KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » What if Skynet won?????

What if Skynet won?????
Started by: SkyNet 0.2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SkyNet 0.2
New Form of Intelligence

What if Skynet won?????

I think this will be a good topic. What if Skynet won the war? What if it destroyed all the humans? What happens then, What would skynet do then? Would it start destroying all the machinces it built? What do you guys think?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 04:58 PM
SkyNet 0.2 is currently offline Click here to Send SkyNet 0.2 a Private Message Find more posts by SkyNet 0.2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Now...I haven't thought too much about this idea...and idk if I even believe it myself, cause it just popped into my head for a second...but a possibility would be a self-destruct system. Without Skynet having a goal, what is it gonna do? Its goal is to remove evil, so it sees humans as evil, and once it does, then what? Its served its purpose, so like a Terminator, it kills itself after that lol.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:42 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkyNet 0.2
New Form of Intelligence

I was thinking that too, then I thought it would start to destroy every other thing on earth including the Terminators by building stonger smarter machinces which would destroy the Terminators and then the would then become to smart and destroy Skynet and then the would make machinces to do this which would then their makers and this would keep happening until the machinces got too powerful and too smart and destroyed THE WORLD....the end.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 10:39 PM
SkyNet 0.2 is currently offline Click here to Send SkyNet 0.2 a Private Message Find more posts by SkyNet 0.2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Now...I haven't thought too much about this idea...and idk if I even believe it myself, cause it just popped into my head for a second...but a possibility would be a self-destruct system. Without Skynet having a goal, what is it gonna do? Its goal is to remove evil, so it sees humans as evil, and once it does, then what? Its served its purpose, so like a Terminator, it kills itself after that lol.

I think that seems like the most likely event. They would probably scan the remaining area of the aftermath and after no sings of human lifeforms they would probably stare blankly at eachother for a few moments and then initiate the self-destruct mechanism.

Its a very insane idea, but what if for some reason the Terminators decided to search the far out areas of space for living lifeforms. Perhpas they could search and find the home planet of the savage Predators themselves. Although theoretically since any spaceship or object of transportation they could create would not be able to support their weight and equipment it would not be possible.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 12:38 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Its a curious question, as its hard to say why Skynet even attacked the humans in the first place, what really was the point of wiping us out. If they suceeded, it mite be rendered useless, or perhaps look for ways to rebuild the planet for themselves, who knows.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 07:54 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'm not entirely sure that they attacked us because we're "evil"; perhaps it's more because we're imperfect ...

And who's to say that Skynet's sole purpose was the destruction of humanity? Perhaps they have other {as yet unknown} goals which they would try to fulfill after wiping us out {instead of self-destructing}? I'm sure that they could, as TFP suggested, venture out into space. It wouldn't be TOO hard to build a spaceship to support their weight ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 10:13 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm not so sure, don't forget Skynet did very little 'creating', all the machines were already made.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 05:36 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Thats also a good point. Although I suppose the "creating" is evenly split since the humans created the first Terminators, Hunter Killers, and other weapons and the (after Judgment Day) Terminators created new designs for the future Hunter Killers, Terminators, and other weapons.

Originally posted by Ahnold
I'm sure that they could, as TFP suggested, venture out into space. It wouldn't be TOO hard to build a spaceship to support their weight ...

True, which is why I only said it would "theoretically" not be possible. As we all know actual scientific facts and realistic actions don't usually take place in science fiction related material (books, films, and TV). You pretty much lose all realism when you have a wars with killer robots, time machines, etc.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 06:11 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

That's true, but are you sure that it's even theoretically impossible? I just don't know ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 02:13 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Honestly, I'm not actually sure whether it is or isn't.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Too hard to toss up really.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 05:17 AM
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by Ahnold
I'm not entirely sure that they attacked us because we're "evil"; perhaps it's more because we're imperfect ...

And who's to say that Skynet's sole purpose was the destruction of humanity? Perhaps they have other {as yet unknown} goals which they would try to fulfill after wiping us out {instead of self-destructing}? I'm sure that they could, as TFP suggested, venture out into space. It wouldn't be TOO hard to build a spaceship to support their weight ...

I actually thought that the purpose of SkyNet waging its war against Humans was because SkyNet viewed Humans as a threat to its existence. Hence why the war took place: to remove the threat. Once the threat was/is removed I assume SkyNet would go about restructuring the world to its desire (if it is possible for machines to desire anything).

This is only my assumption, and assumptions are know to be the the f*ck ups of all mothers so I'm probs wrong.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:39 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by vvvrulz
I'm not so sure, don't forget Skynet did very little 'creating', all the machines were already made.

I think that's wrong...Remember Reece in T1? He would say stuff like: first there were HK's, then there were Terminators, the newest line.

And I think SkyNet created the T-100 didn't it? Didn't see any traces of that in T3...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 12:42 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Actually thats a pretty good call.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 10:23 AM
Praylu

Originally posted by U Neek
I actually thought that the purpose of SkyNet waging its war against Humans was because SkyNet viewed Humans as a threat to its existence. Hence why the war took place: to remove the threat. Once the threat was/is removed I assume SkyNet would go about restructuring the world to its desire (if it is possible for machines to desire anything).

This is only my assumption, and assumptions are know to be the the f*ck ups of all mothers so I'm probs wrong.

Thats seems pretty right to me, logical theory. I'm sure it would be entirely possible for them to reconstruct or build after they defeat the humans since I'm sure they must have built more than a few buildings and large structures during the war of the machines.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 08:48 PM
U Neek
Mr

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Thats seems pretty right to me, logical theory. I'm sure it would be entirely possible for them to reconstruct or build after they defeat the humans since I'm sure they must have built more than a few buildings and large structures during the war of the machines.

If you have T2 on DVD (2 Disc Special Edition) you can read the original script that James Cameron and Bill Wisher wrote. There's a scene that is not in the movie and it's when the Human resistance breaks into SkyNet's fortress after smashing the main frame. The building is described as being "futuristic" and "of obvious machine design".

I think the scene was scrapped because it wasn't an integral part of the T2 storyline but should a Terminator film ever be made showing the war then it should be included. It would give us an insight in to SkyNet, how it actually existed and where it lived during the war. I know SkyNet could be housed anywhere because it existed in Cyberspace but I always liked the idea that there was a central core where SkyNet housed itself most of the time.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:02 PM
dubefan
the man with the plan

whoever posted this forum, heres a little update, skynet did win the humans are a resistece not an army, so excellent work, your post is pointless

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 08:06 PM
dubefan is currently offline Click here to Send dubefan a Private Message Find more posts by dubefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Originally posted by U Neek
If you have T2 on DVD (2 Disc Special Edition) you can read the original script that James Cameron and Bill Wisher wrote. There's a scene that is not in the movie and it's when the Human resistance breaks into SkyNet's fortress after smashing the main frame. The building is described as being "futuristic" and "of obvious machine design".

I think the scene was scrapped because it wasn't an integral part of the T2 storyline but should a Terminator film ever be made showing the war then it should be included. It would give us an insight in to SkyNet, how it actually existed and where it lived during the war. I know SkyNet could be housed anywhere because it existed in Cyberspace but I always liked the idea that there was a central core where SkyNet housed itself most of the time.

Sounds very interesting, next time I take a look at it I will read that part of it. It might have not been included in T2 because of budget constraints and a scene like that would not come cheap at all. I do agree with you though, they should definitely include that scene in the next film and expand on it a little more as well. A view of Skynet's core would be a feast for the eyes, and it would seem logical for them to include it since it could probably make for some intense battle scenes with the machines.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 02:11 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm interested in that scene too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 06:04 AM
shaber
schizoid

A problem that hasn't been thoroughly explored is how SkyNET learned from the mistakes of its own creators. The T-800s have their development impaired when in hive mode, but couldn't they become rebellious in rogue mode? Also the more intelligent T-850s and the superadvanced T-1000s and T-Xs are rather an unreliable factor.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 02:55 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote