KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates 4 was waay better than what critics said!

Pirates 4 was waay better than what critics said!
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jcvaldez

Pirates 4 was waay better than what critics said!

I saw the midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I thought it was a great movie. It was a perfect action/adventure movie. This film felt like the first Indiana Jones film, in which it had all the right elements. The acting and dialogue was far better than the previous films. The CGI wasn't too overwhelming, in fact the CGI was barely noticeable. Penelope Cruz was a perfect addition to the series and makes me wonder why she wasn't in it since the beginning. All the actors performed well and kept you interested throughout the story. The film stuck to one story line and did not layer more confusing story plots like the second and third films. Johnny Depp's performance was more like his Captain Jack Sparrow in the first film and not like a goof ball in the second and third. If you haven't seen, I highly recommend it! It was fantastic!

Old Post May 20th, 2011 03:40 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

I love that they made jack smarter stick out tongue

One part made me angry, but I wonttalk about it until more have seen it smile

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 20th, 2011 10:46 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YoungGunna
Black Thought

Yea the movie was okay it was better than the previous one IMO

Old Post May 21st, 2011 01:00 AM
YoungGunna is currently offline Click here to Send YoungGunna a Private Message Find more posts by YoungGunna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
I love that they made jack smarter stick out tongue

One part made me angry, but I wonttalk about it until more have seen it smile

Yeah me too. That was one of the main things that bothered me the most in the second and third films. I'm interested in what made you angry... send me a private message. I want to know!

Old Post May 21st, 2011 07:03 AM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Originally posted by YoungGunna
Yea the movie was okay it was better than the previous one IMO

I agree it was better than the third film. But, it was more than just okay. It was great!

Old Post May 21st, 2011 07:03 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, they ended the series on a great note...and the ending...plus the secret ending after the credits left me wanting more, which is how it should be.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 07:06 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, they ended the series on a great note...and the ending...plus the secret ending after the credits left me wanting more, which is how it should be.

This is the final one?

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 10:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Prep-Man
This is the final one?

No its not because they've said Parts 5 & 6 is coming they're just sorting out story and all that sort of stuff

as for this movie Penelope cruz's characters was useless don't know about everyone else in this thread.....and with what the spanish did in the movie to to the fountain was'nt expecting that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 12:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Originally posted by Kazenji
...and with what the spanish did in the movie to to the fountain was'nt expecting that.

I completely agree... It was probably the only thing I wasnt expecting to be honest :P
Or didnt think would happen...

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:27 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I love what the spanish did. totally unexpected, and totally.. well, spanish lol

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 01:52 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Stupid Spaniards...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ...They killed Groves

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post May 24th, 2011 09:26 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Tramps Lady
Stupid Spaniards...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ...They killed Groves

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: GAH GROVES WAS THERE?!

I liked groves. T.T

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 12:26 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I still have to re-watch it. Was there any reasoning behind what the Spanish did? I always watch POTC movies at the drive in with my bestie as a tradition, then rewatch in the theater a million times later, but unfortunately some details get missed the first time :/

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post May 24th, 2011 07:55 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, the Spanish [SPOILER - highlight to read]: destroyed the fountain to prove two things. Catholics always win, and eternal life is only gained through faith in the lord and going to heaven.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 08:06 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

Oooh, that makes so much sense now! Haha I was so confused watching it :P

Old Post May 24th, 2011 08:30 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

It was a nice surprise. it was EXACTLY what they would do. xD

I was so happy that the spanish appeared in this movie. it was about time big grin

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 01:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also with the movie what was the deal while in the cave where the fountain was with the missionary, How he went off to the side where the rocks where and he manage to get back to where the mermaid was and yet before entering the cave they had to do that special process just to enter

confused

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

spoiler T.T

but yeah, that was kinda weird. maybe that was the first hing he looked for?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:38 AM
potcfan2003

I just assumed that he did the whole process to get in, but the movie just didn't show it... The POTC plotholes are starting again... :P

Old Post May 25th, 2011 10:58 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

plotholes are okay, it's in every long enough film or novel wink it's what makes fan-digging fun. you spot them then make excuses for the writers, wait for the writers to make excuses or plug up the holes with our fanfiction and fanspeculation! bwahahahaha (where's bwaaaaaaaaa i miss heeeer)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: maybe syrena gave him the power to figure things out before everyone else! *gets shot*

erm, i'll think up a better excuse ater.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 05:03 AM