KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Trans Tier

Trans Tier
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Trans Tier

*Note, this isn't a thread for arguing placement or anything like that, this is just a general question.

Of the main tiers I think the least well defined is the Trans Tier. What I'm wondering is what people here think are "trans feats" besides the obvious like wrecking multiple Heralds at once.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:30 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think trans feats include briefly stalemating or enduring prolonged encounters with someone clearly of Skyfather or above power under their own power/ability. A Skyfather should soundly beat a High Herald, or at least make it clear that they are beyond them without much doubt. Someone who can hang with a Skyfather, does it consistently, but doesn't display that Skyfather level power on their own while still being above most other High Heralds without stomping them, can be argued to be a Trans level character or at least, displays Trans level feats.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:57 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Trans feats would be feats between high herald and low skyather feats.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 03:06 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think trans feats include briefly stalemating or enduring prolonged encounters with someone clearly of Skyfather or above power under their own power/ability. A Skyfather should soundly beat a High Herald, or at least make it clear that they are beyond them without much doubt. Someone who can hang with a Skyfather, does it consistently, but doesn't display that Skyfather level power on their own while still being above most other High Heralds without stomping them, can be argued to be a Trans level character or at least, displays Trans level feats.

What I really want to know is if there are any feats that aren't necessarily combat related that would make someone Trans.
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Trans feats would be feats between high herald and low skyather feats.

How to say this without sounding mean or snide...

...thanks for stating the blatantly obvious stick out tongue

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 03:18 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

trans is pretty much low skyfather imo.

although by jake definition , high end thor and surfer would be trans

I have returned

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 04:44 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think we should just name all the trans tier characters

marvell
high end thor
high end surfer
high end superman
onslaught
SBP
Runner
Void Sentry

I have returned

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 04:55 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think we should just name all the trans tier characters

marvell
high end thor
high end surfer
high end superman
onslaught
SBP
Runner
Void Sentry

Yep
No
No
No
Yep
Yep
Iffy
Yep

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 06:43 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Not having matter manipulation, I believe, is one of the cut offs between trans and skyfather. Which is why PC Validus, an absolute monster, is only trans.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 10:07 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

CISless Flash and Zoom too. Broken broken.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:57 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not having matter manipulation, I believe, is one of the cut offs between trans and skyfather. Which is why PC Validus, an absolute monster, is only trans.

Eh.

Thanos and Post Crisis Darkseid are Trans and they have Matter Manip.

Lots of Heralds have matter manip.

What I want to know is what level of power is "Trans level"

Like would busting a Solar System be Trans or High Herald?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 03:52 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

For reference, since a LOT of people don't actually know what was originally used as criteria for the label (Trans tier is a KMC construct, btw, don't expect to see it elsewhere)...anyway, the criteria was this:

Above Surfer, Below Odin. Fin.

I've seen some wonky ideas about how it is or should be defined. But that was it.

Anyway, this is being closely watched. Tiers threads don't really work on the forums like people think they should, and there's a reason they've been closed.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Digi
For reference, since a LOT of people don't actually know what was originally used as criteria for the label (Trans tier is a KMC construct, btw, don't expect to see it elsewhere)...anyway, the criteria was this:

Above Surfer, Below Odin. Fin.

I've seen some wonky ideas about how it is or should be defined. But that was it.

Anyway, this is being closely watched. Tiers threads don't really work on the forums like people think they should, and there's a reason they've been closed.

I understand that.

I also understand that these tiers are just rough guidelines rather than absolute barometers of power.

It just seems to me that there are certain feats understood to be Herald level, Meta Level, Street level, and Skyfather, Skyfather+ level independent of combat, whereas Trans Tier is seemingly defined by "how many Heralds you can woop" or "how long you can last against a Skyfather"

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 08:08 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I understand that.

I also understand that these tiers are just rough guidelines rather than absolute barometers of power.

It just seems to me that there are certain feats understood to be Herald level, Meta Level, Street level, and Skyfather, Skyfather+ level independent of combat, whereas Trans Tier is seemingly defined by "how many Heralds you can woop" or "how long you can last against a Skyfather"

Agreed. It's an odd tier. Though to be fair, every other "tier" (Herald, meta, etc.) has essentially 3x the power range of Trans, since they're all technically 3 tiers. There's more in common across such a broad spectrum, whereas Trans is trying to identify commonalities among, perhaps, 20-25 generally-known characters in comics, not 100's like the others.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 09:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote