroying everything in their path. The guardians were at first overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies, but they rallied and fought back, eventually driving away the invaders. This was, however, merely a scouting party. The enemy, called the ‘unknown’ by the Council of Guardians, would return with their full invasion force, and the Guardians had no choice but to prepare for a grim future.

And so the second great galactic war begins.

You are a guardian – A powerful defender of the galaxy. The power to manipulate time and space is shared with your brethren, and together you must defeat the unknown invasion.
But beware!
- You are immortal, not invincible. The enemy are many, and if your are careless, you will be destroyed.
- You have great power, but you are neither omniscient nor omnipotent. Your powers, your body and your mind all have limits. Keep this in mind, or else make the same mistakes that led to the first war.

Powers - Details and limitations.

Here's a list of powers and abilities, and the limits they have.
Flight - This includes flying through space at faster than light speeds. For obvious reasons, you cannot move at light speed when on a planet's surface.
Super strength - Class 100 (in other words, minimum 100 tons lifting strength. Have fun with that. wink )
Can survive indefinitely in space and underwater without breathing.
Talk using telepathy - This is a guardian's primary form of communication, as it can be used over a great distance, and it bypasses all forms of language in the galaxy.
Teleportation - Limited by the area around you. For example, if you are on a planet, you can only teleport on that planet.
Immortality - Not to be confused with invincibility. You are ageless, not invulnerable.
Durability- This is a tricky one. While not invincible, it will take a great deal of damage to kill you. If you were, for example, smashed into a mountain or a building, it would hurt a little. If you were thrown into a star, however, that might kill you.
Able to change appearance at will - This lets you be a little more creative with character design, as you can be literally whatever you wish to be. The only real limit to this is that you must roughly stay the same size (2-3 times bigger or smaller than average wont matter, but anything more extreme wont be allowed.)
((Note - The average guardian is roughly the same size as the average human.))
Minor reality warping - This generally refers to controlling the elements, changing one object into another, telekinesis or teleporting objects to another place. Applies only to things roughly the size of the guardian in question.

ONE UNIQUE SPACE/TIME POWER - This is the important one. While every guardian is made equal with their other powers, this one sets them apart. This power defines your character, as it either the most useful, most versatile or most destructive ability in your character's arsenal.
Some examples may include -
- Creating miniature black holes.
- Summon armies of monsters from the void.
- Create portals to anywhere in the galaxy.
- Temporarily stop time.
- Reading/Controlling others minds.
And so on. Be as creative and destructive as you like when choosing a unique power. wink

Rules
1. NO godmodding - This is a given. You cannot have an overpowered character, or kill/control another player's character without their permission.
2. No meta gaming. In other words, no giving your characters knowledge that they realistically would have no way of knowing even if you as a player know something.
3. This is a sci-fi, not a fantasy. Your character may be able to control time/space on a limited level, but that does not mean the same thing as magic.
4. Make sure your posts are clear and easy to read. It doesn’t matter how long your posts are, as long as the message gets across clearly. Minor spelling and grammar mistakes are allowed, but only if they are mistakes. You can't make posts like "GuY WeNt OvAr THARe And kICkeD S0Me Ga!S @sS" - I will not tolerate posts like this in my rp.
Note - for those who use colours in their posts, make sure they are colours that can be seen clearly, no matter what kmc theme other players are using.
5. Three characters per player. No more.
6. I know I said character can control space/time to some degree, but you cannot travel through time under any circumstances.

Character Sheet

I'll post a template, and then post my own character sheet as an example.

Name:
Alignment:
Unique Power:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

Name: Xion
Alignment: Good
Unique Power: Manipulating light to create lasers of different shapes, sizes and purposes, from small laser blasts to lightsaber-like melee weapons to giant death beams.
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Personality: Loyal, patient, but sometimes violent.
Bio: Xion bears a heavy burden. During the first war, he went to extreme measures to end the violence. His methods of destroying traitors were effective, but billions of lives were lost because of his actions. He fears that this new war maybe bring back his violent side, but he knows he must take that risk to defend the galaxy.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. big grin

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 01:52 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Do all gaurdians have the basic powers like flight and strength, or were those examples?

As for my character, this one is a pre-made godlike being that I'm going to try to fit into the setting; let me know if he's too strong or different and I can adjust.

Name: Memory

Alignment: Neutral, with good tendencies. Will defend itself and its charges, but typically prefers not to get involved.

Unique Power: Legacy; The ability to collect the psionic remains of a dead creature. Knowledge and power can be gleaned from what the creature once was in life, absorbing them. The psychic echoes of the creature may be used to "ressurect" them in a sense, creating a new body for the remnants of their mind to inhabit, including any items that were important to the creature in life. It should be noted that it is not the original creature, but the imprint that their psyche left on the universe, a recording of them up to their death, though there is little practical difference.

This ability only works on mortal creatures, and explicitly excludes Guardians. Memory may use it to summon a ghostly or physical army, gain the knowledge and power of the dead, or bolster his mental abilities. Memory himself is a Legacy, and as such is difficult to attack directly, being a packet of psychic energy. Weapons and other physical objects pass through him harmlessly, but any creature with a mind may touch him, and time/space manipulations work normally.

Appearance: Memory appears slightly differently to anyone viewing him, as he is mostly an image in the mind. Most often, he appears as a large, heavyset humanoid shape, colored a pale pink and completely faceless. His body is made of up of small streams that look like ribbons, all twisted together in a loose braid, concentrated to the arms and legs, while loose threads stream wildly from the top of his head.

Memory has sometimes appeared as what most would recognize as Death: a skeletal form in a black cloak, carrying a scythe. The scythe is purely for show, however, and has no function. In addition to this form, Memory has taken shapes resembling many mythical spirit guides, such as a Valkyrie or Shinigami.

Personality: Patient, Defensive, Cautious.

Bio: Memory began as a Gaurdian with an unusual interest in the mortal races, and, indeed, all living things. He became fascinated by their natural cycles of death and birth, but realized that once dead, those life forms were gone forever, eventually forgotten by their kind, even in those cases where they had gained great prestige and recognition. So much was simply lost, never to be seen by those mortals again. Memory sought a way to preserve their cultures, their knowledge, their power, and took inspiration from so called "spirit guides" bringing the dead to paradise. Memory tracked down the barest traces a mind would leave behind once gone, hoping to preserve even the tiniest fragments. When it came time to ascend, Memory refused, diving further into his work to prevent going insane. He began to make breakthroughs in the preservation process, just in time for war to break out. Countless died, and Memory worked himself to destruction trying to keep up with the death toll, but he managed, barely, to preserve even himself, with the aid of his vast psychic abilities making the imprint easier to form. The Gaurdian ascended, but his Legacy remained.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 04:55 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Yes all guardians have the basic powers + a single unique power.

And I guess that's ok. I wouldn't go far to say that memory is 'ascended' as that would mean he is no longer a part of the universe, but the concept is fine.

The only thing i have an issue with is the
quote:
Weapons and other physical objects pass through him harmlessly

But I'll allow it for now. If it becomes a problem later I'll ask you to take that particular ability away.

In other words, character approved. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 05:19 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

Name: Toshihiro

Unique Power: Cell Generation. This power allows Toshihiro to create cells in his body. He can even create new types of cells with unique properties. If he is injured he can create stem cells to turn into necessary cells or create the lost cells. If he is in a hostile environment he could create a cell type that heals quickly or increases muscle power. If there is poison in his body he can make new immune system cells. He can even make cells that take in oxygen more efficiently, or some other element, such as water or some other gas.
Personality: enthusiastic, honest, self-confident, arrogant, indecisive, impatient

Bio: Before the First War Toshihiro grew bored when he didn’t ascend with the other Guardians. When the First War finally began, his own brothers believed that he would be on the opposing side due to his impatience. Toshihiro shocked them all when he decided to stay with the True Guardians. His indecisiveness caused him to wait until the last minute to make his decision. During the war he was wounded many times, but today you will never see a scratch. Toshihiro believes himself to be invincible but his arrogance may be his undoing in this upcoming war. Armed with only his sword, Toshihiro is confident that the Guardians can drive out these new invaders.

Attachment: toshihiro.png
This has been downloaded 77 time(s).

Last edited by Darth Piggott on Feb 16th, 2011 at 05:38 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 05:34 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Also approved. smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 06:53 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
Yes all guardians have the basic powers + a single unique power.

And I guess that's ok. I wouldn't go far to say that memory is 'ascended' as that would mean he is no longer a part of the universe, but the concept is fine.

The only thing i have an issue with is the

But I'll allow it for now. If it becomes a problem later I'll ask you to take that particular ability away.

In other words, character approved. stick out tongue

Noted. My intention with the 'ascended' thing was to say that original Gaurdian is gone, and Memory is his remains. Whether he's dead or actually ascended isn't really important, or I can change so he's still the original. Doesn't matter much.

And 'k, I'll try not to make the intangibility overpowered. Maybe it's a temporary state.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 12:57 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Well with 3 people I probably could get started, but it's midnight over here, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 01:00 PM
TxG
Evil Genius

(please log in to view the image)
Name: Gaea
Unique Power: Plant Manipulation - Ability to control, manipulate or animate plant life.
Personality/Bio: Gaea is quiet and has a peaceful personality by nature. She is extremely loving and cares deeply about those she loves and is loyal to the other guardians. Amongst her other attributes she is regarded as beautiful and highly intelligent. However since the first war she has been very subdued. Spending more time alone, Keeping herself to her own company. This is merely a way of protecting herself from her emotions which are highly sensitive, and has a tendency to make her powers go awry and not work the way she would like. Gaea has been working on her training hard and also meditating on things to come. Some would view her has cold if they have never engaged in conversation with her before. Mainly because she has self taught herself ovetimenot to give anything away. Gaea betrothed died or presumed had in the first war, she has been blaming herself ever since. Underneath it all, she is quite insecure and that could reallymake her very vunerable indeed. Don't dismiss Gaea as weak though just like the other guardians she is very strong when she is in the right mindset. She is more determined than ever she will have vengeance for her beloved's death. Don't make her angry, Her vines won't love you for it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 01:40 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Approved. big grin

I'll start the rp soon.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 10:55 PM
MadMel
Heh

To clarify - The unknown fleet is 100% organic.

Even their "spaceships" are just larger members of the alien race holding the smaller species in their stomachs, or whatever. stick out tongue

If any of you made that mistake, don't worry about it. Just continue as normal.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 02:36 AM
starryknight

Name: Yukari
Alignment: Good (was one of the Guardians that went insane)
Unique Power: stop are speed up molecules (think Piper from Charmed)
Personality: was once cheerful and happy but went insane with many other of her fellow guardians. After being cured of her insanity she realized what she had done and became depressed and shameful.
Bio: Yukari was one of the Guardians that went insane destroying whole planets and killing countless life forms before she was finally stopped by the other Guardians. After her brethren snapped her back to her senses she went in a deep depression and begged for death but the others refused and the only thing stopping her from throwing herself into a star was the chance that the Guardians might have use for her in the future. Yukari left the other Guardians only to return to help in the second war, she was met with glares and distrust and didn't blame them. After they defended against the Unknown Yukari again left to wonder the cosmos by herself when she stumbled on a young race of humanoids on a purple planet named Drarus. The Guardian took interest in the people and helped them when she could. She was happy there and watched as the people grew and flourished until the day she was called to defend against the unknown invaders once again.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 02:54 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Approved. wink

I'll post soon guys.
Just doing my intro week of uni - Having so much fun! XD

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 10:25 AM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Name: Baketsu

Unique Power: Is able to spawn dragons. When spawning a dragon a lightning bolt strikes where he chooses to spawn the dragon.

Appearance:

Personality: outgoing, Flirtatious, easygoing, Smart, funny, Sarcastic, Positive, Negative, weird

Bio: Baketsu used a good amount of his life training his abilities and another good amount writing in a journal. Being immortal made him question life all around him. Baketsu was one of the few Guardians that did not become evil or insane. But he helped in battling and turning his fellow Guardians back to normal. He never really talked to many of the Guardians much but he liked them because he was easy going. The thing that makes him confused and made him write in his journal a lot was how his species is immortal and yet they can still die somehow. The complexity of this enigma amazes him and hopes to find an answer.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 10:57 PM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote