KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » MMA vs Thread. Who would win....

MMA vs Thread. Who would win....
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

MMA vs Thread. Who would win....

This thread is to debate on who would beat who if they fought. It's also a thread to talk about who you think will win in current and future fights. I'll start, GSP vs Anderson silva. I think GSP will destroy him. I don't think any

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 08:53 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Excellent analysis assface.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 03:14 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Anderson Silva would take GSP's lunch money and use it too by baby powder so that he can go and smack the hell of GSP's momma for allowing her son to even think of facing him.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 03:52 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I don't see how anybody can watch the Sonnen/Anderson fight and have any confidence that he'd beat GSP.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:26 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Silva could have ended that fight at least 3 times during that fight while injured. Imagine him at full health?

GSP is a boring ass fighter, Silva will beat him.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Oct 29th, 2010 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 06:05 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Silva could have ended that fight at least 3 times during that fight while injured. Imagine him at full health?

This "could have" bullshit is a pathetic argument. What did happen was Anderson Silva got taken down at will and controlled for 23 minutes. On top of that, Chael landed the highest amount of punches in any UFC fight ever.

The fight wouldn't have been any different if Anderson was at "full health." Chael's just that dominant of a wrestler, like GSP. Anderson's takedown defense has never been good, as evidenced by the Travis Lutter fight. Lutter has no wrestling credentials, and he has some of the slowest, most telegraphed takedown attempts I've ever seen. There's no evidence whatsoever to support the notion of Anderson being able to stuff the takedown attempt of a 2-time national champion wrestler (Sonnen), so that argument is moot.

On top of that, Chael doesn't even train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. "Imagine" if Chael trained a little submission defense? GSP wouldn't have the same problem, considering he's a black belt, and he trains with the best guys in the world on the mat. His top control is much better than Sonnen's.

Stylistically, the match favors GSP.

Anderson Silva is a "boring ass fighter." He doesn't even want to engage BJJ fighters with no stand-up credentials. GSP will beat him.

smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 06:46 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Some day you'll see that I am right. But I do want to see Silva lose badly, I cannot stand him. Hoping Belfort will beat his ass.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Oct 29th, 2010 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 06:58 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Logic FTW!

GSP is effective, and regardless of boring, he gets the job done. Silva can win, but he will have a handful compared to past opponents.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 10:40 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, this is an extraordinarily complex fight to predict. We don't know how a weight change will affect GSP, and I doubt Silva will drop to 170. Silva's counterstriking matches up well with GSP's offensive standup but GSP is still intelligent and precise with his strikes. GSP is obviously the superior wrestler, but Silva has great submissions from the bottom. Silva has destructive knees from the clinch, but GSP has pretty good clinch takedowns. GSP has great ground and pound, but Silva can KO you with upkicks.

I'm sure the people who "guess" correctly will say "I told you so" when the victor emerges, but I don't think anyone can know this match up for certain. There are a lot of variables.

Also, the ki radiated from a fight between these two might destroy the solar system.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 30th, 2010 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 02:17 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, this is an extraordinarily complex fight to predict. We don't know how a weight change will affect GSP, and I doubt Silva will drop to 170. Silva's counterstriking matches up well with GSP's offensive standup but GSP is still intelligent and precise with his strikes. GSP is obviously the superior wrestler, but Silva has great submissions from the bottom. Silva has destructive knees from the clinch, but GSP has pretty good clinch takedowns. GSP has great ground and pound, but Silva can KO you with upkicks.

I'm sure the people who "guess" correctly will say "I told you so" when the victor emerges, but I don't think anyone can know this match up for certain. There are a lot of variables.

Also, the ki radiated from a fight between these two might destroy the solar system.
Co-sign.

I'm not exactly sure how much weight GSP gains during the fight, he comes in at 170 at weigh ins but what is he probably 180 at the fight?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:46 AM
StyleTime

I didn't see that post before.

I'm not sure what he weighs exactly during fight time, but 180 wouldn't surprise me.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 10:45 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by batdude123
I don't see how anybody can watch the Sonnen/Anderson fight and have any confidence that he'd beat GSP.
Easy, Sonnen is better than GSP.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 11:01 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Truth.

Chael is God.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 04:17 AM
StyleTime

You know, he is the very first person I've ever known of with the name "Chael."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 04:41 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Suppose Anderson Silva moved up a weight class. How would he fare against Shogun?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 02:02 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

If Shogun is at his best, Silva loses.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 02:25 AM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Suppose Anderson Silva moved up a weight class. How would he fare against Shogun?

Hard to say. If Shogun Prime shows up, it would be epic. If Shogun's victory over Machida is any indicator, he'd win; however, Silva is a slightly different beast from Machida.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 05:14 AM
Quiero Mota

I'd like to see Efrain Escudero vs Nate Diaz. Of course I'd be going for Hecho-en-Mexico. One of my nephews went to high school and wrestled with Escudero...and Diaz is just a little puto who has a spotlight he doesn't deserve.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 05:20 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Lawlz.

Nate would destroy Efrain.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 07:15 PM
Squirrel Fart

GSP vs Bob Sapp.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 08:41 PM