KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog

Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog

1. CIS on
2. CIS off

No BFR

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 03:18 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

With CIS off, J'onn solos.

With CIS on, Team 2 still wins.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 09:20 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Question about MM. Have we reached a conclusion/consensus regarding the fire weakness? I know that its been depicted fairly inconsistently over the years, however, recently I saw a scan of him flying into the sun and although he did burn up, it did seem to take some time.

Last edited by dmills on Apr 19th, 2011 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 04:24 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'd think the fact that he flew inside the sun should seal it for current J'onn. At least as far as fire seriously hindering him in any battle, unless people start arguing the opponents creating fires on that level, which would be asinine.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 04:33 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
I'd think the fact that he flew inside the sun should seal it for current J'onn. At least as far as fire seriously hindering him in any battle, unless people start arguing the opponents creating fires on that level, which would be asinine.
I agree. The guy did burn up, but it wasn't depicted as if he was some vampire that instantly burns to a crisp upon the briefest exposure to the sun like some people made it out to be.

As for this fight, both Nova and Blackbolt aren't really hindered by CIS- both tend to make use of all of their powers with relative proficiency- as much as its self imposed limitations on power output for obvious reasons, i.e.Blackbolts voice destroying everything, Nova going crazy and killing everybody.

Last edited by dmills on Apr 19th, 2011 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 05:07 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Good fight. CIS on, I'll take Team 1. CIS off, J'onn should solo.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 07:52 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Whats the major hindrance that makes a CISless J'onn some much more formidable that he'd solo two borderline high heralds? Is he holding back power or not utilizing all of his abilities in battle?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:10 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by dmills
Whats the major hindrance that makes a CISless J'onn some much more formidable that he'd solo two borderline high heralds? Is he holding back power or not utilizing all of his abilities in battle?
Yeah- mostly the fact that neither of Team 1 really has the capacity to affect J'onn when he's intangible. Add in his telepathy and he could potentially (imo, definitely) take them down without actually engaging in physical combat with them.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:13 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Existere
Good fight. CIS on, I'll take Team 1. CIS off, J'onn should solo.

How would jonn solo cis off??

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:14 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How would jonn solo cis off??
If You've ever read the arc where Jonn becomes Fernus you'd see how amazingly powerful he becomes when he's evil and has no qualms about anything. He single handedly was owning the JLA and only lost when Manitou Raven helped Jonn resist Fernus on the Dreamscape and Fernus gave birth to Jonn. Which im sure did weaken him quite a bit for Jonn to give the kill blow

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:24 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Superherovandal
If You've ever read the arc where Jonn becomes Fernus you'd see how amazingly powerful he becomes when he's evil and has no qualms about anything. He single handedly was owning the JLA and only lost when Manitou Raven helped Jonn resist Fernus on the Dreamscape and Fernus gave birth to Jonn. Which im sure did weaken him quite a bit for Jonn to give the kill blow

Yeah.. He was just more ruthless.. He wasnt necessarily upgraded.. Akin to WW3 BA..

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:30 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Superherovandal
He single handedly was owning the JLA

So many characters have done this that it isn't even impressive.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:34 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I don't think Nova can take either of team 2 on his own. And BB would have a hard time stopping Kilowog as well as J'onn.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:47 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Team 1 in both.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 08:53 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Team 2.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 09:16 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yeah- mostly the fact that neither of Team 1 really has the capacity to affect J'onn when he's intangible. Add in his telepathy and he could potentially (imo, definitely) take them down without actually engaging in physical combat with them.

Standard tp attacks wont work on team 1...
Im not disputing that team 2 can win, but thats a bit much if some think Jonn would easily solo..

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 09:49 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Standard tp attacks wont work on team 1...
Im not disputing that team 2 can win, but thats a bit much if some think Jonn would easily solo..
Based on what?

Neither Black Bolt nor Nova have shown an outright immunity to telepathy, nor have they resisted telepathy on J'onn's level (as far as I'm aware, unless something has changed recently. Seeing as Black Bolt's currently dead, I doubt it on his end).

I never said that he would easily solo. I believe that he could though if we remove 'CIS' (which is a stupid notion in itself, but be that as it may...).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 10:11 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Based on what?

Neither Black Bolt nor Nova have shown an outright immunity to telepathy, nor have they resisted telepathy on J'onn's level (as far as I'm aware, unless something has changed recently. Seeing as Black Bolt's currently dead, I doubt it on his end).

I never said that he would easily solo. I believe that he could though if we remove 'CIS' (which is a stupid notion in itself, but be that as it may...).

Maximus is your not a run of the mill telepath. Resists his mind powers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan12.jpg

can directly affect tp'ers offensively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...olt/maximus.jpg

creates hypno pattern against the Mandarin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/mandri.jpg

When a child uses his powerful mind to animate a huge statue, Black Bolt controls the child's mind and to stop the statue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern3.jpg

Uses his electron powers to break the same child's psychic link.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern4.jpg

can even mind blast. prolly through his manipulation of electrons.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...olt/mblasts.jpg

I dont even have to tell u about Nova.. his tp defense is well documented

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 11:02 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't think Nova can take either of team 2 on his own. And BB would have a hard time stopping Kilowog as well as J'onn.
Interesting thing about Nova and BB. I think Nova has shown more overall power (in terms of energy output etc) but BB has better showings vs top tiers. Strange.

Anyway imo team 2 are going to have to try and muscle it. Generic tp will be resisted, energy attacks will be absorbed, amped and redirected etc.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:12 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Konton
So many characters have done this that it isn't even impressive.
Depends on who's in the line up no? I'd imagine that some teams would be more formidable -and thus more impressive- than others. Who was on the team at the time?

Last edited by dmills on Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:15 AM