KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Ronaldo anounces retirement from football

Ronaldo anounces retirement from football
Started by: ofnwt11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ofnwt11

Ronaldo anounces retirement from football

In a tearful announcement, Ronaldo,one of the world's greatest soccer stars, revealed his decision to retire, ending one of the most successful careers in soccer.

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima,commonly known as Ronaldo, is a Brazilian former footballer who last played for Corinthians. Ronaldo was one of the most prolific scorers in the world in the late 1990s and the early 2000s. He won his first Ballon d'Or as the European Footballer of the Year in 1997 (aged only 21) and again won the award in 2002 (26 years old). Additionally, he is one of only two men to have won the FIFA Player of the Year award three times, along with French footballer Zinedine Zidane.

In 2007, he was named as one of the best starting eleven of all-time by France Football and was named to the FIFA 100, a list of the greatest footballers compiled by fellow countryman Pelé. In 2010, he was voted Goal.com's "Player of the Decade" in an online poll, gathering 43.63 percent of all votes[2] and was also included as centre forward in the "Team of the Decade."[3] On 23 February 2010, Ronaldo announced that he will retire after the 2011 season, signing a two-year contract extension with the Corinthians at the same time.[4] He is widely considered by experts and fans as one of the greatest players of all time.[5]

Ronaldo has played for Brazil in 97 international matches, amassing 62 goals. He was a part of the Brazilian squad that won the 1994 and 2002 World Cups. During the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Ronaldo became the highest goalscorer in the history of the World Cup with his fifteenth goal, surpassing Gerd Müller's previous record of 14.

Ronaldo retired on 14 February 2011. He cited pain and hypothyroidism as the reason for his premature retirement. [6] He left football with the record of the most goals scored in the history of the FIFA World Cup, including two goals in the 2002 FIFA World Cup Final.
But now. for the health, he had to retire form the football team. That's a pity that can't see him play the football any more. But Ronaldo's career was marked by his goals just as it was by his injuries, which kept him sidelined for nearly three years in total. it's written by 564213qq on 2.16

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 08:38 AM
ofnwt11 is currently offline Click here to Send ofnwt11 a Private Message Find more posts by ofnwt11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Shouldn't this be in the sports forum?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 05:18 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Shouldn't this be in the sports forum?

yep

but Im sure Ronaldo one of the best players to grace a football field, can also have a place on the main page.

(until a mod moves it)smile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 05:37 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skdwww

Ronaldo out Football is football's loss, I hope he can return.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 06:22 AM
skdwww is currently offline Click here to Send skdwww a Private Message Find more posts by skdwww Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Probably within the next year Ronaldo will be playing in the MLS for the Los Angeles Galaxy at an insane price.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 05:10 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flameback
Probably within the next year Ronaldo will be playing in the MLS for the Los Angeles Galaxy at an insane price.

doubt its, unless there´s a league for fat people.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 05:18 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobhank

its really very sad news for his fan and lovers

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 10:04 AM
bobhank is currently offline Click here to Send bobhank a Private Message Find more posts by bobhank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GaDaffy Duck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Big cheeks and big teeth.

Guy took steroids allegedly when they lost to France.... Poor guy had a breakdown as well allegedly.

No Maradonna.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 11:47 PM
GaDaffy Duck is currently offline Click here to Send GaDaffy Duck a Private Message Find more posts by GaDaffy Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

It was about time one of the top 50 players off all time...I thought he would pull a Rivaldo on us.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 03:43 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote