KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America w/o shield vs Batgirl w/standard Equip

Captain America w/o shield vs Batgirl w/standard Equip
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain America w/o shield vs Batgirl w/standard Equip

Can she survive against him even if he doesn't have his shield?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:14 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

She can give him a good run, but Steve's stronger, more durable, and doesn't tire. She can take some wins, but not the majority here.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:20 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even with the gadgets and batarangs? How does he close the gap?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:26 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Harbinger
She can give him a good run, but Steve's stronger, more durable, and doesn't tire.

And she's got a modified brain that gives inhuman coordination, and move-reading, which makes up for a lot. Neither of them are bog human.

Sans shield, and with her having weapons, I'd personally give her a *small* edge.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:27 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

As I said, he's stronger, more durable, and can't tire out; if anything, Cap wins via attrition because Cass will eventually tire. Plus, Cap's got some damn impressive dodging/evading feats to his name, so I doubt Cass connects with all of the gadgets she throws at Steve here. She's faster, but not by a significant amount, IMO.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:29 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

She doesn't have to connect with a lot, they just give an additional threat that he has to worry about. He's got strength and stamina, she's got speed, coordination, and reading. Tossing in Batarang that have near-bullseye level accuracy helps tip the scale.

Anyway, whoever wins, very close and cool fight.

Last edited by Q99 on May 15th, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:37 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think Cap takes a solid majority, like 8/10. He is longer in that business, has faced a lot more foes and is one of the best h2h fighters in the MU + his physical superiority.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post May 15th, 2011 12:47 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think Cap takes a solid majority, like 8/10. He is longer in that business, has faced a lot more foes and is one of the best h2h fighters in the MU + his physical superiority.

She's been fighting her entire life, has Taskmaster-style move copying, is one of the best H2H fighters in the DCU, and her brain is sufficiently odd that she can do combos that are mentally impossible for a normal person (coordination-wise that is. She can basically put her full focus into each hit and move).

He's got an altered body, she's got an altered brain. They're a rather good pair.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 01:09 PM
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Q99
She's been fighting her entire life, has Taskmaster-style move copying, is one of the best H2H fighters in the DCU, and her brain is sufficiently odd that she can do combos that are mentally impossible for a normal person (coordination-wise that is. She can basically put her full focus into each hit and move).

He's got an altered body, she's got an altered brain. They're a rather good pair.

actually Caps brain is altered as well. everything about him is enhanced.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 03:56 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Lord Feron
actually Caps brain is altered as well. everything about him is enhanced.

Not to the same extent hers is.

There's effectively three powers she has as a result: Mentally impossible coordination, Taskmaster-like copying, and body language reading.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 04:04 PM
JonyBoy2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
Not to the same extent hers is.

There's effectively three powers she has as a result: Mentally impossible coordination, Taskmaster-like copying, and body language reading.
Cap 6/10

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:01 PM
JonyBoy2 is currently offline Click here to Send JonyBoy2 a Private Message Find more posts by JonyBoy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Steve is stronger, faster, more skilled and has infinite stamina. He takes the high majority.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:05 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

im sick of th cap doesnt tire argument, under the strain of a fight he will fatigue like everyone else, as shown in actual comics

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:08 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Steve is stronger, faster, more skilled and has infinite stamina. He takes the high majority.

I disagree that he's faster. I disagree that he's more skilled too (as far as without the shield). Even if Im wrong then the difference is very minute here. What turns the tables is the fact that she has weapons and can copy his fighting skill like taskmaster did. She wins the majority easily.

Also, CA doesn't have infinite stamina.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:52 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Steve wins. Faster (She has a high end bullet dodging feat? Steve has outrun bullets), noticeably stronger and tougher, has the endurance edge and I doubt she's more skilled.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 07:09 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree that he's faster. I disagree that he's more skilled too (as far as without the shield). Even if Im wrong then the difference is very minute here. What turns the tables is the fact that she has weapons and can copy his fighting skill like taskmaster did. She wins the majority easily.

Also, CA doesn't have infinite stamina.

What a happy coincident that Captain America being faster and more skilled isn't a mater of opinion, but undisputed fact. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 15th, 2011 07:10 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Q99

Cap has an enhanced brain. Cap did well against Taskmaster using more deadly equipment than Cass.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 07:12 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Batgirl really hasn't impressed me with her Taskmaster copying skills outside from fighting this shadow character.

I give it to Steve 6/10 after a good fight. His advantages look better to me then Cass.

But I could see why Cass fans argue against it with her decent record against Slade.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 02:50 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by Deadline
Cap has an enhanced brain.

LOL weren't you just asking me for references for this and here you are using it for Cap.

Shame on you Deadline.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 03:16 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batgirl isn't faster. You could make an argument she's more agile.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 17th, 2011 03:33 PM