KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Thanos Imperative!

The Thanos Imperative!
Started by: Power Cosmic II

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

The Thanos Imperative!

This promo art is BADASS

(please log in to view the image)

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories...anos_imperative

Looks like Thanos vs. Magus, round 3. Thank God for DnA. Cosmic Marvel FTW! Happy Dance

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 08:11 AM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

looks cool...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:34 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Wait....is this a one shot or a mini?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 04:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul

A one shot that leads into the next cosmic event type thing.

I guess it'll act as a jumping on point like the Annihilation Prologues and WoK: SI

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 08:08 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The Nuul
quote:
In all, THE THANOS IMPERATIVE: IGNITION sets the tone for the raucous events to come, and Abnett and Lanning promise that all the action, adventure and surprises for which they've become known will be present.

"This is going to be big, serious, epic stuff," promises Lanning. "Huge space action and vast, galaxy changing events. But we're not going to forget the human scale of things either. All the big stuff is just too big without a human focus to ground it, so the fortunes and relationships of our characters are going to matter as much. Friendships, loyalties, betrayals.

"Oh, and this is probably the biggest and most serious cosmic epic we're ever going to produce, but there's still going to be an opportunity for a gag or two. Rocket Raccoon's in it, after all."

Sounds pretty good.

Though I personally think that both Marvel and DC need to take a break from 'cosmic events' for a while. Meh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 08:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Galan007
Sounds pretty good.

Though I personally think that both Marvel and DC need to take a break from 'cosmic events' for a while. Meh.

Especially DC. They need another Identity Crisis IMO.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 08:59 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
A one shot that leads into the next cosmic event type thing.

I guess it'll act as a jumping on point like the Annihilation Prologues and WoK: SI

Thought so.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 09:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

should b good

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 04:32 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

smile smile smile

The best character is returning to comics. The art is outstanding.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 05:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't know how I feel about cosmic events, because it's useful to portray characters that don't have their own books like Nova and the Guardians and I'm certainly pro-expanding the cosmic Marvel universe. That's the saving grace of the Blackest Night to me: Installing Atrocious and other characters as staples of the cosmic universe. It's important for we readers who read mostly cosmic stuff.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:36 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

IDK why ever is so sorked up it just a left over Thanos Clone big grin

About time he comeback but i hope after siege gets resolved. They keep everything simple for a little bit I would like to see more on the Cosmic end but at least keep it contain between the abstract and skyfather type characters without the muiltverse being in danger

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 07:38 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
I don't know how I feel about cosmic events, because it's useful to portray characters that don't have their own books like Nova and the Guardians and I'm certainly pro-expanding the cosmic Marvel universe. That's the saving grace of the Blackest Night to me: Installing Atrocious and other characters as staples of the cosmic universe. It's important for we readers who read mostly cosmic stuff.
Cosmic events have always been my personal favorite. When I first heard Thanos was coming back I was disappointed, but then when I read this article and realized it's not just to guest star in the gotg book but to segway into another major event i was won over.

Thanos isn't Darkseid nor should he appear anywhere near as often like some sort of Superman villain, but for major events and happenings.

This is Thanos at his best and where I want him to stay.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 07:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I wouldn't mind if Marvel did some sort of catch all "brave and the bold" or "adventure comics" kind of book which could have different cosmic heroes so we can keep up with them without having them to be ongoing series. That way we wouldn't depend on events to involve the whole cosmic universe.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 08:31 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
I wouldn't mind if Marvel did some sort of catch all "brave and the bold" or "adventure comics" kind of book which could have different cosmic heroes so we can keep up with them without having them to be ongoing series. That way we wouldn't depend on events to involve the whole cosmic universe.
I'd like to see the Surfer get his own monthly again myself.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 08:42 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Hopefully, writers will display Thanos physical attributes & other combatant abilities.

Unlike Darkseid, Thanos isn't limited to evil or some what. He share similarities with Dark Beast from X-men, but in higher order of things. Knowledge is power.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 08:55 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

quote:
In all, THE THANOS IMPERATIVE: IGNITION sets the tone for the raucous events to come, and Abnett and Lanning promise that all the action, adventure and surprises for which they've become known will be present.

"This is going to be big, serious, epic stuff," promises Lanning. "Huge space action and vast, galaxy changing events. But we're not going to forget the human scale of things either. All the big stuff is just too big without a human focus to ground it, so the fortunes and relationships of our characters are going to matter as much. Friendships, loyalties, betrayals.

"Oh, and this is probably the biggest and most serious cosmic epic we're ever going to produce, but there's still going to be an opportunity for a gag or two. Rocket Raccoon's in it, after all."

This is probably the End War mentioned by Oblivion. Basically between the champions of the abstracts. Magus, the UCT, and the Fault on the side of life. Thanos fighting on the side of death. Infinity's champion, Quasar, is back to his original form. All that's needed is the resurrection of Maestrom as an avatar of Oblivion.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:12 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
This is probably the End War mentioned by Oblivion. Basically between the champions of the abstracts. Magus, the UCT, and the Fault on the side of life. Thanos fighting on the side of death. Infinity's champion, Quasar, is back to his original form. All that's needed is the resurrection of Maestrom as an avatar of Oblivion.
I am loving this idea as well. I always wanted Thanos to stomp Maelstrom and hopefully this will give me my chance.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:19 PM
guy222
With my gal

if its done right, b a classic

thank god, no starlin

art is incredible

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 10:34 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Be interesting how the people who killed him off bring him back. Considering it's not someone else taking the reigns and making up how he comes back.

Also, Marvel Cosmic Events at least give the lesser known characters a chance to shine, considering they don't actually have known cosmic characters (except Surfer/Galactus), so it's not Captain America coming in and punting Thanos in the balls... or Wolverine doing anything. A lot less WTF moments, and whatnot. Seige is an example... Dark Wolverine. IMO anyway.

Should be interesting, and I hope it's written fairly well (should be considering who's writing it).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 11:19 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Looks pretty good, can't wait for May!

The Word

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 11:23 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote